Major changes needed for week 2

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What a retarded opinion. He didn't put this roster together. Bellamy and Bennett wouldn't finish in the top 10 with this roster.
Bellamy and Bennett wouldn’t ever play Montoya and a lot of other shit *****. They would buy old stop gap players to keep us from getting flogged until we have cap space to make our move.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I did not see one thing in that game that has me looking forward to next week. So deflating.
1 thing. They can obviously be very disapoointed they took the trip to NZ as a holiday and turn up next wk and put 40 on the opposition.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa offered NOTHING today ... may as well fuck him off and play without a hooker.

Our go ahead all starts from dummy half.
For someone that defends Lichaa I was very disappointed in him today... I know the whole team was flat but fcuk me even JMK showed more.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need another 2009, sign 8 or 9 quality players for 2020/21. Shouldn't have signed anyone this year and just played young kids, accepting this year as a write off. Now were stuck with some of these duds we've signed for 2/3 years
I reckon the signings were ok... Napa and CHN were probably the best for the dogs. The rest were just flat as.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland (right edge)
4. Hopoate
5. Crichton
6. Lewis (honestly just needs to become a running 5/8, lacks control at this point
7. Cogger (can call the shot better than anyone we have, might not be as physically capable, but we need direction)
8. Napa
9. Foran (because why the fuck not, make actually make him get involved and what do we have to lose honestly)
10. Tolman (sadly we dont have better)
11. CHN
12. Martin (just bring him back, at least he's a bigger body)
13. Jackson (i know our edge defence needs help, but that doesn't mean shit if we aren't winning the middle, we need his hard runs in the middle third)

14. Elliot / Smith
15. Ogden
16. Mariner / Smith
17. Sue

* we have to have a 4x forward bench, pack is to weak to waste a spot for a utility

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty, after what happened in new Zealand yesterday no team would have beat them!!!
No single player was terrible. Most of ours were pretty ordinary, but none so bad we should change the whole team and sack the coach.
Fuck me dead, I'm so pissed off right now, but people suggesting wholesale changes and sacking the coach are kidding themselves. We were totally outplayed. Period. We will bounce back.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Pay is any type of coach I think he needs to keep the same team. Changing it dramatically shows the players he doesn't have belief in them, and that at the drop of a hat he'll bin them.

I know what people will say in that he's gotta show some balls and change things up, which I agree to a point. But it's the first game, against a team with a whirlwind of emotional support behind them after that massacre.

I would go with the same team again. At most a player changed. If he changes it dramatically now, what happens if we get drubbed again next game? Change it dramatically again?

Get we're all upset by the result but it's game one. Give the team some time.

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Move Holland back to the right to give us that Smith-Holland combo that worked so well last year. Bring in CHN into centre for his defense. Hopoate and Meaney to switch in the game to give Meaney experience before he takes over permanently. JJ moves to lock with RFM moving back to the left and Martin coming into the team.

01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Corey Harawira-Naera
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jack Cogger
15. Adam Elliott
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Ofahiki Ogden
Forget it based on what we saw today nothing can save the Bulldogs sorry
Can't kick can't run can't defend got no ticker but good at shaking the winning teams hands with a broad smile and no emohion about how they played same old same old ....long season ahead

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland (right edge)
4. Hopoate
5. Crichton
6. Lewis (honestly just needs to become a running 5/8, lacks control at this point
7. Cogger (can call the shot better than anyone we have, might not be as physically capable, but we need direction)
8. Napa
9. Foran (because why the fuck not, make actually make him get involved and what do we have to lose honestly)
10. Tolman (sadly we dont have better)
11. CHN
12. Martin (just bring him back, at least he's a bigger body)
13. Jackson (i know our edge defence needs help, but that doesn't mean shit if we aren't winning the middle, we need his hard runs in the middle third)

14. Elliot / Smith
15. Ogden
16. Mariner / Smith
17. Sue

* we have to have a 4x forward bench, pack is to weak to waste a spot for a utility
Sorry mate, totally disagree with all your changes. Martin was average in reserves, lichaa not bad, nor Foran. Foran dummy half doing 40+ tackles?? Seriously??
How does a reserve grader replace a starter, and how does RFM get demoted for doing nothing wrong?
The whole team was on the back foot and we're totally outplayed.
Lewis controlled the game as well as he could. We were just dominated.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran is a disaster.

Worst signing this club has ever made.

Came out firing in the first 15min, than blew his gasket.

His body was finished 2 seasons ago. To all the Foran lovers, if you cannot see that his body was finished a long time ago, the best psychiatrists in the country cannot help you
Was foran playing today... Fark could of fooled me...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Pay is any type of coach I think he needs to keep the same team. Changing it dramatically shows the players he doesn't have belief in them, and that at the drop of a hat he'll bin them.

I know what people will say in that he's gotta show some balls and change things up, which I agree to a point. But it's the first game, against a team with a whirlwind of emotional support behind them after that massacre.

I would go with the same team again. At most a player changed. If he changes it dramatically now, what happens if we get drubbed again next game? Change it dramatically again?

Get we're all upset by the result but it's game one. Give the team some time.
Totally agree. Great post!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sorry mate, totally disagree with all your changes. Martin was average in reserves, lichaa not bad, nor Foran. Foran dummy half doing 40+ tackles?? Seriously??
How does a reserve grader replace a starter, and how does RFM get demoted for doing nothing wrong?
well i was disapointed with elliot and mariner so much that may aswell bring martin back... as for foran its a case of fuck lichaa and jmk... our team is shit doesnt really matter who we pick and where

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran is a disaster.

Worst signing this club has ever made.

Came out firing in the first 15min, than blew his gasket.

His body was finished 2 seasons ago. To all the Foran lovers, if you cannot see that his body was finished a long time ago, the best psychiatrists in the country cannot help you
Really is a shame. He was a such a tank a few seasons ago. But like you say, once the body says na not anymore bud, that’s it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty, after what happened in new Zealand yesterday no team would have beat them!!!
No single player was terrible. Most of ours were pretty ordinary, but none so bad we should change the whole team and sack the coach.
Fuck me dead, I'm so pissed off right now, but people suggesting wholesale changes and sacking the coach are kidding themselves. We were totally outplayed. Period. We will bounce back.

Your right, well atleast wait t'ill after rnd 2.

In saying that though we got rolled like pancakes through the middle which bent our line giving our outside men no chance in defence like I said we would. We need to lock up the middle so either JJ or CHN and drop Elliot and RFM to the bench.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at clueless people who always say Lichaa's not bad.
Do you know what his role is????????????????????????
Should probably be banned because it is common knowledge amongst anyone with half a football brain he is the worse hooker EVER in the NRL.
What was 'not bad' about him?? Seriously?????????
He is straight up in there for his defence and defence only, worse attacking Hooker and all round Hooker ever.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree RFM made 52 tackles and looked dangerous every time he had the ball.. if you wanna blame players today he shouldn't be one of them..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman was our only forward to run over 100m... RFM made 52 tackles .... CHN looked strong off bench .. all other forwards were average to poor.. there was no good outside backs they were all terrible..

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RFM out Martin in
Holland out Harper in
Fatlalo out ofa in
Lichaa out Cogger in
Montoya out and that idris looking fella in
My opinion thoughts ??

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I’ll be happy to see the back of holland and Montoya. Both proving how utterly pathetic footballers they are.