Marshall king

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He isnt doing anything wrong, but he is not setting the world on fire either.
I feel lke we have a bunch of potential halves but only one good one, foran.
, but
Its not about doing anything wrong. He just doesnt cut it and doesn't assist Foran whatsoever.
You just have to look at Blake Green, when he played with us he was a reject. He went away and changed his game. Look at him now, does all the basic things needed, controls the forwards, puts the kicks in, and allows his halfback to sit back and pick and choose where to run and attack and inject themselves.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not about doing anything wrong. He just doesnt cut it and doesn't assist Foran whatsoever.
You just have to look at Blake Green, when he played with us he was a reject. He went away and changed his game. Look at him now, does all the basic things needed, controls the forwards, puts the kicks in, and allows his halfback to sit back and pick and choose where to run and attack and inject themselves.
You are comparing a seasoned premiership veteran to a rookie though.
If we could pick up sezer or austin we would be a much better side.

doggy bill

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sezer will come, thump them tonight to make sure.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would still like Cleeland get a go beside Foran. I think he offers more than JMK.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I don't really notice JMK out there to be honest. I am sure Pay is saying just catch, pass and tackle. Not our long term halves partner but a handy bloke to have in your team.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just want a 6 or 7 that can kick a field goal & ice a game.Because clearly ours cant.Im still filthy! About last Friday...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://the81stminute.com/2018/04/je...ntold-story-as-a-16-year-old-park-footballer/

Jeremy Marshall-King’s untold story as a 16-year-old park footballer

BY CURTIS WOODWARD

@woodward_curtis

Everyone wants to do the Marshall brothers story. It makes sense. Benji has resurrected his career at Wests Tigers while the unlikely Jeremy starts again tonight for Canterbury.

Both are playing number 6 but they couldn’t be any more different.

You know the story already. Benji can beat you with a hot step and a no-look flick pass. Jeremy would most likely call for a settling prop up the guts for a measured cross-field kick to his winger.

But their paths to first grade are more significant.

Benji was plucked straight out of year 12 and thrown into the NRL. His debut was a mesmerising display which caught Newcastle completely off guard one afternoon in Campbelltown. Wests won by 50. A star was born. Two years later Benji was winning a premiership. We know that story.

It all just happened so easily. So naturally. Lightning in a bottle. Benji was shot out of a cannon and landed atop Everest. Jeremy had to trek from base camp.

A few years ago, Wests Tigers entered into an agreement with local A-Grade club Campbelltown Warriors where those not selected in Wests’ Under 20’s team would turn out for the Warriors. This wasn’t even the Warriors top team as their players would play their game and would then be asked if they wanted to back-up in the combined Warriors/Wests Tigers side.

There was only ever a handful of Wests Tigers players there. Sometimes they played with 11 or 12 if a few Warriors put their hands up.

In front of a dozen people, this merged team of budding professionals and park footballers filed out onto the field. They barely had time to introduce themselves. And every once in a while, a skinny 16-year-old kid would show up in his Wests Tigers kit.

Nobody noticed.

Under 20’s became reserve grade and even then nobody was really that impressed. Is that guy on the bench related to Benji? Maybe? Think so?

But here we are. New Canterbury coach Dean Pay has seen something in him since he left Wests Tigers for Belmore. He has his head screwed on. He knows where he’s been.

“I’m glad I made the move, but a part of me wished I could have stayed there with my brother,” he told NRL.com.

“That was the plan. But it didn’t work out. My brother told me ‘do what’s best for you’. He said ‘don’t worry about me being at the Tigers, just do what’s best for you’.”

Sometimes in rugby league the stars align.

For others, it’s all hard work.

To steal from legendary wrestler Dusty Rhodes: Benji has wined and dined with kings and queens while Jeremy has slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans.

Jeremy may never win a grand final or a Golden Boot but as long as he enjoys the road ahead nothing else matters.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Besides Marshall-kings 8 tackles what does he offer this team

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great try saver. That’s it. Aiden sezer directly responsible for a try and should be two if rapaja didn’t drop it. Yeh let’s not go for him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's steady but is 100% not a game changer...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Played superb tonight... looks like Pay is letting him play a bit more freely.

JMK: 186cm / 83kgs
Coen Hess: 190cm / 114kgs

So JMK is 4cm shorter and 31 kgs lighter, and schooled Hess tonight in defence.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Played superb tonight... looks like Pay is letting him play a bit more freely.

JMK: 186cm / 83kgs
Coen Hess: 190cm / 114kgs

So JMK is 4cm shorter and 31 kgs lighter, and schooled Hess tonight in defence.
Wtf. If JMK is 186cm then Lachlan Coote is 6 foot

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d rather him there than Frawley. Frawley actually leaks points, jmk is solid.

Only issue is Foran needs help, and you can probably get solid with some ability with Lewis.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d rather him there than Frawley. Frawley actually leaks points, jmk is solid.

Only issue is Foran needs help, and you can probably get solid with some ability with Lewis.
JMK may come good yet. Just started help is on its way lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately neither Foran nor jmk are directing the team well in the attacking 20m zone.. we still look very disorganised most of the time.. other than that jmk has done a fantastic job.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs hes played 3 fg matches. As usual the kennels "trial period" is irrational
Yea it’s bloody ridiculous! His defensive efforts are 2nd to none, he aims up against boys that are far bigger an stronger an gets his man!
He’s doing well.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defends like a guy weighing 100k plus great technique for a small guy

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes doing his best and cant be critical of the kid.. But his inexperience puts alot of pressure and a heavy workload on Foran

We would look so much better if Foran had an experienced partner in the halves

Status
Not open for further replies.