Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
it was the wrong move to go to NZ but here are a few things to consider:

-->we do have a strong fanbase in NZ
-->iirc teams have to take one home game away from home every year according to the NRL
-->there is a large chance it's the fault of the draw not the club that we had the five day turnaround
-->we won that game (vs warriors in nz) regularly over the past few years
I'm not saying taking a game over to NZ is a bad thing just the timing of it was very poor management by her.
Why did it have to be against the Warriors too ? We gave away any advantage we had by moving it over there.
I also have problems with the whole way Raelene has handled the whole Hoppa situation and even back to last tear after Good Friday when she just buckled to media pressure.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
I'm not saying taking a game over to NZ is a bad thing just the timing of it was very poor management by her.
Why did it have to be against the Warriors too ? We gave away any advantage we had by moving it over there.
I also have problems with the whole way Raelene has handled the whole Hoppa situation and even back to last tear after Good Friday when she just buckled to media pressure.
I've said this in a different thread, pretty sure the club made the decision to move the game to NZ before finding out it would be a five day turnaround, screwed over by the draw.

Re: Castle and all the events on Bottlegate, was wise to buckle to pressure because the lynch mob were out: can't persuade an angry lynch mob, no matter how right you are.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've said this in a different thread, pretty sure the club made the decision to move the game to NZ before finding out it would be a five day turnaround, screwed over by the draw.

Re: Castle and all the events on Bottlegate, was wise to buckle to pressure because the lynch mob were out: can't persuade an angry lynch mob, no matter how right you are.
Well maybe she should have waited to after the draw came out to decide which match to take over there ?
The Bulldogs have never worried about a lynch mob in the past infact they thrived under it with Coffs Harbour. This is where Castle cares more about PR then backing the club.
I really struggle to find where she has improved the club?
We are still waiting for her "rockstar" fullback the only big player we have signed has been Bmoz and he only came here because Jmoz was here..........

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Well maybe she should have waited to after the draw came out to decide which match to take over there ?
The Bulldogs have never worried about a lynch mob in the past infact they thrived under it with Coffs Harbour. This is where Castle cares more about PR then backing the club.
I really struggle to find where she has improved the club?
We are still waiting for her "rockstar" fullback the only big player we have signed has been Bmoz and he only came here because Jmoz was here..........
Unsure if they are allowed to alter the ground once the draw comes out: not sure though so don't take my word :P
I guess since the Coffs thing was a criminal matter you sort of have to fight it if they're innocent, especially when it's sexual assault. I think that Castle has been a good acquisition for the business side of the club - a lot of her moves have been centered around the big money and we are one of the strongest clubs money wise, but that has been the case whenever we've had a CEO not named Noad.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Another dopey "sack (insert name)" thread. If we win the GF this year will all these people admit they were wrong? I doubt it.
Admit being wrong about what ?
How dangerous and consistant our team has looked over the past 4 years?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unsure if they are allowed to alter the ground once the draw comes out: not sure though so don't take my word :p
I guess since the Coffs thing was a criminal matter you sort of have to fight it if they're innocent, especially when it's sexual assault. I think that Castle has been a good acquisition for the business side of the club - a lot of her moves have been centered around the big money and we are one of the strongest clubs money wise, but that has been the case whenever we've had a CEO not named Noad.
I'm not sure if you can change it either but in saying that I don't think we announced the Titans game going to Gosford last year until half way through the season.
I think its irrelevant if its a criminal matter or not the fact Raelene did exacting what the NRL wanted is weak and shows no leadership.
On the financial side of things you would really have to be a moron to not make money with the Bulldogs with the backing of the Leagues Club and a huge supporter base.
Raelene is just lucky to be at such a strong club like the Bulldogs could you imagine her at a basket case like the Tigers or Dragons ?

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
The match against the Titans was scheduled for round 23; the draw for the games after round 20 is released a few weeks before round 20, I don't have a clue why.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm critical of the style of footy we play but no one should be sacked. Des should stay as there is no one better to replace him. The fact is our club is going through a rebuilding phase.

