Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They're shit deals, why bother comparing it to them and not other 5/8's in the game?
I think you need to consider the dynamics of the other teams. We don’t have a Jarome Hughes do we. DCE and Cleary are the marquee halves in their respective teams and that’s why they command the big bucks. We have Burton and if he stays he’ll be our marquee and dominant half regardless of who will be our long term 7. It has nothing to do with being a 5/8 or a 7 in terms of value.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
$1m a season LOL! Has everyone gone mad. He’s slowly developing into a great 5/8th. But take it easy guys. Let Gus sort it out! I’m sure he’ll get what he’s worth and he’ll be happy. $1m a year, maybe with all the third party and rep money combined.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
$1m a season LOL! Has everyone gone mad. He’s slowly developing into a great 5/8th. But take it easy guys. Let Gus sort it out! I’m sure he’ll get what he’s worth and he’ll be happy. $1m a year, maybe with all the third party and rep money combined.
Lol exactly, people have lost the plot here just because we've won two games in a row. I guarantee we start losing again and it will be Burton to centre, Averillo is shit, Flanagan is shit, fuck Potter, etc.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think 700-800k would be fair for Burton. We've reportedly signed Mahoney for 600k and I would say Burton's already priced himself higher than him (on potential, but already showing it too) after his last 5 weeks. I think we need to be getting an extension sorted out now, especially before it gets close to November and Burton hits the open market.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
He has a massive boot on him for sure, but he isn't dominate playmaking half, yet.

It's the usual manager trying to get his price up bs.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
Do Dogs and Roosters still have gentleman’s agreement to leave each other’s players alone? Will Uncle Nick honour this if he can’t get Munster? Also, first post. Hello to the Kennel!

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol exactly, people have lost the plot here just because we've won two games in a row. I guarantee we start losing again and it will be Burton to centre, Averillo is shit, Flanagan is shit, fuck Potter, etc.
But those that think that way really have nfi. Burton is a spine player through and through. He’ll be a rep 5/8 on a consistent basis. There’s no way Luai gets picked ahead of him long term. Averillo is showing a lot of promise but I’m still not sold. Will he go back into his shell when the chips are down? Flanno is still shit.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has a massive boot on him for sure, but he isn't dominate playmaking half, yet.

It's the usual manager trying to get his price up bs.
The last 2 weeks is proof that he’s a dominant half. Short/long kicking game and the mounting numbers of try assists. He’s achieving this with an average hooker and halfback. Imagine next year with Mahoney and a possible upgrade on Flanno, he’d be dominating even more.