News Mark Geyer hits out at contract saga in wake of coaching circus and David Klemmer’s Knights approach

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players in the AFL can't leave if they are UNDER CONTRACT. So even in the AFL system David Klemmer couldn't leave without our permission. In the AFL you don't get reimbursed if a player is under contract. Only if they leave as free agents. So your point has nothing to do with the Klemmer situation.
You have no idea wtf you are talking about. The AFL has a designated TRADE period for exactly this reason. Dylan Shiel was traded to Essendon despite being under contract to GWS for 2019.
Just shut up and stop arguing what you don’t know anything about.

The AFL has a process for players trades, as well restricted and unrestrictrd free agents.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You have no idea wtf you are talking about. The AFL has a designated TRADE period for exactly this reason. Dylan Shiel was traded to Essendon despite being under contract to GWS for 2019.
Just shut up and stop arguing what you don’t know anything about.

The AFL has a process for players trades, as well restricted and unrestrictrd free agents.
Yeah he was traded but the AFL didn't give them compensation you moron, Essendon did. If GWS said you ain't going anywhere he would've had to stay at GWS. If there were a trade period in the NRL the Knights would have to give us compensation for Klemmer. Whether that be other players or money. Know what you are talking about before you get into debates.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he was traded but the AFL didn't give them compensation you moron, Essendon did. If GWS said you ain't going anywhere he would've had to stay at GWS. If there were a trade period in the NRL the Knights would have to give us compensation for Klemmer. Whether that be other players or money. Know what you are talking about before you get into debates.
You are so dumb. I said draft picks AS compensation. If you find the time to take the stick out of your ass you’ll realise you just agreed with my original point

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am now ignoring Freakzilla because they have no clue.
If this was the AFL we would get 2 first round draft picks for Klemmer. As they have a trade period we would also have an opportunity in that trade period to replace him and not be disadvantaged by being on the hook for any difference in salary if there is one and being able to sign a new player

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You are so dumb. I said draft picks AS compensation. If you find the time to take the stick out of your ass you’ll realise you just agreed with my original point
You said because in the AFL they are compensated with draft picks so no benefit releasing Klemmer. You don't have to trade Klemmer for draft picks if there were a trade period in the NRL. You could trade him for players or money. Also the point of the transfer/trade period was so no one can switch clubs outside the transfer/trade period under any circumstance. That was the main point of my original post which seams to have flown over your head.