Luke thompson

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he would take a few weeks with no match fitness lack of football and having not played NRL. I’m very impressed he will only get better! A lot of blokes in the side could take a look at his effort and follow suit!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Quality signing and I hope he keeps just doing his thing and not be dragged down by the inept efforts of Napa, Tolman and Jackson.

Napa must be traded, he is rubbish. Jackson needs to give up the captaincy and get his game back and Tolman is done unless coming off the bench.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks willing, has good leg speed and can bend the line. Just a shame we don’t have the players who can take advantage off the back of that. He’s got an engine to boot.
Watching the replay of the Tolman drop ball you could see Thompson’s face looked like he was thinking “wtf did I get myself into here” lol.
My old man kept screaming at the tv every time Thommo was running for a hit up and JMK would go the other way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was very impressive for his first game. He was fitter than the rest of our team and he hasn't played in months...

We need more players of his calibre and moreso his confidence and aggression. He reminds me of Graham in how he was trying to lift his team on every play...

Too bad the rest of the passengers just stood and watched instead of following his lead.

Anyway, we might have found our next captain. Thompson was the lone positive from tonight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was very impressive for his first game. He was fitter than the rest of our team and he hasn't played in months...

We need more players of his calibre and moreso his confidence and aggression. He reminds me of Graham in how he was trying to lift his team on every play...

Too bad the rest of the passengers just stood and watched instead of following his lead.

Anyway, we might have found our next captain. Thompson was the lone positive from tonight.
Nah captain's curse will get him. Personally I think Hoppa should be our captain after Jackson if he's still here.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount times he would run a strong line and get ignored. JMKs service is far too slow.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His energy and enthusiasm will be sapped by how shit we are. Then some people on the kennel will start saying he is crap when really the whole joint stinks.

If we get another spoon next year, I'm not expecting him to stick around.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It depresses me to see how below average we actually are only after the 1 game he's played. It's become the norm :(

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He made a few errors as it is the nrl but he will get used to it and he looks good I’d swap tolman to the bench for Thompson for our attack plan

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wasn't great but it was still a good performance considering the circumstances. What's concerning is that he hasn't played in months or had much actual training yet he still looked miles ahead of the rest of our forwards (To'omaga excluded)..really tells a story.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The amount times he would run a strong line and get ignored. JMKs service is far too slow.
JMK's decision making and awareness is horrific. Multiple times he hit the wrong runner, multiple times he ignored the halves...what topped it off for me was when To'omaga delivered a great late offload and JMK literally stood there for second before stepping into the only defender near him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK's decision making and awareness is horrific. Multiple times he hit the wrong runner, multiple times he ignored the halves...what topped it off for me was when To'omaga delivered a great late offload and JMK literally stood there for second before stepping into the only defender near him.
He shouldn't be playing hooker at NRL level his pass selection is absolutely woeful. He is the major reason for the disjointed attack even when he makes a rare wise choice to give the ball to the right person his passing is under 7 standard.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Somebody has probably already mentioned it but he needs somebody to go with him. Walmsley was the perfect front row partner. Renouf was good last night before he got injured but we need a Hargreaves type front rower to compliment him. Napa way too soft last night when it got physical in the middle and Tolman past it.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is someone we can build team around.
He's the total package.
He actually epitomises what bulldogs are about.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Somebody has probably already mentioned it but he needs somebody to go with him. Walmsley was the perfect front row partner. Renouf was good last night before he got injured but we need a Hargreaves type front rower to compliment him. Napa way too soft last night when it got physical in the middle and Tolman past it.
Thompson has a motor so I think you could get away with a big booper next to him. Someone in the Junior Paulo mould would be perfect and it could even end up being Renouf.

Tolman cannot be re-signed under any circumstances he looks like a 50 year playing out there now and the game is only getting quicker.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So not such a bad signing after all then hey

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thompson has a motor so I think you could get away with a big booper next to him. Someone in the Junior Paulo mould would be perfect and it could even end up being Renouf.

Tolman cannot be re-signed under any circumstances he looks like a 50 year playing out there now and the game is only getting quicker.
Junior Paulo can probably play 80 the bloke is fitter than he looks.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank goodness Someone else realises the need for an impact bulldozing prop
I have had enough of RAG DOLLS in the team !!!