Maintenance and Recent Downtime

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's a relief. For a few days I thought my office had banned me from accessing the Kennel.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Redirecting everyone to a countdown timer, counting down to when the site will be back up would most certainly put a lighter under the arses of those fixing the site! :P

Any kind of notice would be nice really, email, twitter post, facebook post.. anything!!!!! I reckon an email automatically sent to all members would be most effective since not everyone has twitter or FB.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is, in IT often things don't go quite as planned. What you foresee as a midnight swap over of servers, or say a change in operating systems (or forum software versions), you might intend to have minimal downtime only to hit a major stumbling block (incompatible data bases, corrupt databases and need to rely on backups, parts failures, etc).

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is, in IT often things don't go quite as planned. What you foresee as a midnight swap over of servers, or say a change in operating systems (or forum software versions), you might intend to have minimal downtime only to hit a major stumbling block (incompatible data bases, corrupt databases and need to rely on backups, parts failures, etc).
So in short it's very similar to hooking up with a girl with the assumption that it's only a one night stand, only to realise she's a sandwich short of a picnic basket when she stops half way through the good ol' horizontal dance and says "I think I'm in love with you". ;)

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Mr Invisible said:
So in short it's very similar to hooking up with a girl with the assumption that it's only a one night stand, only to realise she's a sandwich short of a picnic basket when she stops half way through the good ol' horizontal dance and says "I think I'm in love with you". ;)
LOL, Kind of ..... it's more along the lines of "these things start with the best intentions" (ie : we'll only be offline for a day or two) .... Nek minnit, Forum Ded and admins be facepalm'n.