Lichaa - injury interruptions, still developing he needs more time in fg
Mbye - first year where he is consistently starting in the team
Hopoate - is he a long term solution or a one season fix?
Reynolds - has not improved enough in 4 years. Considering his passion for the club and as he is a local, he is the type of person who should be in the frame for captaincy but for whatever reasons has not reached his potential and he cannot control his emotions on the field(as we saw once again with the Lichaa incident), too many brain snaps etc. Matt Moylan from Penrith is a good example of what Reynolds should be aiming for: local talent who is already captaining his side because he is a controlled and classy player on the field.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Retards galore. Had a lol though, thx. As if we should sack board members and ceo and coach because some tards cant accept losses. We are in the top 6 currently but ur all talking like we were 16th. Idiots the lot of u

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retards galore. Had a lol though, thx. As if we should sack board members and ceo and coach because some tards cant accept losses. We are in the top 6 currently but ur all talking like we were 16th. Idiots the lot of u

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ease up bud
I never said sack board or ball boy or anyone else
Just don't think the coach is compatible with our team/club what so ever
You can be the best coach in the world but if u can't get the best out of ur current players it's time for a new voice and new direction.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unsure if they are allowed to alter the ground once the draw comes out: not sure though so don't take my word :p
I have seen a draw issued with a TBA for location so I guess they could have waited, but that is water under the bridge now.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Nobody needs sacking.

Fark, go take a peek at The Chookpen. If anyone should be blowing up deluxe about sackings it should be Roosters fans.

So we've lost a few games... boohoo you can't win them all. Anyone would think we are 0 from 6 with the melodramatics of this place.

Has it ever stopped us getting to the pointy end of the finals? Nope.

Every.Single.Year Des has coached us to a finals spot.

Lets just accept that some sides have actually improved and are less shit than last year, and as such the competition tighter.

Was I annoyed at the loss on the weekend? Yes.
Am I going to call for mass sackings? Nope.

As a club we are in FAR better shape than most, and up there with the top teams in the comp.

Sure there are some things I'm not happy about, and some players clearly out of form, and some pissing about signing players, but that's not something as fans we can control.

The "Your concerns have been noted" comment by Michelle was pisstaking the response Castle gave everyone with serious questions during Blog with the Boss re Hoppa not playing Sundays.
The chokes have won a GF we haven't and the way we play I don't think we can des needs to do something now before the serious end of the season

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody needs sacking.

Fark, go take a peek at The Chookpen. If anyone should be blowing up deluxe about sackings it should be Roosters fans.

So we've lost a few games... boohoo you can't win them all. Anyone would think we are 0 from 6 with the melodramatics of this place.

Has it ever stopped us getting to the pointy end of the finals? Nope.

Every.Single.Year Des has coached us to a finals spot.

Lets just accept that some sides have actually improved and are less shit than last year, and as such the competition tighter.

Was I annoyed at the loss on the weekend? Yes.
Am I going to call for mass sackings? Nope.

As a club we are in FAR better shape than most, and up there with the top teams in the comp.

Sure there are some things I'm not happy about, and some players clearly out of form, and some pissing about signing players, but that's not something as fans we can control.

The "Your concerns have been noted" comment by Michelle was pisstaking the response Castle gave everyone with serious questions during Blog with the Boss re Hoppa not playing Sundays.
Sides have improved, you are correct there.

Have we improved since 2012 or have we declined? I'm of the opinion that we have declined.

Better shape? How are we in better shape signing a player who does not want to play on Sundays? Signing a world class winger to slot in at FB at 29 years of age, knowing his injury background and the demands for a young modern day FB? Game plan? Did I mention game plan.

Roosters shouldn't have anything to complain about since they one a comp a few years back and ever so "importantly" won 3 minor premierships in a row.

Roosters have lost RTS, Jennings and Maloney. They have been without JWH, Moa, Cordner & Pearce.

Take out Bmoz, Jmoz, Reynolds, Graham, Kasiano, Jackson & Mbye and see how far we would go

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think people could understand if their was light at the end of the tunnel and improvement but there's not.
Ask yourself are getting closer to a premiership or further away............I don't think too many will say we are getting closer.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Enough "sack" threads on this forum to open up a sperm bank

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We started the year playing differently, then went back to our old ways.

Surely a coach as good and experienced as Hasler, has us playing like we are for a reason. Just don't know what that reason is.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We started the year playing differently, then went back to our old ways.

Surely a coach as good and experienced as Hasler, has us playing like we are for a reason. Just don't know what that reason is.
Really? What about our lower grades? Who is responsible for them? Who is responsible for getting rid of mulholland for his mate crusher.
5years in the job, who are our junior recruits? What is our future? Have our lower grades even won a game this year?
If we don't win a Comp in the next couple of year we are going to be fu3ked.
Not just we playing a shit brand of footy, we have massive issues all the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.