Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya hasn't shown anything this year unfortunately. Should go back to NSW cup and work on some things. Doesn't mean his FG career is over but current form doesn't deserve a spot.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I remember last season when people were praising him and saying he should move to fullback lol. He hasn't kick on from last year and while some things are his fault others aren't. You do have to question why he has regressed rather than just writing him off as absolute shit lol.
I think he has gone backwards a fair bit, his enthusiasm in his debut season got him through imo...
Also last season with Brenko making constant defensive errors, teams didn't really need to go around Montoya as the space was always created on the inside by a Brenko error... So now that those structures are somewhat different Montoya is being placed under more pressure and he cannot handle it...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gone backwards this year needs a spell in isp and to work on his d

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch again and see who Hoppa takes. It certainly wasn’t his centre.
He was on the player in front of him. Doesn't matter what number he has on his shirt and the ball went over the top of him anyway

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate have you been watching all the dogs games this year he cannot read the game in
In defence they have scored 90 percent of points attacking the right side he always comes in
Spot on,as a season ticket holder I’ve seen all their games,either live or on tele,at last count we had something like 12 tries on Montoya’s side of the field,the other night the broncos peppered him all night&succeed

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reimis Smith needs to come in for Montoya. He is the fastest at the club over the 100m and his pace off the mark is coming back since his bad injury. Has been in good form in ISP, makes a lot metres coming out of our end and has quick play the balls. Big, tall, athletic and fast which is exactly what we need at the moment. His defence is getting better but let’s face it you can’t get any worse than what’s been happening. Worth a try I think.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reimis Smith needs to come in for Montoya. He is the fastest at the club over the 100m and his pace off the mark is coming back since his bad injury. Has been in good form in ISP, makes a lot metres coming out of our end and has quick play the balls. Big, tall, athletic and fast which is exactly what we need at the moment. His defence is getting better but let’s face it you can’t get any worse than what’s been happening. Worth a try I think.
I'd prefer we opted for Tom Carr actually.

Fastest at the club would be Logen Dillon (SG Ball), then probably Josh Bergamin, Mason Cerruto, or Tom Carr. Smith has a really long stride, but takes ages to hit top speed (like Montoya).

Has hands like dicks at times too.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya is woefully out of form right now. He is getting exposed in defence badly. He also doesn't make any metres when he takes hit ups which has become a big part of the game. I'd prefer Smith over Holland or Olive but let's see who Pay drops this week if anybody at all.

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
How about you just move Montoya to his natural left side where he played his whole life first and see how he goes next to a different centre... His not going ANYWHERE!
I do agree,
I know that requires splitting up the Morris twins
But it’s for the best

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd prefer we opted for Tom Carr actually.

Fastest at the club would be Logen Dillon (SG Ball), then probably Josh Bergamin, Mason Cerruto, or Tom Carr. Smith has a really long stride, but takes ages to hit top speed (like Montoya).

Has hands like dicks at times too.
Yeah I like Carr too, he is a real goer. I also rate Bergamin, good finisher. I just think Smith with his extra size would give us a good start to our sets. He scored a nice try this weekend.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2018/05/06/brown-seals-bulldogs-thrilling-victory/

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching storm vs dragons and both sides wingers stay on their man even if they are short on the inside as it gives scramble defence time to come across something either montoya doesnt know how to do or isnt being coached to do as he always comes in and leaves us short

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Watching storm vs dragons and both sides wingers stay on their man even if they are short on the inside as it gives scramble defence time to come across something either montoya doesnt know how to do or isnt being coached to do as he always comes in and leaves us short
You will find that all the top teams with good wingers do the same. I noticed Oates doing the same thing against us.

Malla

Reaction score
Whenever teams cross field kick the bloke is in all sorts. Ever since Souths exposed him earlier this season, teams have been persistent with that play on his side. He's a strong runner of the ball, but in terms of the key pre requisites to being a good winger - ie. catching bombs, defending - he's horrible.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
What did I say about this guy why is he still in first grade it’s a joke every week pull him off the field before it’s 50

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching this game has let in 2 try’s so far like every week so far this year jamming inevery fucking time I’m over this fucking spastic hook him to Reggie’s put holland on for fuck sakes

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
How many try’s down his wing does it take to drop him to reserve grade he can’t read the game in defence is way to slow and has he ever made a brake we cannot carry him any longer dean pay do something N O W !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.