Official Matt Dufty signs with the Bulldogs for season 2022

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was an interview on fox with Dufty and he said he cant wait to get to the Bulldogs next year and prove to everyone what he can do and he wants to extend with us.
He said Baz rang him the day before TPJ was announced and told him.
Im guessing he did that with all our new recruits.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What I like about Dufty is that he is backing himself to make it next year

Whilst he didn't have many options in the NRL before we picked him up, I read where he said he backs himself as a NRL player and wants to stay and prove himself, instead of going to the Super league on a bigger and longer contract

That shows where his mindset is and I love the fact that he has taken a 1 year contract with us and now it's up to him to prove he is worthy of another deal

I think he is going to have a big year and really prove to be a great ball playing link our outside backs. He has the passing game that we have been starved of for so long at fullback. Plus he has the pace to get outside of defenders and really create problems for the opposition

I hope he kills it and gives us that X factor from the back that we have been missing for so long

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There was an interview on fox with Dufty and he said he cant wait to get to the Bulldogs next year and prove to everyone what he can do and he wants to extend with us.
I love how Baz is in contact with the new recruits and already getting them pumped and excited for next year

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some ppl might think I'm nuts but I believe our best signing for next year is dufty. A dynamic, fast fullback with vision can change a side from bottom 4 to top 4 or 5, Ask manly. Fb connects the halves to the backs and he will unlock the best out of players like ado, naden and cotric.

If the backs are the wheels, the fb is the diff.

Im more excited about dufty than ado carr, coz if dufty wasn't coming, ado carr wouldn't be as good for us.
Totally agree.
An attacking fb is so incredibly essential these days.

Look at Barba with sharks.
Ask manly how important turbo is.

I know those two are far better than Dufty but he has much more attack than we have had for a while at fb and he has speed

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we thought that Burton was wavering a month or so ago, reckon he’d be pumped about our prospects now. Alexander and their CEO can fk right off.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some ppl might think I'm nuts but I believe our best signing for next year is dufty. A dynamic, fast fullback with vision can change a side from bottom 4 to top 4 or 5, Ask manly. Fb connects the halves to the backs and he will unlock the best out of players like ado, naden and cotric.

Im more excited about dufty than ado carr, coz if dufty wasn't coming, ado carr wouldn't be as good for us.
Yup, you're nuts.
@Dognacious - Totally worth it, now start a praise of Hetherington thread

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Dognacious is an admin and can't bait me :smilingimp:
Dufnut has some off games, but he has a lot of good ones too. I can’t wait to see him running around for us.

I read something on him getting advice from slatehead after an interview before this season and he definitely improved this year. I reckon (hope) he’ll really lift with us.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score

there’s a hell of a lot of dragons fans unhappy they lost him.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there’s a hell of a lot of dragons fans unhappy they lost him.
I know a few who can't get rid of him quick enough. They've been whinging at me about his defence since way before he was punted.

His defence is pretty awful, but I'm just looking forward to having that sort of pace in our backline. It's the new era of scoring points and little fast blokes having a big say. We just need Baz to get the best out of his attack and Gus to get us a better go from the refs.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never really liked Dufty, always thought he's terrible in defense.

Hope he does well anyway, and I'm still excited to see how he goes for us. If anything he'll still probably tear apart the useless teams like he does now, just has to step it up against the big guns.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Dufty will be a man on a mission next year. He will be pulling out all the stops trying to get another extension. We all know we seem to get the best out of players in their contract years. I know that doesn't ring true with our current crop of players but let's face it our current crop wouldn't make any other first grade NRL run on side except ours.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Dufty will be a man on a mission next year. He will be pulling out all the stops trying to get another extension. We all know we seem to get the best out of players in their contract years. I know that doesn't ring true with our current crop of players but let's face it our current crop wouldn't make any other first grade NRL run on side except ours.
exactly this! When was the last time we gave a player of his status a one year deal? Our club now has this vibe now that your here to play your best days and if not then Gus will give you a farewell.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like weve signed a few players with bad reps, hopefully this works in our favor and they feel like they have something to prove and have cracking seasons.. even Burton has something to prove, being so far down the halves pecking order unjustly..

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Have we discounted the possibility he could be used in the halves?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This. 100%

Teams identify attacking threats on the field and then portion their defensive plans around said players, but the problem with that is when you have more than one attacking threat and this is absolutely crucial in the spine is eventually you just have to focus on a certain area which gives leeway for the other to run absolutely wild.

Now we have strikepower across the field with a decent forward pack building up with the best upcomer talent in Burton and we are looking on the up