Luke Thompson to Wigan warriors

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He hasn’t took any money,, he’s signed nothing, there’s 3 big offers in ESL, he wants to stay in Oz and he will and I don’t blame him, let’s get him back on the field and then we will see what he is worth
Avo took the dolphins money and you can’t blame him. I hope Luke stays and has better luck with injuries but I won’t be slagging him off just because he took a better deal.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hasn’t took any money,, he’s signed nothing, there’s 3 big offers in ESL, he wants to stay in Oz and he will and I don’t blame him, let’s get him back on the field and then we will see what he is worth
On a reduced deal a fit and healthy Luke Thompson would do wonders next season for us with better players around him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Your mad as a box of frogs !, love it, I can see why all of Luke’s mates there are Lebanese, he’s back training now putting some miles through his legs, his bionic foot is the best it’s ever been, told him to get the other glass one sorted too at the end of the season, hopefully back playing if selected weekend after next
If all Lukes new friends are lebanese I'm sorry to break the news to you but he has likely joined a gang and probably already done a drive by and collected debts from indians at 7/11.

When he is in Manchester next this will be him at the reunion, but replace 'Iraq' with 'Bankstown'.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What are the ESL offers bein tabled out of curiosity?

Curious what kinda cash they give.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We been through this. I'm not saying you are lying but you are wrong.

Gus said he had a meeting with Luke and his manager three Thursdays back.

Multiple insiders testified that meeting occurred.

Actros, who is Luke's crew from the hood, also stated the meeting took place and Gus wanted him, and implied a lower deal.

How could these things be if he was told in April his white ass on the street?

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We been through this. I'm not saying you are lying but you are wrong.

Gus said he had a meeting with Luke and his manager three Thursdays back.

Multiple insiders testified that meeting occurred.

Actros, who is Luke's crew from the hood, also stated the meeting took place and Gus wanted him, and implied a lower deal.

How could these things be if he was told in April his white ass on the street?

Nasheed, I'm sorry but your strike rate is very questionable. I've seen for years what you say.

Let's just see when the Top 30 2024 squad is listed and trains in pre season if Luke Thompson name is there... that's where il leave it.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fellas I told ya all Luke Thompson is gone , has and will not be offered no new deal. Stop hoping that a reasonable deal is there , he was told back in April that he is not being resigned.
Your wrong, he has never been told and definitely not in April, but I do think he is gone also, he,ll be playing against us next year

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed, I'm sorry but your strike rate is very questionable. I've seen for years what you say.

Let's just see when the Top 30 2024 squad is listed and trains in pre season if Luke Thompson name is there... that's where il leave it.
Which strike rate?
The one where I said a board mutiny was coming?
Or when I said Hill was fired?
Or that we signed JAC and was lol'ed at?
Or that we signed Flanno for 400k?
Which ones did I get wrong?
Whether he here or next year doesnt negate my points I made regardless.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Your wrong, he has never been told and definitely not in April, but I do think he is gone also, he,ll be playing against us next year
When you said Gus wanted him, did he specify what the terms were?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He got plenty of complimentary comments and appraisals when he first played for us tho.

Unfortunately he then started getting injuries and then uncharacteristicly started playing without composure incurring penalties and then suspensions and then lazy defence.

There have been all the rumours about his demands (car etc ) and his issues with g/f, time off granted to sort his mother, lengthy concussion match absences and now his foot complications.

For both the player, and the club, it has been a very frustrating 3-1/2 years with him only appearing in infrequent games.

Bulldogs fans have not seen anything like what the Club paid for or what he is capable of playing...thru no fault of either party. But the Club have treated Luke outstandingly from what we can observe from the outside looking in.

I said before, if the guy has as much pride in his performances and the legacy he wants to leave with the Club and it's supporters, as he appears to, then he will re-sign at the fair contract price Gus offered (if offerred).

If Gus hasn't offerred a contract, I can understand that based on Luke's poor value here during his time with us. I sincerely hope he has, and/or Luke can get back on the field for the last few games so we can see him play.

But Luke can go a long way towards regaining fans excitement in his footy ability, and respect, if he acknowledges and thanks the Club by re-signing if a contract has been offerred.

If not he will probably go to St George and be forever noted as an expensive failure here and that would be a real shame.

It was bad enough seeing James Graham in the Red V and he is forever held in the greatest of esteem by Bulldogs fans and has now returned to the welcoming arms of the family club to continue his career off the field after his playing days have finished.

Anyway just my thoughts ....as it would be very disappointing for Luke's time with us to end up petering out on such a low note bc he was a great player in UK and our club never got to see it on a regular basis.

No hard feelings if he leaves but it will be a forever "what if" situation for both the club and player.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no way a professional sportsman would endure the total off season program to then fake something.
It definitely wouldn’t help his career at all.
Exactly mate and totally out of character. I think the problem is people are too stupid to differentiate factual information from rumours they read on Facebook

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly mate and totally out of character. I think the problem is people are too stupid to differentiate factual information from rumours they read on Facebook
It’s actually pretty sad if people in particular adults are believing rumours on any social platform.
Like seriously

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On a reduced deal a fit and healthy Luke Thompson would do wonders next season for us with better players around him
Yup both Kikau & Thompson are the 2 missing links in our team this year. Amazing we lost both to long term injuries almost at the same time. What a different team we could have been with both on the field.
The Dogs have put just so much faith in supporting Thompson to get him back on the paddock. He needs to pay back that faith in him now. Hope he can get there with the Dogs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with most of your comment but I would like clarify that he is not a demanding person, a car

70% of your comment, I agree with you,
he never got suspended or injured in the Red V, sorry I forgot one game suspension for throwing ball whilst celebrating a try and it accidentally hit linesman, he’s 28 and his best games are in front of him
A committee member told us when he first came over there were a few things he was grumbling about. One was his allocated car was too small and he wanted a new one and at the time it didnt go over thst well. A few other rumours were flying about on TK but who knows on their veracity. I was just acknowledging that he has had some blow back with some accusations as part of his history with us. Even the injury and concussion lengthy outs but I couldnt agree with that at all. That would be all under our doctors supervision.

By Red V I was referring to St George not St Helens :grinning:

Overall I have been a fan and supporter of Luke and very excited that we'd signed him. I think you know that from my past posts/messages :grinning:

If I didnt care if he left or stayed, I wouldnt bother explaining that him leaving after such a disrupted 3 and a half seasons here would be extremely disappointing and frustrating for him and the club and I or one hope he stays to the mutual benefit of both parties.

Keep well mate.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A committee member told us when he first came over there were a few things he was grumbling about. One was his allocated car was too small and he wanted a new one and at the time it didnt go over thst well. A few other rumours were flying about on TK but who knows on their veracity. I was just acknowledging that he has had some blow back with some accusations as part of his history with us. Even the injury and concussion lengthy outs but I couldnt agree with that at all. That would be all under our doctors supervision.

By Red V I was referring to St George not St Helens :grinning:

Overall I have been a fan and supporter of Luke and very excited that we'd signed him. I think you know that from my past posts/messages :grinning:

If I didnt care if he left or stayed, I wouldnt bother explaining that him leaving after such a disrupted 3 and a half seasons here would be extremely disappointing and frustrating for him and the club and I or one hope he stays to the mutual benefit of both parties.

Keep well mate.
Thanks Wendy, I also hope he stays, his luck will turn, his best years are in front of him

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see him at the Dragons, Tigers or Roosters