News Manly sign Kieran Foran on a one year deal + one year option to club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was also very surprised we paid Foran so highly to begin with.
Correct me if I am wrong, but after the Parra debacle and sitting out of the game, then a lean season for the warriors, Foran wasn't in very high demand. At least not marquee demand.
He also made a lot of noise about needing to be near his kids (aka Sydney team).
I can't think of any reason we couldn't have banned him for a respectable 600k contract. At the time, most clubs in Sydney had stable halves.

Am I wrong?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I need to rely on my memory, because back in 2017 I didn't have the same insider connections, just a few friends around the leagues club and my Taree guy that knows all and that's it,
Unlike the fountain of information you guys know me as today.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We gave him 3mill to rehab. Fucking oath he owes us.
If you are Foran,
Who are you more loyal too?
The guy that you are close with that lobbies that deal to happen and wanted it?
Or the company that supplied the funds?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If you are Foran,
Who are you more loyal too?
The guy that you are close with that lobbies that deal to happen and wanted it?
Or the company that supplied the funds?
If you have any self pride you would be embarrassed to take 3million for what you have given in return. He should feel indebted for to us. Anyway hope he snaps his legs.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
We offered him a 1 year deal and he flapped about saying he wanted 2-3 at least.

Next minute he signs with Manly probably on fuck all coin.

If that doesn't show you his true loyalties, nothing else will.
I have some inside information on this one.

Manly isn't paying the full contract amount ;)

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck him . Prick made millions of us . Fuckwit owed us some loyalty.. I hope he blows both knees warming up for game 1 next year..
Forman’s contract with us wasn’t his fault. Anybody in his position would Have signed it too. We should have offered him a similar deal to what Manly has now considering his injury history. He may not have signed but what other options did he have?

Malla

Reaction score
Forman’s contract with us wasn’t his fault. Anybody in his position would Have signed it too. We should have offered him a similar deal to what Manly has now considering his injury history. He may not have signed but what other options did he have?
Nobody is disputing that.

His actions in signing a new deal however says a lot about his character. Remember he fucked over Parra the same way. Then went to Warriors for that one year who gave him a chance when nobody would, then he up and left to sign for the $$$$. Not disputing that, his choice, but it says a lot about the type of bloke he is.

He can get fucked.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We offered him a 1 year deal and he flapped about saying he wanted 2-3 at least.

Next minute he signs with Manly probably on fuck all coin.

If that doesn't show you his true loyalties, nothing else will.
Bit harsh. The Dogs were only ever going to give him one year where as Manly were more inclined to look at it again next year maybe giving him 2022.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit harsh. The Dogs were only ever going to give him one year where as Manly were more inclined to look at it again next year maybe giving him 2022.
I still don't get that argument though. Manly have given him a 1 year contract with the possibility of a second year, but in the club's favour.

How is that any different to a standard 1 year contract? It still provide absolutely no additional security at all for Foran.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I still don't get that argument though. Manly have given him a 1 year contract with the possibility of a second year, but in the club's favour.

How is that any different to a standard 1 year contract? It still provide absolutely no additional security at all for Foran.
It's actually less Good for Foran.
If he fails next year his value goes up but he's contract bound to stay at shitty value.
If he fails he's dumped either way

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's actually less Good for Foran.
If he fails next year his value goes up but he's contract bound to stay at shitty value.
If he fails he's dumped either way
Exactly.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We offered him 1 year he wanted more..**** owed to stay 1 year and prove his worth again . His manager for him 1 million cause des offered it correct. Foz didn't earn it..my point if he had pride he would stay and help the club out.