1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Major Sponsor

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by JAYDOG, May 9, 2020.

1. Dogs79

Dogs79 Kennel Participant

No doubt businesses have been suffering, so throwing a million dollars + at some NRL club isn’t something that many are capable of or comfortable doing. We need to be the club offering something different. I’d consider all options like home and away sponsors or alternate wks sponsorship. We have 20 games minimum, sign 2 groups to 10 game sponsorships and alternate each wk. maybe offer 1 of the sponsors the exclusive rights to the jerseys that sell to the fans and they pay a little premium for that bonus. Sell the rights to finals appearances, if we make the finals offer the sponsors the right to bid on who will be displayed on the jersey that game.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DinkumDog

DinkumDog Kennel Enthusiast Gilded x2 Gilded

Er - thanks - I think? :-)

3. Papa Emeritus

Papa Emeritus Who wants their taint tickled? Staff Member Gilded

I would be stoked if we get Samsung.

I went to Rashays on Friday because I wanted to get a beer with a mate and pubs are not open, the garlic pizza was delicious but the chicken schnitzel burger was below average. Best beer they had was 150 lashes which only just scrapes in as drinkable. In summation, Rashays sucks, but hey I had a beer that was not at home, yay?

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Best Post x 1
  4. DinkumDog

DinkumDog Kennel Enthusiast Gilded x2 Gilded

Samsung would be huge, but they dabbled with the NRL when they used to sponsor the Chooks a decade or so ago.
    They walked when Nate Myles shat in a hotel corridor and when the Chooks were average on field - so performance and behaviour are key - we were obviously struggling with the former in recent seasons but managed to convince Rashays to drop $2m anyway until the latter ruined that too.
    So hopefully with an improved 2021 squad/on-field performance and no more player indiscretions the situation will quickly improve.
    I agree with you on Rashay's - tried it once and wouldn't rush back - but anyone who was willing to drop $2m into the Dogs shouldn't be scoffed at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Kennel Regular

Hyundai just gave the FFA the arse, but probably more for economic reasons than anything else.

Would love to see them back, but the fact that they own Kia makes that highly unlikely.

6. Bob dog

Bob dog Hectik defence Premium Member

Don't think any company has spare money for new sponsorship, we are going to be lucky to get much out of the Leagues club.
    Don't mind the battler image.

7. Dognacious

Dognacious Administrator Staff Member Gilded Premium Member

I think potential sponsors might hold off until a round or 2 is played again. See what the ratings look like. They will probably get more international viewers than usual being one of the first sports back running. Big markets like usa and England look far off with their sports recommencing, with their much worse covid situations. Even beating afl back to the park. Will be interesting

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

The RSPCA would be ideal for us .. we fit their criteria.. The Bulldogs - abused by NRL, neutered by club management, left homeless due to COVID..

• Funny Funny x 1