Major changes needed for week 2

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For someone that defends Lichaa I was very disappointed in him today... I know the whole team was flat but fcuk me even JMK showed more.
Agreed by the stats we actually had fast play the ball. The passing from dummy service is just to slow or floating pass and the halves or receiving players are just getting no time or smashed.

When JMK came on pass were a lot faster and or off the ground. Yes his defence isn't as good as Lichaa but no point in trying to defend a lead when you can't score.

Because neither can last the better off starting JMK and have Lichaa close off the each half. Then again waste two interchanges because overall the hooker we have are just shit.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed by the stats we actually had fast play the ball. The passing from dummy service is just to slow or floating pass and the halves or receiving players are just getting no time or smashed.

When JMK came on pass were a lot faster and or off the ground. Yes his defence isn't as good as Lichaa but no point in trying to defend a lead when you can't score.

Because neither can last the better off starting JMK and have Lichaa close off the each half. Then again waste two interchanges because overall the hooker we have are just shit.
It ruins any plan you want to put in place.

The fact our forwards don't offer any impact once they fatigue means we need to rotate them more often so wasting any changes on a hooker kills us.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Holland is playing terrible
Holland and Montoya have never put two good games back to back yet so do we get another bad game from them next week or continue on our lame way
Martin and C Smith are better than Elliot
CHN better than RFM.
Our centres are an abomination.

Major changes are needed. To have 40 put on us round 1 is unacceptable.
Can anyone recall if 40 to 6 was our worst score since we kicked off the season last year. I don't know how our illustrious coach selected half the idiots based on one trial game or is he now in Hasler mode assuming if you train well you play well lol

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 thing. They can obviously be very disapoointed they took the trip to NZ as a holiday and turn up next wk and put 40 on the opposition.
Somehow I don't think on this form the dogs are capable of putting on 20 points against another team let alone 40

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think on this form the dogs are capable of putting on 20 points against another team let alone 40
Hard to call it form when they have only played one game... Ill reserve my judgement t'ill next wk and give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hard to call it form when they have only played one game... Ill reserve my judgement t'ill next wk and give them a chance to redeem themselves.
a few more trial games would have helped decide who was best not just one

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Move Holland back to the right to give us that Smith-Holland combo that worked so well last year. Bring in CHN into centre for his defense. Hopoate and Meaney to switch in the game to give Meaney experience before he takes over permanently. JJ moves to lock with RFM moving back to the left and Martin coming into the team.

01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Corey Harawira-Naera
04. Kerrod Holland
05. Reimis Smith
06. Kieran Foran
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Rhyse Martin (k)
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jack Cogger
15. Adam Elliott
16. Danny Fualalo
17. Ofahiki Ogden
This is how the team SHOULD have been this week.But thyat would mean Lichaa playing 80 mins at hooker.That's a worry.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
RFM out Martin in
Holland out Harper in
Fatlalo out ofa in
Lichaa out Cogger in
Montoya out and that idris looking fella in
My opinion thoughts ??
Put the pipe away

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is how the team SHOULD have been this week.But thyat would mean Lichaa playing 80 mins at hooker.That's a worry.
its more of a worry when they select him at all . Hasn't played one good solid game for dogs since they bought him . Sharks laughed when they offloaded him. I told my son before the game today that with that line up they would get flogged and I was right. when I saw the selections I just shook my head . Montoya. Lichaa, our other centre on the wrong side, missing a good forward in reserve grade the writing was on the wall so how come our coach never saw this, there were other options

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this is spot on really. Gotta see how they play next week. Then react

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM out Martin in
Holland out Harper in
Fatlalo out ofa in
Lichaa out Cogger in
My opinion thoughts ??
Letoya out 100%. Licha is a non event in attack and always has been but defensively sound. I would bring in Martin/Ofa at the expense of Licha or JMK. Need more grunt on the bench but happy to let the rest go around a couple more weeks. RFM looked bad towards the end but got through a mountain of work. Holland was outclassed by RTS but he has plenty of friends in the same boat throughout the whole NRL there. I think you make one change to start with and that’s Letoya.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM out Martin in
Holland out Harper in
Fatlalo out ofa in
Lichaa out Cogger in
My opinion thoughts ??
Just one more thing I will bet my bottom dollar all the players want in will get game time this year.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya has too many chances just not up to standard weakest link in a pretty weak team extremely disappointed at the lack of heart from the team as whole wooden spoon for certain another wasted year of my life