News Manly Sea Eagles' hamstring curse strikes again (Lachlan Croker)

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MANLY's hamstring curse has struck for the second time this week, with talented utility Lachlan Croker breaking down at training.

The injury comes as a major blow for the Sea Eagles, with Des Hasler planning to start the new season with Croker at hooker, with Manase Fainu still unavaialable due to a long-running court case.

Lachlan Croker broke down at training. (AAP)

Croker, who didn't miss a game last season, is expected to be out for at least the opening two to three rounds of the premiership.

His injury comes just days after the game's most famous hamstring, that of star fullback Tom Trbojevic, broke down 'in the shower'.

Hasler is now likely to start the season with Cade Cust, who like Croker is a natural halfback, in the hooking role.

Cust has been named in the number nine jumper for this weekend's trial against the Wests Tigers.

If he plays well in the role, he will begin the season in the key hooking spot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know if it's Brookvale's shitty surface (I know they don't always train there) or poor strength and conditioning but even dating back to the Stewart/Matai era they've had way more recurring soft tissue injuries than any other club.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know if it's Brookvale's shitty surface (I know they don't always train there) or poor strength and conditioning but even dating back to the Stewart/Matai era they've had way more recurring soft tissue injuries than any other club.
You've got to think it's a bit of both, although the poor surface is probably more prone to giving ankle and knee injuries more so than hammy's.

It does make this article from a couple of weeks ago all the more hilarious:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cade Cust was their next choice hooker after Croker but he might have broken his thumb today and could be out for 4-6 weeks. So Foran could pretty much be their only option for Round One. I can't see him lasting too long at hooker before getting injured.

I reckon Des will turn into Des Denuto to try and get Fainu off this stabbing charge early..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly must be thrilled with him match racing along the corso

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not according to some
To who? The mole? Tbojevic reported off-the-air, and on air that the race doesn’t have anything to do with his hamstring injury. The guy he raced, and his friends said the same. Manly said the same.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s hardly likely to say he aggravated during the race given his medical history and the fact he is on 1.2mil . Do you really think he did his hammy in the bathroom lol
Exactly, like you'd dob yourself in. Lets see, been drinking, then takes up a sprint race without any stretching prior with his history of leg injuries....a more likely scenario. Only thing being pulled in the bathroom is himself.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly, like you'd dob yourself in. Lets see, been drinking, then takes up a sprint race without any stretching prior with his history of leg injuries....a more likely scenario. Only thing being pulled in the bathroom is himself.
Until the media made it apparent to manly that they had footage, manly maintained it was a “ bathroom “ incident

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
From the footage it didn't look like he did it then and there though. Would've pulled up like he had been shot if that was the case. Tommy's a good guy, hopefully he has a quick recovery and has an injury-free career from here on.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From the footage it didn't look like he did it then and there though. Would've pulled up like he had been shot if that was the case. Tommy's a good guy, hopefully he has a quick recovery and has an injury-free career from here on.
He should be ok if it’s just a grade 1 bathroom tear !