News Mark Geyer hits out at contract saga in wake of coaching circus and David Klemmer’s Knights approach

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a transfer/trade period like the AFL. No swapping of clubs is allowed by any player outside the transfer window.
I don’t really see the point of that. NRL contracts are fully guaranteed once signed and you don’t have draft picks to use as compensation.
We might get to a stage where clubs stop signing players to long term contracts if the players will try to get out of them midway for a better deal.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greenburgs probably looking to break his own contract if anyone overs him 5 cents more. He already broke his contract to leave our club when better money was offered.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Mark Geyer.
Most people used to call him a tool and then when he showed his disgust on Sonny Bill Williams and called him a dog on live tv then everyone started liking him.

Then when there was contract issues with his brother at the storm he was calling to have David Gallop impeached!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t really see the point of that. NRL contracts are fully guaranteed once signed and you don’t have draft picks to use as compensation.
We might get to a stage where clubs stop signing players to long term contracts if the players will try to get out of them midway for a better deal.
AFL contracts are fully guaranteed also. It would stop this craziness of players leaving clubs at any time.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
AFL contracts are fully guaranteed also. It would stop this craziness of players leaving clubs at any time.
At least AFL clubs can be reimbursed with draft picks. We would have no benefit for releasing Klemmer and it’s way too late to find a suitable replacement for next season.
I hope the club has realised how bad our fb situation was when we released Barba. Players can be unhappy but guess what if they want to keep getting paid they’ll turn up. A drop in performance hurts them too not just the club.
If we set a standard and say nobody is released player managers will no not to try that crap on the future. This is a dangerous precedent we are setting if we are releasing everybody who is ‘unhappy’

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thing is that, and it was pointed out by another member... he could go to Newcastle for a year or two and then end up at another Sydney club

I've lived in Newcastle, you get over it pretty quick

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Simple way to resolve this "Cancel Knights NRL license and move them to Perth".

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thing is that, and it was pointed out by another member... he could go to Newcastle for a year or two and then end up at another Sydney club

I have to travel through the Newcastle area to get to our home games and I get through there as quickly as possible. A Sydney wannabee.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greenburgs probably looking to break his own contract if anyone overs him 5 cents more. He already broke his contract to leave our club when better money was offered.
Looks like the Cricket Australia job will soon be vacant.........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the Cricket Australia job will soon be vacant.........
@dogluva they've already decided on their new CEO ... Kevin Roberts started in October.

However the chairman stepped down today, but doubt that would interest Greenberg since CA knocked him back for the CEO job.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
At least AFL clubs can be reimbursed with draft picks. We would have no benefit for releasing Klemmer and it’s way too late to find a suitable replacement for next season.
I hope the club has realised how bad our fb situation was when we released Barba. Players can be unhappy but guess what if they want to keep getting paid they’ll turn up. A drop in performance hurts them too not just the club.
If we set a standard and say nobody is released player managers will no not to try that crap on the future. This is a dangerous precedent we are setting if we are releasing everybody who is ‘unhappy’
Your argument is stupid and makes no sense. No player under contract in the AFL can switch clubs without both clubs and the player agreeing. Klemmer wouldn't be leaving for nothing if there were a transfer window.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@dogluva they've already decided on their new CEO ... Kevin Roberts started in October.

However the chairman stepped down today, but doubt that would interest Greenberg since CA knocked him back for the CEO job.
Cricket Australia were smart then weren't they? ;);)

Yeah that's what I meant, David whats his name.

I don't realy follow cricket much now days. Is that the Kevin Roberts from league?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your argument is stupid and makes no sense. No player under contract in the AFL can switch clubs without both clubs and the player agreeing. Klemmer wouldn't be leaving for nothing if there were a transfer window.
Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read what i said because you sound real stupid. AFL clubs are reimbursed with draft picks if high profile players leave. We would get nothing if Klemmer leaves. Without a draft please explain as you are so smart what compensation we would receive in a trade window?
It would have no extra benefit and we could swap players now in theory with Newcastle if we wanted to go down that path.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I had to pick up my car from Newcastle, couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there. Lucky I wasn't anyone's cousin or they would of raped me lol

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to pick up my car from Newcastle, couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there. Lucky I wasn't anyone's cousin or they would of raped me lol
yeah that's a common theme up there... hence why they all look alike

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read what i said because you sound real stupid. AFL clubs are reimbursed with draft picks if high profile players leave. We would get nothing if Klemmer leaves. Without a draft please explain as you are so smart what compensation we would receive in a trade window?
It would have no extra benefit and we could swap players now in theory with Newcastle if we wanted to go down that path.
Players in the AFL can't leave if they are UNDER CONTRACT. So even in the AFL system David Klemmer couldn't leave without our permission. In the AFL you don't get reimbursed if a player is under contract. Only if they leave as free agents. So your point has nothing to do with the Klemmer situation.