News Matt Burton, Charlie Staines in Bulldogs’ sights as $800m pub baron joins chase

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I think this guy is a clown and bad news. if $500k is all he is paying that is PEANUTS . Plus he seems like a flog , who likes the sound of his voice in the media and drum himself publicity . We don’t want to hear from sponsor , we want to hear from people in the club
‘also wtf is a sponsor going to the players to sign them up, that is a board and recruitment team employed by the club job!
also he is a tool for publicising that he is going to go and see them, grade A flog , what happens if they refuse to sign , club look like dickheads just like the tigers with their public persuit of latrell
You sound salty. When your worth $800mill you can act like a flog also.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is a couple of things going on.

1. Barrett was "told" by the Panthers of no poaching of their players. So Canterbury ask the Laundy's to go on a poaching hunt, leaving Barrett and themselves out of it. Even though the board "signs off" on purchased players, there is nothing the club or Barrett can do, if a clubs major sponsor goes out on a "rogue hunt"

2. Ever since Coorey got the boot, Gould has been shitting on the club. "Barrett should stay at the Panthers" as the Dogs are a mess internally. "Big news" to come out of Canterbury in the next few days, with massive infighting, they really are a "rabble". He than gets his SMH colleagues to write up BS stories, like the one where Laundy's didnt pay a cent for this years sponsorship, and the next 2 years are only 500k per year. Disgruntled Dogs members are calling an EGM with 100 members signing off, etc, etc, etc

How the fuck would Gould know what is going on internally? The media has been pissed off all year, because the Canterbury board have been totally mute, and all of a sudden since Coorey got the boot, all internal discussions, plans and "fighting" have been leaked out?

Coorey didnt have a clue what the board was doing (footy wise) and since he was kicked out, he has been feeding shit to Gould and the media

I am pretty sure this has ticked off a number of board members, and now Gould is going to cop it from the Laundy's - as per this article. The Laundy's might or might not be going out into the bush, maybe they are going after someone else, but Gould has bitten more then he can chew, and the best thing which could happen to us, is if the Panthers go out in straight sets while we land a couple of their players
Agree mate. That is at least part of it but there’s other disgruntled people stirring too. As long as the footy club stays focussed and lands a couple of key signings then get our new pre-season rolling from November all this noise will go away.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yea... would be dream pick ups, maybe now we have an uncle Arthur we don’t need an unlike nick .!!!! Things are ramping up. An Baz an co will come in an do a job here at the doggies, very promising signs since the confirmation of Trent.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree mate. That is at least part of it but there’s other disgruntled people stirring too. As long as the footy club stays focussed and lands a couple of key signings then get our new pre-season rolling from November all this noise will go away.
Absolutely there is and we both know who they are.

I just left it at Coorey, as this is when all the negativity "started" in the media, and hopefully the kennel members with atleast half a brain, can work out step by step, how these stories have unfolded over the last few weeks.

With the other crew - thats another tale for another day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely there is and we both know who they are.

I just left it at Coorey, as this is when all the negativity "started" in the media, and hopefully the kennel members with atleast half a brain, can work out step by step, how these stories have unfolded over the last few weeks.

With the other crew - thats another tale for another day
Bang on...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smart move I reckon. Something Bullfrog would have done. It's potentially great for the club and Laundy. Assuming those 2 players are as good as everyone reckons, if Laundy helps get them, he's basically doubled the value of his sponsorship, cranked up his return on the sponsorship in a big way, and done his job in recruitment. Please get them Arthur, then don't stop there.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how we have had a history of leaks over the years!!

Power plays by those not worthy of holding their position and too insecure / inept to deal with an adversary head on

When will the best interests of the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs actually come before the self interest of the power hungry

The supporters are the lifeblood of the club and we have been dished up crap for too long. I don’t blame the players at all - they are trying to carve out a career and are doing their best. Its certainly not their fault we have assembled such an uncompetitive roster.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro shut up. When did u ever mention Laundy?
I didn't need too.
What I said was, in reply to someone genuinely questioning how the dogs could talk to him with the NRL anti poaching rules in place, was they are going to send in an agent by proxy that is not in the Dogs football department to do the bidding.

I assumed that it would be someone on the Coorey side, but I had my doubts given the anymosity atm.

We now know that the agent is now Laundy.

This is the plan I detailed.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The other question is how often would major sponsors do something like this, it's really a board job tbh. Hopefully it's about him being asked rather than calling the shots, he's certainly no uncle Nick.
You May not have seen my explanation elsewhere, but the way we can (and plan to do) bypass all this is get non football club people to do the negotiations, because we can't talk to Burton before November.
Hill can't, Lynne can't, but a pub owner can. Feel my flow?

You May recall the Bellamy coup attempt. That was all outside the Bulldog footy club too. Hence Craig's very careful choice of words in his denial in public
'No one from the football club has ever spoken to me about a coaching gig at the bulldogs'

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see someone who seems to give a f**k about things beyond personal interests. Been told Steve price sat down josh Jackson and told him that this is his football club and to stay out of his way (strange power move) but a sign of the rubbish attitudes the people upstairs have to this great club at the moment. Laundry is a breath of fresh air

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see someone who seems to give a f**k about things beyond personal interests. Been told Steve price sat down josh Jackson and told him that this is his football club and to stay out of his way (strange power move) but a sign of the rubbish attitudes the people upstairs have to this great club at the moment. Laundry is a breath of fresh air
Yeah I heard about that. 'My club, know your role soldier'. Didn't think it was true until you said it.
we have bats flying around the clubhouse. Then people question my logic of having a secondary club to support.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was only last week some on here were putting the major sponsor down on what he was paying. Just be patient as you would be surprised what a loyal sponsor can bring to our club. Looking forward to next year and beyond.

Last edited:

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is a couple of things going on.

1. Barrett was "told" by the Panthers of no poaching of their players. So Canterbury ask the Laundy's to go on a poaching hunt, leaving Barrett and themselves out of it. Even though the board "signs off" on purchased players, there is nothing the club or Barrett can do, if a clubs major sponsor goes out on a "rogue hunt"

2. Ever since Coorey got the boot, Gould has been shitting on the club. "Barrett should stay at the Panthers" as the Dogs are a mess internally. "Big news" to come out of Canterbury in the next few days, with massive infighting, they really are a "rabble". He than gets his SMH colleagues to write up BS stories, like the one where Laundy's didnt pay a cent for this years sponsorship, and the next 2 years are only 500k per year. Disgruntled Dogs members are calling an EGM with 100 members signing off, etc, etc, etc

How the fuck would Gould know what is going on internally? The media has been pissed off all year, because the Canterbury board have been totally mute, and all of a sudden since Coorey got the boot, all internal discussions, plans and "fighting" have been leaked out?

Coorey didnt have a clue what the board was doing (footy wise) and since he was kicked out, he has been feeding shit to Gould and the media

I am pretty sure this has ticked off a number of board members, and now Gould is going to cop it from the Laundy's - as per this article. The Laundy's might or might not be going out into the bush, maybe they are going after someone else, but Gould has bitten more then he can chew, and the best thing which could happen to us, is if the Panthers go out in straight sets while we land a couple of their players
Great post!
Except I’d rather Panthers win this year hoping some of the players feel like their job is done there and might be more inclined to leave