Mason articles to be merged here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
bro weve all said things in the spur of the moment that we regret. U can all go against him, but i and the minority will stick by him until we know all the facts
Even if we do find out the full story, he still shouldn't have said what he said. He was honestly the last player i would have expected to say that (before the incident). The fact that he is suggesting/ threatening to walk at with the other 4 is like a major bomb which has suddenly exploded on us fans.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
wouldnt u leave ur job if u werent happy with the environment?? Well Mason's job is playing footy. If he isnt happy with wats going on then there is no reason not 2 leave. Chris Judd didnt it (obviously in a professional way) but come on, since when has Mason ever thought about things 1st. I dont like whats happening but u have 2 remember from their perspective. Its their job and its our passion.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noad Is A **** Wit For Bring It All Out In The Media. Thats Why He Should **** Off Too, Cause He Cant Deal With Situations Like This In Professional Way. He Has Just Made The Situation Worse And I Suggest There Is No Way Willy Will Be Staying At The Dogs After Noad Publicly Criticised Him.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
Noad Is A **** Wit For Bring It All Out In The Media. Thats Why He Should **** Off Too, Cause He Cant Deal With Situations Like This In Professional Way. He Has Just Made The Situation Worse And I Suggest There Is No Way Willy Will Be Staying At The Dogs After Noad Publicly Criticised Him.
Vomits.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
burp

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
^^ yes he would, the question would be would this have happened?

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not turning up to club events like all other team members, not wearing the club apparell at training like all other team members...

I think that shows he reckons he is bigger than the club and the team and an insult to the other players...

Mason is a disgrace...

PigBenis

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
noad didn't do a good job of that either.
well if the matter was delt privately i dont think noad would of came out and deafened him self. mason want to get his message a cross thur the media otherwise he would of came out and said this is not true.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont like whats going on with all this bs but im with mase i dont like noad he has done very little since being in charge. i so hope it is all sorted out soon. im copping massive baggings from everyone who knows me cos they know i love willie mason. he has been my fav for long time. and i couldnt stand watching him in another jersey let alone the poosters jersey

come on mase just move on buddy, you dont have to be mates with noad just work under himn mate cos we know he sucks balls too champ

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i dont like whats going on with all this bs but im with mase i dont like noad he has done very little since being in charge. i so hope it is all sorted out soon. im copping massive baggings from everyone who knows me cos they know i love willie mason. he has been my fav for long time. and i couldnt stand watching him in another jersey let alone the poosters jersey

come on mase just move on buddy, you dont have to be mates with noad just work under himn mate cos we know he sucks balls too champ

I feel sorry for you Craig buddy.. especially considering your signature..

Hes let us all down he really has..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see this rift ever healing. It doesn't seem to me that Willy could ever settle down with the club and forget all this turmoil. It will inevitably break out again.

The great days with Willy Mason are over regardless of the result next Wednesday.

M

mofo sixx

I used to be a huge mason supporter but enough is enough
To answer your question He doenst have to come out & directly say he is bigger than the club, as if anyone would ever say something like that, his actions speak volumes read this quote from NRL.com
"I have aleady been wearing blue and white so another colour is not going to hurt me.", that makes me sick, he is rubbishing the blue & white colours, GO TO HELL MASON!
I hope they sack the idiot I am tired of him mouthing off, he still has a lot of growing up to do, we would be a whole lot better off without him, both on and off the field , Seriously his form since 2004 (2005 injury aside) has been not that great, I WISH WE KEPT BIG ROY , HE HAD A LEVEL HEAD SOMETHING MASON LACKS!

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Whose big Roy?
All I can say is that Willie has had an indifferent attitude for the last 3 years and it's something I don't like seeing from a bloke who is a great player. I haven't been reading too much into this issue but who are the 4 other players rumoured to jump ship with him?? Look he is a good bloke sometimes, he does alot for charity and the kids which is great.

About the boxing match, well if he was going to pocket 75k or whatever from it, above and beyond the fundraising, well I guess that's not in his contract.
Also his persona in public is that of someone who think he is above the game. He doesn't have to say it it's how he shows it.

