Matt Burton consolidated thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Tigers carrying on like its a GF.

Most of the pennies were off tonight and May isn't a 7.
Matt was not his sizzling best but its now obvious to Baz, and our recruiters, that we need some experience to put around Matt and we need forwards to give him space.

At least the gossip hounds wont be carrying on saying he's too good for us anymore :grinning:

Very little laughing and hugging from panther players with the opposition. They look like loosing hurts to them. Matt can bring that with him as well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got home from work and watched Burton cross for a pretty easy try. I'm not going to complain about his form.

In all ho9nesty though, we've got to look at all the youngsters we sign as not being the finished product. A player can have every skill in spades and still be off in their decision making until they've had time to get very accustomed to the speed and physicality of the NRL. To quote one of the top 5 coaches to have coached our club in the last four years, "you've got to get 40-50 games into a youngster before they're likely to be near their best"

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually glad they lost so they don't break our 17 straight wins.

But Burts tried his arse off.

BUT it also shows we need Cheese to work with him.
Absolutely. I didn’t watch most of the game, but read that May and Kenny played like garbage.

Can’t be helpful when the 2 players meant to be managing the game go missing.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
So judging by some people on here burton was the only player that was playing tonight.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They have already kinda started lol.!!!

He will be fine with SJ, yup I’m definitely pro Shaun as well.
I’d rather have done one a little more level headed and consistency than SJ..... but I’d settle for any experience we can get at the moment. My concern is that Barrett just seems to want to buy mostly young talent. We need youth and experience.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Absolutely. I didn’t watch most of the game, but read that May and Kenny played like garbage.

Can’t be helpful when the 2 players meant to be managing the game go missing.
They were putrid tonight. Honestly, we would of beat them by 2 points tonight.

bulamakdoggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st half down in the penrith game and without thier key players, the hyped up Matty Burton isn’t living up to it IMO.
I’m not tryna knock the kid but if we think he’s going to be our saviour I have my doubts.
The depleted Penrith team he is surrounded by tonight have much more talent than our dogs, and the kid can’t seem to create anything, direct or command. No doubt it’s a shit game with shit calls and stupid mistakes all over the show, but with all of the opportunities penrith have had on their line tonight I would hope burton would be able to break West Tigers poor defence.He’s looking like Flanno and Avo have this year, simple plays, nothing on the line and kicks on set ends.
Hopefully the kid proves me wrong and comes flying out the second half, but if he can’t create anything on the pitch with this penrith side, I’m concerned that he’ll be another passenger player in 2022, and maybe we should seriously be considering SJ as an experienced half to teach our young guys and take a general role in our side moving foward.
I think its past your bedtime. Good night come back tomorrow all rested and fresh,tiredness is playing with your mind.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers carrying on like its a GF.

Most of the pennies were off tonight and May isn't a 7.
Matt was not his sizzling best but its now obvious to Baz, and our recruiters, that we need some experience to put around Matt and we need forwards to give him space.

At least the gossip hounds wont be carrying on saying he's too good for us anymore :grinning:

Very little laughing and hugging from panther players with the opposition. They look like loosing hurts to them. Matt can bring that with him as well.
I don’t blame them I’m happy for them. It’s a big fuck you to Cleary lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’d rather have done one a little more level headed and consistency than SJ..... but I’d settle for any experience we can get at the moment. My concern is that Barrett just seems to want to buy mostly young talent. We need youth and experience.
Exactly why we enquired about SJ.