Marcelo Montoya needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm really unsure wether the defensive issues on that right edge are Montoya or Hopoate. Either way something needs to change. If there's no defensive issues out there, the Broncos don't score 20 points to get in the position to win in the first place.

A

Alexander the Great

Can not read the game, is shit in defence always comes in and leaves the opposition winger open he should be dropped.
Agree.. sad to say but holland is a better idea

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty this **** frustrates the hell out of me. But tell me the last time we had solid right hand side defence? 2014 with Thompson and Laf? I think it’s more to do with our structures. IMO Jmoz needs to swap sides. Or even swap Montoya and Bmoz.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this before. When montoya plays the dogs are a 85pc chance of losing. Just look at his record. Since he has debuted last year we have lost pretty much every game

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why not split the Morris twins up? If j Morris is that much of a good defender why not play him in side Marcelo?

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Montoya straight out too slow to be a winger and same goes for hoppa as a centre, that break he made, all his support play were almost in front of him tryin hard to stay behind him, thats pretty sad for a back.
Suprisingly his kick made sense after all, still a very bad option when he had 3 players to choose from to pass to.

Our right edge may need some tweaking evetually.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He wasn’t as bad tonight as some you make him out to be

Him and Hoppa made some tough carries the latter all but won us the game with the clean line break try assist

Foran had a game to forget tonight

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about every week he lets a try in cause of his coming in I’ve been watching him do it for weeks now and it’s pisses me off

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
BS Hoppa can't just run up and try and cut it off everytime, it leaves his outside man fuked. Hoppa sucks in defence and can't read shit. We had enough numbers until Hoppa fuked it.
It was 4 on 3,watch the highlights (they are up on wide world of sports),before you start laying premature blame.
Ball came straight out of the scum,Boyd came in as extra man on Foran,Hoppa took 2nd row,Montoya took their center,wing was unmarked with miles of room on the outside.
It's always a problem if you lose a scrum smack center on your 10m line.You can only defend 3 on each side with fullback at the scrum base.The offensive team will ALWAYS have an extra man (the fullback) and sometimes 2 if the half runs from the blind side of the scrum.
It's an indefensible move unless you rush the 1st receiver.Foran stayed back,he should have rushed Boyd and put him on the ground.All Hoppa did was try to stop Boyd throwing a cut out pass to an unmarked wing.
What they should have done is break early and give a differential penalty,then set the defense.It's textbook stuff.It was a poor captain's decision but JJ will learn from that, I'm sure.
Really bro,you think it's fair shooting from the hip and blaming a player for nothing,that's probably giving us more value then most players on twice his contract?

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interested to know who you all think should replace him...
17 tries let in on that egde. 4 more then any other team in the comp. Pay has shown he is willing to make changes. I wouldnt drop Hoppa or Montoya. Solution is pretty simple spilt the Morris twins up. Either swap hoppa with Josh or swap Brett with Montoya im not fussed either way. I dont give a shit if the Morris twins want to play on the same side of the field its not there call.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
17 tries let in on that egde. 4 more then any other team in the comp. Pay has shown he is willing to make changes. I wouldnt drop Hoppa or Montoya. Solution is pretty simple spilt the Morris twins up. Either swap hoppa with Josh or swap Brett with Montoya im not fussed either way. I dont give a shit if the Morris twins want to play on the same side of the field its not there call.
I was thinking something similar. There aint much in reserve grade. Montoya is a left side winger but would also like to get Foran off that right edge. His defense is not quite there yet

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It was 4 on 3,watch the highlights (they are up on wide world of sports),before you start laying premature blame.
Ball came straight out of the scum,Boyd came in as extra man on Foran,Hoppa took 2nd row,Montoya took their center,wing was unmarked with miles of room on the outside.
It's always a problem if you lose a scrum smack center on your 10m line.You can only defend 3 on each side with fullback at the scrum base.The offensive team will ALWAYS have an extra man (the fullback) and sometimes 2 if the half runs from the blind side of the scrum.
It's an indefensible move unless you rush the 1st receiver.Foran stayed back,he should have rushed Boyd and put him on the ground.All Hoppa did was try to stop Boyd throwing a cut out pass to an unmarked wing.
What they should have done is break early and give a differential penalty,then set the defense.It's textbook stuff.It was a poor captain's decision but JJ,but he will learn from that I'm sure.
Really bro,you think it's fair shooting from the hip and blaming a player for nothing,that's probably giving us more value then most players on twice his contract?
Due to that side being useless in defence over some time now it forces you to watch how it unfolds on that side. Hoppa consistently sprints up out of the line which then forces Montoya to do similar. They are both disgusting at that part of the game and not improving. The winger is suppose to count from his man in and the centre likewise. Hoppa shouldn't need improving in that area as he is a senior player and tying up that edge. At best Hoppa should be on the wing leaving him less decisions to make and not centre but then again he doesn't have the speed for a winger so. I don't know that Montoya offers us much at all but with a lack of FG players what can we do. Hoppa is far from blameless for our right side defence bro.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking something similar. There aint much in reserve grade. Montoya is a left side winger but would also like to get Foran off that right edge. His defense is not quite there yet
Id like to see Foran moved also. Swap Foran and Frawley. Put Foran next to Jmoz on the left egde. Thats where Foran has played most of his career anyway. It will improve our attack also as it will allow Foran to link up with RFM more often.

Left edge Montoya Jmoz Foran RFM.
Right edge Bmoz Hoppa Frawley Martin.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His runs getting us out of trouble (well trying to) have been more disappointing then his shit reads in defence tbh... He and Mbye really let the team down in that area last night.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Do you think if you went (below) would save our edges or at least improve them

2. Montoya
3. J Moz
4. Hoppa
5. B moz

If you move J Moz to Montoya's side Montoya won't come in as J Moz is a great defender and move B Moz to Hoppa's side would work cause B Moz can read play better and shut down Hoppa's defensive laps

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he's shit house. I can live with the defensive end it's his lack of Metre eating out of yardage. Plus he looks slow as fuck. Remember last year when he got out stripped by Fat Sam thaiday lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That attempt to take the cross kick at the end there was fucken laughable.
My 5yo would get closer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.