Luke Thompson consolidated thread

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Be a ordinary move from gus.cannot believe for a moment we are thinking letting our best forward go.we need him along with tpj,Vaughn to be a dominant pack.This would be one of our worst decisions ever.Please get rid off Elliot ,Waddell which will follow with Jackson's retirement .FMD

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So with 2 years to go, he's somehow gotten an offer from the Tigers - thought this was against the rules unless the player's contract only had 1 year remaining (unless he has actually gotten permission to sound out other clubs)?

Our Front Row for 2022:

- Vaughan - starter
- Hetherington - bench
- Seumanufagai - bench
- TPJ - starter, but would be played on an edge instead of the middle?
- Patolo - reserve
- Stimson - reserve

Atoni, Napa and Ogden the only props and they're gone

Aren't we a bit light if we let him go?
Exactly what I thought. How can other clubs make an offer when he has 2 YEARS to go ? If we're paying decent freight to free up 500K to buy another prop it's useless. We just end up with a downgrade at prop for the same money (350K freight + 500K to the new prop).

Would only make sense if we're using the money to sign B.Smith for 2022 or Pearce or Moeaki Fotuaika for 2023

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Click on your profile and it's under signature.

PS love him or hate him Gus knows his league.

I've met him on many occasions through work and he is an encyclopedia of league.
And if you look at the teams he's managed he typically allows 1 high price prop partnered with average to low cost.

So if Gus says he has to go, then he has to go.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Thompson leaves then I smell a Klemmer home coming, if he shaves his head it might not be that bad

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This club is too fucking dumb to do that. We let good players go for nothing just because they ask and we want to be "the family club". We also apparently voluntarily upgrade contracts of 20 year olds who've yet to pull on the jersey. I swear there's a gas leak at Belmore.
Do you think we would be like “hey we signed Tuifua off you guys last week, how about we call it even?” :p

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Players on marquee money outside of the spine.
- "Wants to hear a player say they want to be at the club." Those players get "looked after" better then those who go to market.
- He becomes "disinterested" with players who contemplate leaving.
- Successful clubs keep playing groups together.
- He never loses a player he wants to keep.
- Players have never gone and offered themselves around at clubs he's been involved at due in part to the culture.
wow yeah that is pretty pointed hey hahaha fuck i wonder if thommo listens to the podcast

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
wow yeah that is pretty pointed hey hahaha fuck i wonder if thommo listens to the podcast
Yeah mate, it's a decent spray that begins with the topic of Connor Watson negotiating his own contract. It really seems like Gus was trying to make a point.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we need cap space release fetherington flopagain and elliot
while I agree releasing thompson is stupid... you can't just release players you need someone to contract them and we pay any difference. Flanagan would struggle to get minimum contract, hetherington with his judiciary issues no chance Elliot probably the only one but we would still probably need to pay 200k for him. because of how bad we have been going this year player values have gone down.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS if there was a slight chance of this crap being true, you think channel 9 wouldn't of asked Gus tonight in their coverage?

On purpose I'm watching the game on 9 (first time this year actually) to see if and when they ask him.

Even They aren't touching it...