Margaret Court.. were the project hosts disgraceful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think social responsibility should also be applied to people having children. That's happened in countries like China with the recent 1 child policy (now it's been abolished though). I know some kids with shitty parents that have been screwed over emotionally through their parents selfishness. If a gay couple have unprotected sex it won't result in an unwanted child, so from that perspective social responsibly is more likely to take place than in the case of somebody making poor sexual choices and winding up with a child they never planned or wanted to someone they used to fulfil an urge irresponsibly.

I do get your point regarding environmental factors maybe contributing to peoples sexual behaviour. My example actually illustrated that in regards to my friend being fairly indiscriminate of how he chose to try and cure himself of what he saw as something wrong due to his upbringing. My mother had also fostered kids who suffered molestation. I think that in many cases it will remove or increase peoples inhibitions and in some cases teach them that they apply value to themselves by playing others sexually. But through my mate our social group at the time saw a few gay couples from nice families (as far as my information can tell) as opposed to people who raised their kids poorly. Like Hacky said, you'd need to do some extensive studies to show conclusively that molested children are more likely to suffer from confused sexual orientation.
Im no expert but I'm fairly sure that kids that have been molested do suffer some psychological issues. I've watched enough Oprah though to know females use food as a weapon to help protect them from being desirable and some become promiscuous some are probably unaffected.. But I think Im
way off topic lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Starting a family ? Ok lets just ignore the child's right to be raised by its biological parents because apparently thats unimportant and outdated and gets in the way of same sex marriage fmd
Many kids are not raised by their biological parents....many kids don't have that right. Stop falling back on generalisations that don't and never have covered the full spectrum of the issue.

Just want to add that this topic really brings me down , I hate being so anti SSM , in all my relationships with gays and lesbians theyre seriously the nicest and most fun people i know but I'm just talking from the perspective of a protective mum..
Let me state that if my kids turn out to be gay on their own accord then so be it, its their life and wouldn't make a micro millimetre of difference to how blessed I'd feel be their parent ..I just want to lay an uncomplicated platform for then to develop into their own person .
Gay kids had very little freedom to grow up as themselves in less progressive times without fear of being bullied, ridiculed....or even beaten to death. Compared to the platform gay kids in past generations had to deal with, I'd say your kids platform is pretty uncomplicated.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Many kids are not raised by their biological parents....many kids don't have that right. Stop falling back on generalisations that don't and never have covered the full spectrum of the issue.

Gay kids had very little freedom to grow up as themselves in less progressive times without fear of being bullied, ridiculed....or even beaten to death. Compared to the platform gay kids in past generations had to deal with, I'd say your kids platform is pretty uncomplicated.
Fmd youre so on the wrong track, I thought you were intelligent my bad

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fmd youre so on the wrong track, I thought you were intelligent my bad
How am I on the wrong track? Please enlighten me. Don't call someone stupid without providing elaboration as to why....only makes you look silly.

My comment is 100 percent acuracte, valid and on point....if you disagree you're detached from reality.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How am I on the wrong track? Please enlighten me. Don't call someone stupid without providing elaboration as to why....only makes you look silly.

My comment is 100 percent acuracte, valid and on point....if you disagree you're detached from reality.
Ok I apologise for saying I thought you were intelligent but arent.

But you're still on the wrong track with regards to my stand on same sex marriage.
I'm coming from a place where I strongly believe , backed by anecdotal evidence , that young children are malleable and for them to witness 2 blokes or 2 females kissing at an altar has the potential to hardwire their sexuality, particularly if they're at the stage of wondering who they are .
All that other stuff about platforms and how kids are ridiculed for being gay is way over the other side of the tracks on the way to timbucktoo.

Last edited:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly she has a right to say what she believes but she also needs to be able to cop the flak from what she says.

It's like if i said i hate Christians and Muslims or i hate blacks or i hate whites or i hate asians, you can expect to cop shit from said communities, if you can't hack it then don't say it. As for removing her name from the arena i think that's going too far, that was a recognition of her achievements as an athlete not her personal opinion.