Things like not wearing his blue and white gear to sponsored events (and wearing sponsor champion athletic instead). Not showing up to work functions (eg, dinners and luncheons) and going to Xzibit concerts instead of being at the game when he was injured. Seems to me that's not the attitude I'd want to see from a bulldogs player.

If he and the others go then the number of players we have lost since 2004's premiership would be staggering.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if peter moore were here......
mason would not be
Great point Polecat.

Belmore's best beginning to boil

By Willie Mason
Bulldogs star

July 21, 2006

LOSING Nate Myles to Sydney Roosters on top of Roy Asotasi going to South Sydney has got me fuming. It's again a case of the Bulldogs paying for their success, and I don't think that's fair.

Let's start with Roy.

I moved to the Bulldogs in 1998, he arrived in 1999, and we have been great mates ever since. I played first grade before him but I have watched him develop into one of the best front rowers in the competition.

The Bulldogs have developed him to where he has been such a great player over the past couple of years. Now we can't afford to keep him. Yet the bottom sides like South Sydney, and those other clubs who aren't as successful, get to grab at our good players. It sucks.

Don't get me wrong.

Roy deserves the money he gets, but what can you say when a club like Souths offers you $450,000 a year and the Bulldogs can't afford to give him what he's worth.

The Rabbitohs have got all that money to spend because they've got players that are average first graders and not worth too much.

Like I said, good luck to him and I'm happy for him to go because he's got a family to look after.

But as I keep saying to him, he'd want to cherish this year because it will probably be the last finals series he plays until he retires. There's no way in the world Souths will go any good next year.

Nate's a different story and that ticks me off even more.

While I'm really upset that Roy did leave because we're great mates, he's done his time at the Dogs, he's been a great player for four or five years, and he deserves that money.

But I think Nate should have stayed because he needs to do his apprenticeship and he's gone and chased some money. You can come with excuses like you need a change or you need a starting spot but it comes down to the money.

I'd have loved to have been in his position, getting thrown $250,000 or $300,000 as a 21 year old, but I sacrificed that money to stay at the Bulldogs - and I haven't regretted it one bit.

I've won a premiership and it's made me the player I am today.

I wished Nate all the luck in the world because he is a good mate but I don't know if he is ready for the leadership role at the Roosters that comes with the responsibility of being a starting player.

The Roosters are going to put all that pressure on him by saying he's their No.1 buy and he's got to replace Adrian Morley. But Adrian Morley is irreplaceable.

He's one of the most intimidating players I have ever played against and it's a shame to lose him back to England. There's no other Adrian Morleys out there so I don't know what the Roosters are thinking with that.

It was the same for me when I was 21. I learned off players like Steve Price, Steve Reardon, Darren Britt and all those sort of older heads.

I sat behind those blokes, picked their brains, watched how they trained and that's probably made me the player I am. It's developed me into a leader. But I was no leader when I was 21 and I was in a better position than Nate was.

I don't know what can be done to help clubs like the Bulldogs retain their players. Probably raise the salary cap again? But to be honest there's probably nothing you can do.

It's a problem that won't go away. Sonny Bill Williams is off contract next year, so are Mark O'Meley and Daniel Holdsworth, there's a lot of them here at Belmore.

People are going to be throwing $600,000 or $700,000 at Sonny, $400,000 at Mark, Daniel Holdsworth has been playing some great football so he could be worth up to $300,000. It never ends.

That's just the price you pay for being successful.

Personally, I don't see what's wrong if a club wins a stack of premierships, just like the Dragons did in the 1960s.

There are not going to dynasties in the game now because the good teams just keep getting broken up every time you have a couple of good years. A couple of the good players come off contract and then they get bought.

We had an opportunity in the next four or five years to really establish ourselves in the NRL as the team that dominated the new millennium but we haven't got that chance now. Roy Asotasi was a real big part of that and so was Nate Myles and we've lost them both.

Turning to tomorrow night's clash against the Roosters, that's going to be a harder game than last Friday night's blockbuster against St George-Illawarra.

