Maloney boot tactics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Very funny but yeah unsportsman like. He is a grub though so doesn't surprise me.

N

Natboy

It has been treated as a joke because it is a roosters player but it would be a big deal if a dogs player did it
I personally think it should be a sin bin offence

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Im ok with it, just means you have to tie your shoes up tighter.

TheBarba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its old school grub tactics. Love it!!! Maybe thats what other teams forward packs do to M Pearce when he goes missing in games too, so thats were Maloney got the idea from?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Tape your boots, would never have happened to Pricey with that medicine tape hahaha miss Pricey, where was I, oh yeah very funny tape your shoes!!

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been treated as a joke because it is a roosters player but it would be a big deal if a dogs player did it
You guys must have missed it when one of our own had thrown a boot into the crowd on Saturday night ?????

Okay ..... I will name and shame him .... I saw Josh Reynolds ... rip off a boot and then proceeded to throw
it into the stands...... well... it was after the game...was his own boot and it was thrown into the kennel =P =P

Was having flash backs of Anthony Gobert at Phillip Island ..... when Joshy started to take his socks off... lucky
he stopped there, can't trust those penriff poof supporters and officials, especially Gus...

ps: for the uneducated out there ... Anthony the Go show Gobert ... most talented bike rider ever born,
too bad, he was just an idiot off the track .... won at Phillip Island on a Kawasaki ... would be like
winning a Bathurst V8 race with a Nissan Micra.... =P

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This actually happens quite a lot.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so why wouldn't you take both of maloneys shoes off in a tackle and throw them away in different directions.

This is a good tactic especially when he is going to kick on the last

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never noticed this at all.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He should get two fines for this, it is a really grubby tactic that can possibly lead to a player injuring his foot with out the correct foot wear or a team being down a player for some time looking for his boot or even worse bystanders being injured.

He should still get fined even though its banned now and they took no action against him.

N

Natboy

You get fined and lose competition points if you have an extra player on the field for 5 seconds but nothing happens if you intentionally take a player out of action for a minute or however long it takes to get the shoe back from the crowd and put it on. My rant is over, I'm going to get some lunch

sawtell girl9

Waterboy
Reaction score
It is technically stealing and punishable under the law. Everybody he has done it to should press charges this week and get him in shit for it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is technically stealing and punishable under the law. Everybody he has done it to should press charges this week and get him in shit for it.
Sarcasm?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Simple way to resolve this.. when we play the Roosters toss Maloney into the crowd after a tackle and see if he likes it.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If I was the Ref I would time off and ask Maloney to go get the boot and put it back where he got it from and then penalise him for it or a letter from the NRL warning him.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure how he thought he would get away with it. Its funny but its a pretty dodgy tactic to try to take a player out of the game without injuring him.

Status
Not open for further replies.