On the topic of gay marriage, i honestly just don't care what happens. But i hate it when people try to force someone to pick a side, if it ever came to a vote i'd abstain and if i was forced to vote i'd be voting against whoever forced me to vote.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how Catholics can be against homosexuals(even though their supposed 'god' created them) yet have so many sick fucking pedophile priests and countless other followers of their church that covered up what these servants of gods word did. All good, they can go into a little confession box and all is forgiven right.
Those sick pedo priests are pooftas, hence the church being against pooftaism

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ok I apologise for saying , I thought you were intelligent but arent.
But you're still on the wrong track with regards to my stand on same sex marriage.
Im coming from a place where I strongly believe , backed by anecdotal evidence , that young children are malleable and for them to witness 2 blokes or 2 females kissing at an altar it has the potential to hardwire their sexuality particularly if they're at the stage of wondering who they are .
All that other shit about platforms and how kids are ridiculed for being gay is way over the tracks on the way to timbucktoo.
I'd like to reply, but I had a really busy afternoon and have plans with utility halfette in the evening then I plan to lapse into a coma. I'll try and remember to come back to it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Those who contend that marriage is about having babies better remind old Sylvia :grinning:

Great-grandmother seeks assistance from social media for wedding dress decision
JUNE 2, 20176:46PM

THEY SAY true love stands the test of time.

And for Canberra resident Sylvia Martin and her long time friend Frank Raymond, this couldn’t ring more true.

Because for the past 20 years, 88-year-old Mr Raymond has asked Mrs Martin to marry him time and time again.

But for reasons of her own, she has always refused.

Once married, the 93-year-old felt that accepting a proposal from Mr Raymond and taking on a new surname would be disrespectful to her late husband.

Moving from Tasmania to Canberra to be closer to family after Mrs Martin fell ill — Frank thought his chances of marrying Sylvia had come to an end.

But after she recovered, Mrs Martin decided to reconnect and find Frank — who had since moved to Adelaide.

A few months ago, the great-grandmother managed to convince her old friend that a move to Canberra would be worthwhile.

When he arrived, Mr Raymond asked the question again — and after learning that she could in fact keep her deceased husband’s surname — Sylvia said yes.

Living in a retirement village together, the bride-to-be found herself on the hunt for the perfect wedding dress for her big day in July.

In a Facebook post, Mrs Martin asked for the help of strangers to help decide between four suitable frocks.

The post, which was shared by clothing retailer Birdsnest on Sunday, received more than 3800k likes and 9000 comments about which of the four dresses Mrs Martin should wear on her wedding day.

“Wear D Sylvia! It makes you look stylish, sophisticated and not a day over 80,” one person said.

“Life is short! Grab all 4! One for the ceremony, one for the reception, one for the honeymoon and one just in case!” another added.

“Definitely B Sylvia! It is so flattering to your body shape and it’s more fun than the other choices,” another contributor said.

"What Should Sylvia Wear To Her Wedding? Dress A or Dress B?Source:Facebook

"What Should Sylvia Wear To Her Wedding? Dress C or Dress D?Source:Facebook

Turns out. Dress C — the Sacha Drake Cipolla Dress valued at $349 won Sylvia’s heart, which the clothing retailer decided to gift to Sylvia for free, according to the Canberra Times.

“The response to our Facebook post has just been incredible,” Ms Carroll said.

“It’s such a beautiful and happy story.

“We’ve definitely seen a spike in ‘likes’ on our Facebook page and in terms of comments it’s easily our most engaged post ever.

“We just hope Sylvia and Frank have a wonderful day.”

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those who contend that marriage is about having babies better remind old Sylvia :grinning:

Great-grandmother seeks assistance from social media for wedding dress decision
JUNE 2, 20176:46PM
THEY SAY true love stands the test of time.

