Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cant anyone see he is heavily targeted and Flanagan doesn’t assist in any way at all take Cleary for example burton kicks and takes the heat off Cleary to play…. We need at least 3 modes of kicking attack plain and simple look at storm Hughes, grant, Munster…… 2004 we had anasta, sherwin, Hughes plodding 40/20’s……. Flanagan runs a simple unders to a flat footed forward or kicks a basic end over end kick with no pressure….. so burton is playing fine!!! It’s the other attacking option we should focus on!!!
Just let the doubters doubt.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Burto is the answer for us. Needs to build combo with avo, the poor fella still has no real strike Center to pass ball to. He’s combo with fox has developed nicely. Throw Kikau in the mix, Mahoney is a key ingredient also. We finally have an origin standard player in our ranks. This will help attract players for next ten years. Our success imo ultimately relies upon our younger players going to the next level. Avo, Kiraz, Schoupp etc
Five eights need good backrowers and centres around them to create options. Burto has Jacko playing left edge backrow ffs.

Will be a completely different story next year with Kikau

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liam martin missed 10 tackles after origin judging a young guy in his first origin is ridiculous

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you’re saying that he’s not a FG standard 5/8 lol?
Obviously an elite 5/8th on elite money.

So you're happy with his performances as a FG 5/8th? Doesn't need improvement?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So you expected him to have blinders consistently playing Bazball?
Lol, sorry Mrs Burton, no body can say anything about your husband....

He needs to improve and learn to be a good 5/8th in FG. What's So triggering about that?

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The side has always been shit.
Look atvthe before Burto and after Burto. Black and white differences.

Even on Burtos low days he make the team look 100%better than they are

While im at it do not underestimate Burtons cover defence.
After the last club game the belief in Burton was as long as freight train. Now we’re down to a single carriage with a handful of us onboard. Watch them all jump back on if he dominates next game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bazball is gone. Get off your knees and quit making excuses for his mid/bad performances.
100%.

I never said he is shit or said get rid of him and this bloke gets triggered.

Burton needs to improve in all aspects of his game, for the record I think he will.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
After the last club game the belief in Burton was as long as freight train. Now we’re down to a single carriage with a handful of us onboard. Watch them all jump back on if he dominates next game.
Fkn lol get your hand off it mate, he had a bad game. Nobody wants him sacked or let go.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No he’s not saying that. You seem to be a huge dickrider of burton. Getting a bit ridiculous. Relax
F**king dickriding lol. I’m just not fickle like many of you. Singing his praises one week then bagging the crap out of him the next. Sorry I forgot that he gets great service and support from an elite 9 and 7 to take pressure off him not to mention superior backrowers in Jackson and Waddell therefore he should be a standout every match.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol, sorry Mrs Burton, no body can say anything about your husband....

He needs to improve and learn to be a good 5/8th in FG. What's So triggering about that?
You were kissing his arse a fortnight ago lol now you’re basically saying that he’s not a first grade standard 5/8 hahaha

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You were kissing his arse a fortnight ago lol now you’re basically saying that he’s not a first grade standard 5/8 hahaha
He never ever said that. Find an exact quote of him saying that lol.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
F**king dickriding lol. I’m just not fickle like many of you. Singing his praises one week then bagging the crap out of him the next. Sorry I forgot that he gets great service and support from an elite 9 and 7 to take pressure off him not to mention superior backrowers in Jackson and Waddell therefore he should be a standout every match.
So his game against the sharks was all marshall kings fault and Flanagan’s even tho they both played better than him.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the kennel is just a joke sometimes haha
The place just doesn't know what it wants. Its as simple as that. They don't realise that the team has to deal with the opposition as well as the rorted match officials week in and week out. The team can only do so much when they have to deal with b.s week in and week out.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kissing his arse? I love the bloke but I wasn't kissing his arse by saying he is worth a million. He is still still learning to be a FG 5/8th. Why is it that hard to comprehend?

Plus you're the one licking his arsehole clean after a shit performance. You ignored my question so I'll ask again, are you happy with every aspect of his game?