Opinion Matt Burton

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I am thinking, Aren't they illegally tampering with a contract?
The only thing you can’t do is offer a player a contract in the NRL’s anti tampering laws. You can talk to players as much as you want about how much you’ll give them but you can’t put it down on paper.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’ll play rugby in Toulon for 2 years and then he’ll play with the roosters on a handshake agreement with Politis and win another comp to add to his 2021 premiership
‘you forgot he just got a new player manager who is giving him advice

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ben Barba
Ben Hannant
Sbw
all left through their contract??

If we don't get Burton we are screwed. We need to get some wins on the board to stop this rot
Barba and Hanbsnt only left because the club agreed to rehearse them. SBW was banned from playing NRL for the remaining duration of his contract. Backflip rule has been removed. Dogs just need to stand firm and say there’s no possible way they will consider terminating his contract.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Penrith are making themselves look like clowns. The media are playing right into Panthers wishes and making us out to look like shit and be the bad guys.
Whinging like babies and doing exactly what they blamed us for.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith are making themselves look like clowns. The media are playing right into Panthers wishes and making us out to look like shit and be the bad guys.
Whinging like babies and doing exactly what they blamed us for.
Fletcher is being a goose. Every time he speaks we cringe. The Panthers forum is calling him colourful names over this.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fletcher is being a goose. Every time he speaks we cringe. The Panthers forum is calling him colourful names over this.
Burton will be well and truly over all this talk going on, both parties need to deal with what’s happened and worry about this year. He will be in Bulldogs colours next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would we let go of the best young half in the game when we have him locked up under contract and why would Burton stay when he wants to play in the halves and he can't do that at Penrith?

I'm sick of this story, I'm sick of people believing it and Burton himself and his agent both said just this week that he's coming and looking forward to playing in the halves and the challenge.

So people need to chill the fuck out and relax. Our club may fuck up a lot of the time but they're not that dumb..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Blah blah blah.

Good on em for trying to get him to stay. We'd be doing the same and making the same waves.

No way our club will allow that to happen though. Get everyone's angst but ... nope. He'll be here!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol hold on... did we not do the exact fucking thing you ***** are crying about??

Trying to get Burton to break contract early? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
No. We tried to convince the club to release him early so he could play first grade. We did not at any point say we wanted to talk to him about breaking a contract he had already signed. I guess we may have talked to him in private, but unless proof of that can be produced, it’s a silly comparison.

Fletcher saying the dogs should consider terminating Burton’s contract so he can stay could be considered tit for tat....but his public suggestion that the club wanted to entice Burton to break his contract is pretty idiotic, tbh. If they have proof the dogs talked to Burton snd tried to convince him to break contract, they’d better produce it. I find it pretty doubtful they would have directly appealed to Burton, tbh. They eoukd have to know Penrith releasing him was the only possible way he could arrive at nrl more early.

Fketcher is probably just trolling, but his comments are pretty stupid, tbh.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I didn't realise Panthers had enough literate fans to have a forum.
You learn a lot at the top of the ladder.

Burton will be well and truly over all this talk going on, both parties need to deal with what’s happened and worry about this year. He will be in Bulldogs colours next year.
Agreed. Just get on with it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would we let go of the best young half in the game when we have him locked up under contract and why would Burton stay when he wants to play in the halves and he can't do that at Penrith?

I'm sick of this story, I'm sick of people believing it and Burton himself and his agent both said just this week that he's coming and looking forward to playing in the halves and the challenge.

So people need to chill the fuck out and relax. Our club may fuck up a lot of the time but they're not that dumb..
Exactly this. They're just rocking the boat to look bigger.

They fucked up massively letting Burton go. Their problem. Our gain.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
prob had this coming with all the talk about trying to get him early