Matt Dufty

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been in hospital with my second knee replacement. Paying the piper for being a sportsman in my youth. Anyway its going ok but I have foxtel which I have never had. I'm watching old replays of random games.
I've seen 2 games where St Merge is involved, not sure what years but reasonably recent.
Both games have Paul Vaughn and Matt Dufty playing.
Paul Vaughn is playing well and a hell of a lot better than our front rowers have dished up in the last couple of years.
The Duff Man....As quick as lightning has great timing and injects himself into the backline impressively and full of energy. He follows play constantly and often is in right place to take the last pass to score. Him and Jack could make a mess of other backlines, not to mention potential combo with Burto.
I know people will say defence is shit but most fullbacks are the same. Note I said most not all.
I remember what Remis Smith did to him a couple of years back but Smith isn't slow either.
He can catch a ball and he will be happier at our club playing his own style of play.
I'm excited... The Duff Man will do me......

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Been in hospital with my second knee replacement. Paying the piper for being a sportsman in my youth. Anyway its going ok but I have foxtel which I have never had. I'm watching old replays of random games.
I've seen 2 games where St Merge is involved, not sure what years but reasonably recent.
Paul Vaughn is playing well and a hell of a lot better than our front rowers have dished up in the last couple of years.
The Duff Man....As quick as lightning has great timing and injects himself into the backline impressively and full of energy. He follows play constantly and often is in right place to take the last pass to score. Him and Jack could make a mess of other backlines, not to mention potential combo with Burto.
I know people will say defence is shit but most fullbacks are the same. Note I said most not all.
I remember what Remis Smith did to him a couple of years back but Smith isn't slow either.
He can catch a ball and he will be happier at our club playing his own style of play.
Hope your recovery is going well.

In all honesty, fullbacks as a last line of defence are generally only going to offer speed bump service after the breakaway player has beaten everyone else already. So I think it's nice to have a decent defender there, but crucial now that they're going to attack well.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im just so bloody happy we have a quick fullback after years of having to watch Sam Perrett then Will Hopoate play there and get chased down by front rowers.....
I like many got frustrated with Perrett up and in defence... But fuck me I'd kill to have someone exactly like him as our winger with JAC.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch some more of his games, they must have u drugged up good lol

Like the comparison of Vaughan against our cat front rowers, dont let a bit of Duffy pace fool you

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope your recovery is going well.

In all honesty, fullbacks as a last line of defence are generally only going to offer speed bump service after the breakaway player has beaten everyone else already. So I think it's nice to have a decent defender there, but crucial now that they're going to attack well.
Thanks Al..slow and painfull.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch some more of his games, they must have u drugged up good lol

Like the comparison of Vaughan against our cat front rowers, dont let a bit of Duffy pace fool you
Yea I know what you are saying and worry about that too, I'm sure he will have some shockers but Im expecting those games wont be too many cause I feel he is a lot happier playing with us. Over the years Ive seen even brilliant players have off days.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yea I know what you are saying and worry about that too, I'm sure he will have some shockers but Im expecting those games wont be too many cause I feel he is a lot happier playing with us. Over the years Ive seen even brilliant players have off days.
Lets hope so.
All the best with the recovery my friend.

Last edited: