News Matt Burton Interviewed About Dogs

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m just so happy we got him signed and sealed well before he got consistent playing time with the first grade squad otherwise every club and their dog would have been after him throwing all sorts of $$$ at him and bumping up his asking price! Gus made it very clear that the Dogs will be locking him up longer term on better money so clubs like Roosters, Storm cant poach him under the table!
Im more confident with gould there that this prodigy stays with us long term ie 5 6 or 7 years

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I as growing up in Canterbury there was this old man down the street who would tell us stories about swimming & fishing in Cooks.
Could never get my head around that lol
You’ll be surprised they still catch bream and whiting in there, a lot of Jews also been caught there. Surprising considering it’s so polluted.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Corey Allan likes fishing also. Hopefully those 3 get along well and makes Allan happier and hopefully make him play better also...
Burto is on the most coin so buys the(big)boat..one of the other two boys buys the Jeep to tow the big fucker LOL

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He said he thinks he can build a good halves combination with Corey Allan and he can’t wait to play with Elliott next year. Also said the club shouldn’t offer Brandon Smith any more thsn 650k. I like this kid!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Im more confident with gould there that this prodigy stays with us long term ie 5 6 or 7 years
Indeed mate, fingers crossed he stays with us his entire career because you can just tell that he is going to be one very special player and I don’t think I am alone when saying that his signing is a very similar circumstance with the way the Bulldogs let Jonathan Thurston slip away from us to the Cowboys back in 2004 and that Penrith and their fans will be kicking themselves for years to come they let him go when they could of hung on to him and let Jarome Luai go instead like the Bulldogs hung on to Anasta instead of keeping Thurston! As Bulldogs fans we all look back in hindsight and regret ever letting Thurston go elsewhere but with Burton, I think we call finally let go of that major disappointment and Penrith can start feeling how we did!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Polished media performer at a young age. Plays a straighter bat than Sachin.

Loved that he grew up idolising the Bobcat.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Corey Allan likes fishing also. Hopefully those 3 get along well and makes Allan happier and hopefully make him play better also...

I’d rather him use Allen as bait! Would probably still miss the target

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did he confirm or deny that he will join us this year for a finals push?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’ll be surprised they still catch bream and whiting in there, a lot of Jews also been caught there. Surprising considering it’s so polluted.
Yeah I caught a soapy there once about 15 years ago.. smallest jewy I've ever seen..