There's a confidence in the team after beating the Dragons last week that I last felt in 2004 when we won the premiership. But there's a lot of experienced players there now that know confidence isn't going to get you there.

You still have to work hard and you can't be mucking around. You've got to be switched on for every game and I think myself, Andrew Ryan, Tony Grimaldi and the rest of the senior players will be trying to drill that into everyone.

The Roosters will be tough because they've just come off a win, they're still a chance to make the eight and they're old rivals. They hate us and we hate them. If you play in a grand final and one team wins and one team loses there's always going to be rivalry.

We also need to beat them because they keep buying our players. Obviously they're trying to buy a premiership.
Seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it...

My two bobs worth..

Most people are right and I do get the feeling that he does think he is bigger than the club. Look I love the guy to death and have stood by him while he has copped a lot of crap in the media and from other fans. I've had numerous discussions on other forums with Mason-haters but I think he has gone too far here.

Firstly I cannot blame the club for not allowing him to have a fight for charity given his recent injury. What does he expect ? He doesn't seem to be the most switched on footballer that the club has had.

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more indiscretions that we haven't heard about. Its pretty well known that he tested positive to a banned substance (illicit) a few years back. If it had of happened to a player of lesser ability I'm sure he would have been out the door.

The wearing of champion gear to training (whilst being sponsored by Nike as a team) is just silly and Willie should know better about his responsibilities to the club (which should come first) and his outside interests should come second. We (The Bulldogs) are his employer and if I were to do stuff like that in my current employment I'm sure I'd get a warning of sorts and be dismissed on repeated infringements.

I'm not happy with Noad either and I'll be very surprised if he is around at the end of next season. Doesn't seem to have the respect of the players, which is still a bit important, but then the players have to understand that it is his job to keep the players in line to ensure they do the right thing by the club, the fans and their fellow players.

I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or goes. He is very well liked amongst the players but then so was 70centresalitre. The club will move on (if we have to) and with that extra money I'm sure it would be well spent (although there isn't much left - Did someone say Nonu?).

Going to be a very interesting week...

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well u deal it privately instead retaliating in the public
Which is the last thing on Noads mind, he attempted to use the media to pressure Mason which is going to force him to break out

I don't care what anyone tries to shove down my throat. Morrin is a scumbag. Biting is a dog act.
Altho this is unrelated to the general theme of this post, i am forced to agree. Don't even try and make this arguement like the Morrin one
bro weve all said things in the spur of the moment that we regret. U can all go against him, but i and the minority will stick by him until we know all the facts
The FACTS, just wait for them... Houda said Hazem would leave the club earlier this year, like that is going to happen. Managers lie and bargain not players. Noad is yet to have a proper talk with Mase

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few more indiscretions that we haven't heard about. Its pretty well known that he tested positive to a banned substance (illicit) a few years back. If it had of happened to a player of lesser ability I'm sure he would have been out the door.
Dude your worse than the media, he was named although it wasn't him because of his image. The fact you bring that up now kind of shows how easily you have been manipulated against him through this device

FFS i'll wait till i hear a statement from Mason's mouth, this may be a family club but Daddy (Noad) isn't impressing me at the moment and thats sad because i was really happy with the way he had been handling things beforehand.

doggy done it

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mason is a d.ckhead. Always has been, always will be. Every league supporter can tell u that. Today he said that it wasn't a big deal to add red to his current blue and white jersey ( when asked if he would play for the roosters). What club would agree to allow a top player to box a few weeks prior to the season start-of course the club would refuse! He's looking for an excuse to leave. i think he's turned gay and that's why he wants to join the poo-jabbing chooks!

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mason is a d.ckhead. Always has been, always will be. Every league supporter can tell u that. Today he said that it wasn't a big deal to add red to his current blue and white jersey ( when asked if he would play for the roosters). What club would agree to allow a top player to box a few weeks prior to the season start-of course the club would refuse! He's looking for an excuse to leave. i think he's turned gay and that's why he wants to join the poo-jabbing chooks!
Sharks allow their players to box...

Status
Not open for further replies.