News Manly sign Kieran Foran on a one year deal + one year option to club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We offered him a 1 year deal and he flapped about saying he wanted 2-3 at least.

Next minute he signs with Manly probably on fuck all coin.

If that doesn't show you his true loyalties, nothing else will.
I don’t believe we offered him the second year option in our favour. I think it was just 1 year flat. As others have speculated looks like Baz is getting ready to sign someone for 2022.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think he and his manager over estimated the demand. He might of got a proper 2 or 3 year contract if he didn't get that last injury. Either way I am not unhappy for him to be going. We need to move forward.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe we offered him the second year option in our favour. I think it was just 1 year flat. As others have speculated looks like Baz is getting ready to sign someone for 2021.
I really don't see how a 1 year contract vs a 1 year contract with a second year in the club's favour is any better for Foran.

What happens if he actually kills it next year and is then locked into a second year where he could've gotten a lot more elsewhere?

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a spine Manly will have next year with Turbo and Foran in and out of hospital and rehab and Fainu in and out of court and possibly going to jail. Classic Des the dreamer.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I really don't see how a 1 year contract vs a 1 year contract with a second year in the club's favour is any better for Foran.

What happens if he actually kills it next year and is then locked into a second year where he could've gotten a lot more elsewhere?
You think with his injury record he could command a lot more even after a good season? I doubt it. He’s busted and he’s in denial. His manager did all he can to get a 2 year deal. Given the lack of interest this is the best they can come up with. Don’t forget our deal was before his latest injury.. He is even less of an attractive prospect now.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It’s not any better that’s the entire point, he would of been offered even less money then we did, after we pulled out and signed Green we forced his hand he had nowhere else to go and Manly could of tabled minimum and he would of had to take it.

Not a single other club wants him and they signed him as hooker so they don’t loose and upset their gun 5/8.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t believe we offered him the second year option in our favour. I think it was just 1 year flat. As others have speculated looks like Baz is getting ready to sign someone for 2022.
An option in the club’s favour leaves the power completely in the hands of the club, though. I think if all he wanted was a one year contract with an option and
We had really wanted him to stay, we’d have offered it to him. Either he didn’t really want to stay and the media talk was spin, or we didn’t really want him, imo.

Anyway, I hope he has fun playing third fiddle to DCE aand
Jake Turbo.... lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
An option in the club’s favour leaves the power completely in the hands of the club, though. I think if all he wanted was a one year contract with an option and
We had really wanted him to stay, we’d have offered it to him. Either he didn’t really want to stay and the media talk was spin, or we didn’t really want him, imo.

Anyway, I hope he has fun playing third fiddle to DCE aand
Jake Turbo.... lol
I think the latter mate... I think Baz was keen on one year no options similar to what he offered Green.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We offered him $300,000, with another $100,000 in possible incentives as a take it or leave it deal, so it's fair to say we weren't fighting too hard to accommodate him. I was happy with that offer and stance

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think the latter mate... I think Baz was keen on one year no options similar to what he offered Green.
You may be right. Just doesn’t m
Ale sense to me that the option would be a sticking point, given the club would be under no obligation. Maybe Barrett is just very honest and told him he wasn’t in plans beyond 2021.... but I think he’d have been useful to have around for an extra 12 months.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guys truth is despite what he publicly said, foran never wanted to stay here.... The whole 3 year contract was just a way for him making it impossible for him to stay..... Honestly 3 years! Was Never going to happen with any club..... He's back where he wants to be and was always going to be with, des..... With a big thanks for coming bulldogs........