• Don't sack anyone

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We started the year playing differently, then went back to our old ways.

Surely a coach as good and experienced as Hasler, has us playing like we are for a reason. Just don't know what that reason is.
Could he be a betting man?

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Again with Castle..... is it not understood that she does the business side of the club? Unless we are doing poorly financially there is no reason to fire her.

Ray Dib is a board member, 1 of 6 or 7 I believe, what did the board do wrong? what did Dib do to be singled out?

And Des.... sure, sack him, payout his contract and he'll choose from one of a few options that would no doubt open up. We could then look to find a new coach less than half way into the season...... nothing says stability in a club like firing your coach mid season right? :laughing: (even better when you sack a coach who's taken you to a minor premiership, 2 GF appearances, and finals football every year.... that would be very clever).

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like how you don't give a "settle the fuck down and accept the fact that every club is competing to win" option in the poll. It makes this poll representative of only the disgruntled fans here. It's like the liberal party printing ballot papers and excluding the labour party and every party that allotted their preferences to labour.

Now i look at the fact that a club has been found cheating the salary cap while winning consecutive wooden spoons and it makes me think that if we're complying with the cap and having trouble recruiting the players some fans would like then just maybe we are doing well to be among the most competitive teams at the business end of the season every year. We won't win every game and maybe it upsets people that our style isn't flashy. The warriors always try flashy football and some years they would be frustrating to support. Other years they would be very exciting, but without consulting the record books i'll ask when they last won a premiership? We play a percentage game. The premiership that Bennett won at the Broncos was won with a similar style but probably even less flair than we play with. The major thing we lack is a strong kicking game such as we see from the milkman Soward.

The days when a team with strong finances could dominate the league for decades ended with the introduction of the salary cap. Now these well financed teams have to rely on recruiting the best coaching staff (which i think we have), building great facilities (which i think we have) and hoping that the players thewy want will join the team when teams that will cheat can throw better money their way.

I can barely stand all the dummy spitting that is taking place on the kennell right now.
Good post HOWEVER:
I think what pisses most fans off ( me anyway) isnt the losing games bit. Its the clear lack of effort/desire we turn up with far too often.

It was evident against Raiders at Belmore.

Add that to merkins who didnt give a flying **** like TRex being selected week in week out.

The team has issues. We expect them to be addressed. But nothing much has changed since 2013. We used to lack a fullback. Now we have a makeshift fullback whos doing well, but we lack a halfback and have a hooker whos struggling.

Far too Inconsistent. We havent been contenders since 2012.

Anyone pointing to making the finals aa being a contender is delusional. We havent been anywhere near the top teams since 2012.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Surely a coach as good and experienced as Hasler, has us playing like we are for a reason. Just don't know what that reason is.
really hope he slow playing a
monster have
and in poker parlance

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The canterbury experiment hasnt worked for hasler end of... time to go. We should have had a premiership by now maybe two. Look at Bennet with knights absolute disaster it was better for all parties including himself to move on. All big clubs in their respective codes move coaches on if it doesnt work for them. In soccer in most cases the most respected, intelligent, best regarded coaches get moved on if they dont win a comp within 3 years. Its that simple coaches should accept it didnt work for them move on. We are one of the biggest clubs in the game and one of the most prestigious some people are happy for us to lose one week win one week scrape through to finals win first final get knocked out next game because we are not good enough. Im certainly not happy with this. In my opinion hasler should have been sacked end of last season.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the reason why we are seeing more "Sack *insert name*" threads cos smart fans have already realised that the same shiit we have been seeing for last 4 year at best will achieve another grand final loss.

I rather miss out on finals footy every 3 years and win a grand final in the 4th year.

we have premiership winning roster for last 4 years and got 2 GF losses to show for. Before some one tells me Mbye is shit, Reynolds is shit, Liccha is shit, i tell them look at Ennis and shut up.

In actual fact Des is shit and a stubborn Steve Folkes kinda coach who will never change his methods and will take them to his grave.

Last edited:

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
the reason why we are seeing more "Sack *insert name*" threads cos smart fans have already realised that the same shiit we have been seeing for last 4 year at best will achieve another grand final loss.

I rather miss out on finals footy every 3 years and win a grand final in the 4th year.

we have premiership winning roster for last 4 years and got 2 GF losses to show for. Before some one tells me Mbye is shit, Reynolds is shit, Liccha is shit, i tell them look at Ennis and shut up.

I actual fact Des is shit and a stubborn Steve Folkes kinda coach who will never change his methods and will take them to his grave.
Thats what got folkes the sack he became very boring, predictable and stubborn. His replacement was the wrong choice. same will happen with hasler.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Surely not the old " Flying under the radar" trick, lol.

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score

In actual fact Des is shit and a stubborn Steve Folkes kinda coach who will never change his methods and will take them to his grave.
However Des also produced Cherry Evans and Foran and the Stewart's. So he can develop players. I am starting to think there are just to many fires to put out at the moment. He sorts out defence then starts working on attack and the defence becomes shit again.

Our main problem is 5th tackle options with shit kicks and no chase. Keeps putting the team under pressure every week. You try working under crazy amounts of stress and see how far you get.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raelene is easily the biggest problem she makes everything else besides winning football a priority and it has infected he rest of the club.
Everything else is her job. Thats why she was hired.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The reason is insanity, Des is a stats man and has everyone on their ipads and whatever else they have and he still puts up with T-rex having 5 runs a game.

Des knows exactly whats going on but he refuses to change, the 'maybe it might work this time' every week comes to mind.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasler is in charge of our football; team selection, position th players are selectrd in and the type of football played.

When we lose we've been in big deep shit. When we just win we've just got out of the shit. When we set up a big margin in the first half we put on a shit performance in the second.

So, as Hasler is now King Shit, he has to go.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ease up bud
I never said sack board or ball boy or anyone else
Just don't think the coach is compatible with our team/club what so ever
You can be the best coach in the world but if u can't get the best out of ur current players it's time for a new voice and new direction.
His real name is "quits"....when he was born his parents looked at each other and said "let's call it quits"...

Status
Not open for further replies.