And for Canberra resident Sylvia Martin and her long time friend Frank Raymond, this couldn’t ring more true.

Because for the past 20 years, 88-year-old Mr Raymond has asked Mrs Martin to marry him time and time again.

But for reasons of her own, she has always refused.

Once married, the 93-year-old felt that accepting a proposal from Mr Raymond and taking on a new surname would be disrespectful to her late husband.

Moving from Tasmania to Canberra to be closer to family after Mrs Martin fell ill — Frank thought his chances of marrying Sylvia had come to an end.

But after she recovered, Mrs Martin decided to reconnect and find Frank — who had since moved to Adelaide.

A few months ago, the great-grandmother managed to convince her old friend that a move to Canberra would be worthwhile.

When he arrived, Mr Raymond asked the question again — and after learning that she could in fact keep her deceased husband’s surname — Sylvia said yes.

Living in a retirement village together, the bride-to-be found herself on the hunt for the perfect wedding dress for her big day in July.

In a Facebook post, Mrs Martin asked for the help of strangers to help decide between four suitable frocks.

The post, which was shared by clothing retailer Birdsnest on Sunday, received more than 3800k likes and 9000 comments about which of the four dresses Mrs Martin should wear on her wedding day.

“Wear D Sylvia! It makes you look stylish, sophisticated and not a day over 80,” one person said.

“Life is short! Grab all 4! One for the ceremony, one for the reception, one for the honeymoon and one just in case!” another added.

“Definitely B Sylvia! It is so flattering to your body shape and it’s more fun than the other choices,” another contributor said.

"What Should Sylvia Wear To Her Wedding? Dress A or Dress B?Source:Facebook

"What Should Sylvia Wear To Her Wedding? Dress C or Dress D?Source:Facebook

Turns out. Dress C — the Sacha Drake Cipolla Dress valued at $349 won Sylvia’s heart, which the clothing retailer decided to gift to Sylvia for free, according to the Canberra Times.

“The response to our Facebook post has just been incredible,” Ms Carroll said.

“It’s such a beautiful and happy story.

“We’ve definitely seen a spike in ‘likes’ on our Facebook page and in terms of comments it’s easily our most engaged post ever.

“We just hope Sylvia and Frank have a wonderful day.”
You're messing with my head CD ;)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am aware of that lol , my point is you cannot exclude environmental factors when it comes to forming sexuality.
In light of this there should be some social responsibility in advocating same sex marriage.
That's true. Homosexuality is definitely not 100% genetic. There are some environmental factors, but someone without certain genetic factors will also never become homosexual.

And as I mentioned earlier, why should we be actively trying to stop people from becoming homosexual?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Starting a family ? Ok lets just ignore the child's right to be raised by its biological parents because apparently thats unimportant and outdated and gets in the way of same sex marriage fmd
There has been a large amount of research into this exact topic and the results found that a child raised by two homosexual partners is no different to a child raised by two heterosexual partners. But we could ignore the facts if you like.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Anyone else find it funny that "accurate" is spelled wrong here?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And as I mentioned earlier, why should we be actively trying to stop people from becoming homosexual?
Its instinctive ...to encourage it is encouraging the extinction of the human race Hmmm

#case closed

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its instinctive ...to encourage it is encouraging the extinction of the human race Hmmm

#case closed
Homosexuality couldn't end the human race. If anything it could potentially save it by slowing overpopulation.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Homosexuality couldn't end the human race. If anything it could potentially save it by slowing overpopulation.
If Adam was gay you wouldn't be here today expressing your opinions!
Lefties should be grateful Adam was straight as they can be social justice warriors all because he was straight and had sex it's a human female.

#casewasreopenednowclosedagain

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam and eve

Cane and Abel

Something doesn't work after this

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Adam was gay you wouldn't be here today expressing your opinions!
Lefties should be grateful Adam was straight as they can be social justice warriors all because he was straight and had sex it's a human female.

#casewasreopenednowclosedagain
Funny but true

Status
Not open for further replies.