News Management could bite Bulldogs

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy big on spine players and surround the rest with quality minimum wage players and juniors.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Most players are being paid what they are worth.
That means if they improve, or prove worth keeping, then they get a pay rise.
It appears that there wont be many that will be punted. The clean out is pretty much complete.
So that will place awesome pressure on the salary cap in the future.
I think the current spending spree should stop, and they should try and get the younger players to step up.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy big on spine players and surround the rest with quality minimum wage players and juniors.
That's the best model IMO. We'll need to make sure our current crop of well paid wingers and backrowers don't block us when those quality spine players become available.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you are down the bottom of the ladder with the rule of having to spend 95% of the cap its inevitable you end up with average players getting paid too much. We still have some of those that will be moved on, which is why we can afford better players that we can now attract.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I guess we are doing it in reverse atm bc those game changer players are available, and spine players aren't, and so we can rebuild our reputation and a winning culture until some elite spine players become available.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When you are down the bottom of the ladder with the rule of having to spend 95% of the cap its inevitable you end up with average players getting paid too much. We still have some of those that will be moved on, which is why we can afford better players that we can now attract.
Look at the talent we signed as wooden spooners, imagine the players we will sign when we are performing next year....

Should be fkn scary to the other clubs.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gee I'd hate for our roster management to go wrong from here and we get the spoon or something

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess we are doing it in reverse atm bc those game changer players are available, and spine players aren't, and so we can rebuild our reputation and a winning culture until some elite spine players become available.
I wouldn't be surprised if our whole spine grew into their roles and became strike players themselves with the quality of players around them, we by rights should have food go forward with plenty of strike options.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if our whole spine grew into their roles and became strike players themselves with the quality of players around them, we by rights should have food go forward with plenty of strike options.
Yes it looks so promising for us from now on...lots of hope for the future....lookin' great and so thrilled we will score lots of exciting tries and hard defence :grinning: