Madge sacked

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds great hard to see. First gotta get Bellyache out of his 5 year Storm contract and can you see him working with Gus? He’d want full autonomy and look what happened when we gave that to Hasler.
Contract ?
What does that word mean ? :laughing:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure Flanno is the messiah that everyone thinks. He is my preferred of the known options but I am sure that whichever direction Gus goes, there will be a well thought through plan
Flanno snr ok but we'll be stuck with flanno jr and he's shit.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There aren't many good options, I agree. But we can't afford to hire someone with one or two bad reigns at their most recent clubs. We need someone with upside. Woolf, Flanagan and John Morris are the three options that have the most upside.

Madge, Brown, Green, Fittler etc all have had ugly exits and failures at their most recent head coaching gigs in the NRL and need to be avoided at all costs.
How is Flanno with upside? He’s got a title because he cheated the cap and is a pep man and now he gets to coach his shit son with us??

Woolf would be the choice out of those 3. I put Maguire ahead of Flanno.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is Flanno with upside? He’s got a title because he cheated the cap and is a pep man and now he gets to coach his shit son with us??

Woolf would be the choice out of those 3. I put Maguire ahead of Flanno.
Woolf and Morris would be my two preferred choices but who knows if they're even on the radar? I don't want Flanno either but I'd much rather have him than Madge. Madge's last 5 seasons (including his last year with Souths) his teams have been 12th, 9th, 11th, 13th and 13th.

He hasn't made the finals in five years. We haven't made the finals in six years. He's not the coach we need to get us out of this mess.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure he had a decent hand in assembling that team. Brought some players over like Lewis, Maloney, ennis and got Townsend back. Got bird in first grade too. Winning a premiership isn’t that easy. We as bulldogs supporters should know that.
Should we ? 3rd for all time premierships mate

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Woolf and Morris would be my two preferred choices but who knows if they're even on the radar? I don't want Flanno either but I'd much rather have him than Madge. Madge's last 5 seasons (including his last year with Souths) his teams have been 12th, 9th, 11th, 13th and 13th.

He hasn't made the finals in five years. We haven't made the finals in six years. He's not the coach we need to get us out of this mess.
He was at the tigers so it’s a miracle he doesn’t have more 9ths

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't want Hastings or Douhei, I'd rather wait it out for better solutions to 7 & 1

Don't want Madge, Flanagan, and I shouldn't even have to say Brown/Fittler because that's just a ridiculous proposition that won't even be entertained

Just hire John Morris
I would take John Morris in a heartbeat

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wonder if all the coach bullshit will push Gus to make a move....

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If anyone thinks Madge would be better than Flano snr they are delusional.....and not only would he be tge better coach he would be better at attracting quality players...sick of his son being the reason why we would not sign him...surely the board can overide Flanafon about any decisions regarding his son
I’m certainly not advocating for Madge, and he wouldn’t be my selection for our new coach, but simply put, he didn’t have a lot of help at WT. On a side note, im associated with a WT sponsor, while I don’t ever get inside info on the Bulldogs, I do get some WT info and I’ve met Madge, played golf with him and many of the WT players over the last 3-4yrs. Behind the scenes he had one arm tied behind his back. Saying all that, He still isn’t my 1st choice for Coach.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno as head coach by himself, has not missed the final series in any year as a coach.

He took a shit Cronulla side and made them premiership winners.

Only thing he's guilty of is trusting his sports science gurus too much (leading to the peptides saga).

Flanno was the fall guy because ultimately he was responsible for all those staff under him.

A new coaching Flanno would ensure that never happens again, which is only a good thing.

He's got experience with rebuilds and getting results... however all this will amount to nothing if the club continues to sit on its hands and not sign him.

We miss Flanno, we may as well not bother as supporters anymore as any other coach will be past few years history repeating itself.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wouldnt surprise me if Potter and Madge will swap in 2023, especially the way Potter talked about the tigers job when he started with us.