News Matt Burton wants out

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course we want to get the better end of the deal. It's our player you want released 12 months earlier. I'd expect no less if it was reversed. Dogs fans had plenty of animosity for a board that let players go with no return benefit in seasons past.
why are the Panthers adverse to a mutually beneficial agreement?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I found it interesting to hear Arthur say that it is his job to mentor footballers about life after football. I personally don't have a problem with Arthur's passion as long as it doesn't have an adverse effect on our club with a slip of a lip or a Chinese whisper taken the wrong way.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was all in with the Panthers against the Storm last year, but now they can go to hell.

I'm thinking of preparing an effigy of Cleary Senior and setting it on fire [emoji91] outside the Panthers Leagues Club.

Who's with me?
I was on the storm all the way. Glad now too

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No other world do you get a pay rise with another company that’s 3x what your making at your current employment and have to wait 12 months for that opportunity to leave and make that money. The NRL has many issues and this is one of them.

Of course Burton wants to leave immediately he misses out on 300-400k by sitting in reserves for 12 months. I wonder if he could go to fair work about it? That should get the release finalised...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No other world do you get a pay rise with another company that’s 3x what your making at your current employment and have to wait 12 months for that opportunity to leave and make that money. The NRL has many issues and this is one of them.

Of course Burton wants to leave immediately he misses out on 300-400k by sitting in reserves for 12 months. I wonder if he could go to fair work about it? That should get the release finalised...
Lol.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was all in with the Panthers against the Storm last year, but now they can go to hell.

I'm thinking of preparing an effigy of Cleary Senior and setting it on fire [emoji91] outside the Panthers Leagues Club.

Who's with me?
No need to hold grudges against the riff. They missed their chance last year with TB and they're on the way down without him. We're on the way up faster than what most experts think and Burton has far more upside than the riff's current halves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Well said hoops 10000% agree
They give Cleary a serve alright.

Good analogy. Cleary Snr gets out of his contract and leaves Tiges high and dry and so true...if it was his son behind 3 to 4 other halves ahead of him, would he treat him like he is treating Burton. No I dont think so. Plus they've let 6? players go already AND in positions in the forwards where they are skinny.

I was on the fence prior. There's a contract to be honoured and all that ...but now? no Cleary/Pennies...do the right thing by the young bloke.

They are coming off as a poor club in player welfare with Ivan eg Burton, Tamou, Mansour.

A shame. It costs clubs in so many other areas (as our club found out).