Opinion Marshall for 1 year anyone

Saint Fishy

Previously gareth fishwick
Reaction score
Who you suggest?
Ps. Next season alto come off contract,
We might be able to jag Townsend for instance.
I don’t know but not Marshall. The whole club is rotten from the roots up. Has-beens on big money won’t fix anything. The whole club needs a new mentality and a long term plan.
If i’m in charge of the Dogs i would want Phil Gould in to monitor develop youngsters.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What about a has been on a little money?

Benji won't cost more than 200

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We could go in with Marshall and green, then in 2022 go in with Burton (TK fav) and Townsend.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji and Green move us from a wooden spoon team into aBout a 14th. Still an upgrade on what we have. If no other options arise it may have to do.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People crying on here about signing Marshall on minimum wage for a year to partner green cos he’s shit but rather have Lewis have rocks in their head green is a downgrade on Foran in my opinion and look where we are dead last with two wins so if it’s even possible we are going to be worse off next year there’s no one else to sign ..Burton who everyone is blowing their load over is still on contract with Penrith for next to get a release will have to pay a lot more than he is worth..time will tell if that club has a plan but I hope to god it’s not Lewis and green next year cos it will be another long season

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people forget he is the reason we lost to the tigers!
He still has got a good eye for the game, not as quick as he used to be but thats ok.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to be looking into the future and building a long term team
For the long term, it makes sense to have Green and Marshall for a year to develop our younger halves. I can see Benji remaining as a trainer for our spine after he retires from football.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the tigers are on fire at the moment. The guy was a superstar, but his best years are well and truly behind him. Green is not a superstar, but has good game management. Without Foran, a player such as Green is what we need, not Marshal. And definitely not both.
With Marshall as a bench player, we have back up in the halves - especially as Green may be another Foran, and go missing for half the season. We can get Benji at a bargain price - why pass up the opportunity? Our young halves could learn a lot from his experience.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Marshal is hardly the superstar he used to be, so how do you figure is addition will help us avoid mediocrity. Clutching at straws there bro.
He has the experience that our junior halves are lacking. Why would we turn down an opportunity like Marshall to work with them for a year or more?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realise pickings are slim, but Blake Green and Benji Marshall, you'd start to look like a transit lounge.

You've signed Trent Barrett for 3 years, get him a Lachlan Lamb, Mason Lino, Connor Watson or Brodie Croft type half and let him develop the player into something rather than waste time on over the hill types.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Marshall as a bench player, we have back up in the halves - especially as Green may be another Foran, and go missing for half the season. We can get Benji at a bargain price - why pass up the opportunity? Our young halves could learn a lot from his experience.
Because we need to use every cent in our cap to strengthen the week positions in our side, not buying backup players. We need some superstars, not old timers. Even Green im not completely sold on, with or without Foran.
Marshal on the bench would not cover HIAs. If we fill our top 13 and Averilo isnt in it, then he is our perfect utility.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has the experience that our junior halves are lacking. Why would we turn down an opportunity like Marshall to work with them for a year or more?
We have had Foran for years, and how much help has he been? Plus we have signed Green.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would love Benji for one year in NSW cup
6. Benji
7. Wakeham / Odo
9. JMK
Can play with his brother and help either young half. Only possible if we offload Lewis. Reckon Madge would be dumb enough to take him as he loves good 'defence'

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think there is anyone better on the market besides him and Foran!
I can not stand another year at the bottom of the table!

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean tigers want Foran? [emoji848]