News Management could bite Bulldogs

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disagree more teams added no games last two years and we more likely to get some fast kids that can handle the 1 and 7 than seasoned forwards with dog DNA or style guide Gus has the right strategy. He’s not beyond reproach.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think averillo might surprise a few next year, also Dufty creates a lot which will take pressure off

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I see Avo being a good 14 for the next couple of years and hopefully he improves enough to take a perm spot in the team somewhere.
That's exactly where I'd play him.

1. Daffy

6. Burton
7. BBO

9. Mahoney

14. Avo

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The usual media bullshit narrative and dribble .... our cap is spent, bad recruitment, players on inflated contracts and we have a bank ended deal crisis.

All garbage and what would Sloth know about our player contracts. Oh and why don't we wave the magic wand and instead sign Trbojevic, Burton, Cleary and Grant for our spine because it's that easy.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I'd love to know how this worm is still employed as a journalist, the bigger question is how did he escape from the Tequila bottle?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF does Slothfield expect us to do? We received the wooden spoon, meaning the only way us UP. How on Earth can this come back to bite us? What could possibly be worse from rock bottom?

FFS someone go and poo on his keyboard already!
Where's the infamous poo joggers when you need them? ..... Actually Nate Myles can be our Trojan Horse.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don’t normally agree with sloshedfield but he raises a fair point. Shouldn’t be pissing this much cash away on forwards to rich long term deals until the spine has been addressed.

gus is a very good rugby league mind but he is not the messiah. He should not be immune to criticism as he appears to be here
Hi Buzz

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty if you spend more on average players than they're worth they can't be offloaded easily. Spend big on stars and they can be regardless of if they're forwards or backs. So I'd rather have the likes of Kikau Thompson etc on inflated wages and be an attractive proposition for emerging players, than to be overspending on players that can just do the job ok because we're not seen as a club that can compete.

I dare say that player managers with promising young halves/hookers are more likely to persuade them to join us if we have a monster pack. The sooner these youngsters can shine the sooner they can demand good money.