Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Malla

Reaction score
Munster will be at roosters
I think Anasta is forcing the burton convo to keep attention off Munster
It’s still such a conflict having a player manager force these discussions on national TV before they are legally allowed to negotiate

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Munster will be at roosters
I think Anasta is forcing the burton convo to keep attention off Munster
It’s still such a conflict having a player manager force these discussions on national TV before they are legally allowed to negotiate
Teddy
Suaalii
Manu
Munster
Walker
JWH
Brandon Smith
Collins
Crichton
Tupouniua
Radley
Keary

How the fuck could they possible manage this? NRL's taking the piss now surely

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Teddy
Suaalii
Manu
Munster
Walker
JWH
Brandon Smith
Collins
Crichton
Tupouniua
Radley
Keary

And they have money in the cap to add lodge so late in the season

Malla

Reaction score
Teddy
Suaalii
Manu
Munster
Walker
JWH
Brandon Smith
Collins
Crichton
Tupouniua
Radley
Keary

In bold will probably be gone by 2024, making the Munster signing possible. I think Keary is on almost a mil or something.

But yeah I agree, its ridiculous. They are so top heavy and now they have Lodge who is a grub but a great buy, for $100k lol

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
In bold will probably be gone by 2024, making the Munster signing possible. I think Keary is on almost a mil or something.

But yeah I agree, its ridiculous. They are so top heavy and now they have Lodge who is a grub but a great buy, for $100k lol
Didn't they pay 800k for B.Smith? That would be justified with Keary's money if he was to leave.

Then Munster ($1m+) comes in for Crichton (600k?).

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddy
Suaalii
Manu
Munster
Walker
JWH
Brandon Smith
Collins
Crichton
Tupouniua
Radley
Keary

they’re without munster and smith now and can’t make the 8 so realistically… who cares how they’re doing it. it’s not working for them at the moment

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
they’re without munster and smith now and can’t make the 8 so realistically… who cares how they’re doing it. it’s not working for them at the moment
True, hard to say they wont be a top 4 side next year with Munny and Cheese though.

They'd be 2 pretty big inclusions to a struggling side, let alone one that's just outside the 8.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, hard to say they wont be a top 4 side next year with Munny and Cheese though.

They'd be 2 pretty big inclusions to a struggling side, let alone one that's just outside the 8.
yeah agree. nothing will ever change though, sombrero is here to stay. i just love the fact they won’t play finals this year (hopefully)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD talking about looking into things with a microscope …. Monitoring how the bloke speaks and the wording he usin interviews … leave the kid alone.

Hate to break it to everyone… but burton will not be resigned this year, in fact it won’t be until after origin next year sometime. his manager, rightly so will ensure he holds out, it’s for nothing to do with money, burton will be rewarded for his efforts whether it’s us or the roosters.

- first is who the coach is.
- who do we recruit.
- how successful is 2023 looking into 2024.
- does him being at the club ensure he gets origin/re level footy consistently.

roosters are sniffing, keary will be made redundant, we got a fight on our hands and it’s against the Bondi bunch… the only man that’s capable of beating politis is the man burton is closest to most, and that is Gus.
There is a few things that worries me about the possibility of losing Burton.
Politis's ruthless and obviously questionable methods of getting whatever he wants.
Also although he is now working and been paid by our club, Gus has had a very close association with Politis and the rotters in the past. At this stage, I have no reason to doubt that he is professional enough to honour his contract with us, but I've seen far to many cases of professionals putting past friendships before duty.
If we lose Burton to the rotters I would be worried about Gus's loyality to us.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm confident he will stay with us. We just need to keep improving and work out who our coach is going to be, that should make him happier . . . And us too

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Cheese sucks....one season wonder....I reckon they will be shopping him around within a year or two. But yeah, Munster would be a huge get

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Cheese sucks....one season wonder....I reckon they will be shopping him around within a year or two. But yeah, Munster would be a huge get
I wouldn't say he sucks, undoubtedly a weapon on his day. Not sure he's a proper 9 though, his service isn't the best.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Teddy
Suaalii
Manu
Munster
Walker
JWH
Brandon Smith
Collins
Crichton
Tupouniua
Radley
Keary

Yeah man its fkn bullshit! Look I get it there are some smart operators out there that know how to manage the cap but fuck me AS IF these cuntss aren’t over

Malla

Reaction score
Roosters need forwards. Their backline is still one of the best in the comp - Suali, Manu, Tupou and Teddy

Their issue is forwards hence picking up Lodge this year and whats the bet he has a crack and they keep him long term. They still need more.