Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d be somewhat down with this article if it was Hetherington being shopped as it’s clear he can’t stay on the field enough. As fans we were sold the story that we were clearing out cap space and not doing business like this anymore as it hindered out ability to compete on the field. Was it all a lie?
Hard to shop players no **** wants. That’s why we’re stuck with the dregs, plodders and cats.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely there’s someone else in the pipeline if this is the case very strange move but I guess all we can do is trust gus maybe his awful judiciary record will scare the tigers off

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be so gutted if his is true.

Yes his judiciary record isn't great but he is one of a few blokes that rips and tears every game he plays. He is slowly getting used to NRL and another off season will do him wonders.

He also needs to cement a position and not be chopped and changed.
Agree, he’s a leader and he’s very inspirational in his hard running. Need to be kept and fuck off Elliott and Waddell. Keep some cheap go hards like Chris Smith and Stimson save money that way. Oh and also I reckon play him second row and for 80mins get that hard running on some angles and at smaller blokes instead of props all the time.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes but you have to get another front rower. Leaves us $500k to secure someone who is half as good. It kinda doesnt make sense bc we only have JJ, Vaughan for a year (maybe longer) and TPJ...the rest left are not up to scratch and dont look like they ever will be as our forward pack.
I agree with what you have said. In my opinion but you build front rowers of the Bennett’s theory. Once there worth a large portion of you cap. You let them go to highest bidder. And you keep the young , cheap and aggressive ones comming through. This way you spine gets most you cap. And the aggressive forwards are young and keen. Reference Hass. This theory goes against my gut feel to want keep players like Thompson. But my head tells me Bennett’s way works.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Na na na this better be only for year 2022 we pay for his contract cause thats his last year with us

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy or sell....I don't care anymore, pay players per position not what the market dictates.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bs Buzz hates Gus because he won’t talk to him and blocked him on twitter and probably his number too. So there’s no way he could get this info if it was legit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with what you have said. In my opinion but you build front rowers of the Bennett’s theory. Once there worth a large portion of you cap. You let them go to highest bidder. And you keep the young , cheap and aggressive ones comming through. This way you spine gets most you cap. And the aggressive forwards are young and keen. Reference Hass. This theory goes against my gut feel to want keep players like Thompson. But my head tells me Bennett’s way works.
Yes I see that as a good methodology, but we are not advanced enough into that plan atm to have either all young forwards OR left with mostly plodder 2ndrow and lock and other average FR options.

We have as big a need for experienced FR to help Burton and BBO.

It's a mess. We can all agree on that lol.

Luckily its not just Barrett acting on his own with this and Gus has a sound strategy and will dominate. We mightn't like it, but drastic action needed.

Thompson facing further suspension so that further muddies the waters regards retention.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fact we are paying $800k plus for a 50 minute player is absurd .
This is why we struggle overs for players not in key positions the game changers 1,6,7 and 9
Is it a fact though? There was another report that he had $1.4M left over 2 years.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
The only positive that could come from this is that IF Thommo leaves then that shows all the players that absolutely NO ONE is safe. We’re actually shopping our BEST player around.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It says $450k. Is that each season or over the 2 remaining? Why would you advertise that you are willing to pay $450k of an reported $700K (per season) deal to get rid of him? It doesn't make any sense.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
we would have the same spare if we fuck flanagan off, even more if we included Elliott, Waddell, Stimpson, Hetherington, JMK, Soup,

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The only positive that could come from this is that IF Thommo leaves then that shows all the players that absolutely NO ONE is safe. We’re actually shopping our BEST player around.
hasnt helped the last 6 years

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It says $450k. Is that each season or over the 2 remaining? Why would you advertise that you are willing to pay $450k of an reported $700K (per season) deal to get rid of him? It doesn't make any sense.
They're saying 450k out of 850k. If it was for the 2 seasons they'd say 900k out of the 1.7m. They also reported 725k a month or so ago.