Luke Thompson consolidated thread

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't that normal behaviour here in the kennel?.
Y’all need to stop messing with our headsthey are already delicate enough lol
your not wrong, also Luke took a massive pay cut to join the Titans, but he’s getting a free afternoon Barbie at Justins ever Saturday for the next 2 years lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
your not wrong, also Luke took a massive pay cut to join the Titans, but he’s getting a free afternoon Barbie at Justins ever Saturday for the next 2 years lol
You've had a big, past few days mate.

Keep up the passion (and info). You can see the high regard Luke is held in with our supporters.

It's just the lousy situation our club is in atm driving all this upheaval. Luke will always be well thought of by Bulldogs supporters.

Reactions: ATT

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do it but, I could see us letting Thompson go to secure Pearce

Gus thinks that way and I don't like it, but its the truth

Id keep Thompson personally.
It really is a difficult one tbh... Thommo is a good player but not irreplaceable. The pros and cons on this one are difficult to weigh up....

The biggest issue right now is the fact we have been crying for 2 genuine marquee forwards for yearssss when we have always been stuck with one. Now that we have TPJ and Thommo they are letting one go and just when we have finally become a top 8 contender....

On another hand if Thommo leaves it frees up genuine space to make another purchase, maybe 2, maybe 3. It also allows the club to make some decent signings and upgrades for a rebuild. e.g Pearce/Upgrade Burton.

In all honesty though, its shit house that we are stuck with overpaid hacks like Elliot, Flannagan, Allen, RFM and Stimson whilst we need to let go of one of the best....

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It really is a difficult one tbh... Thommo is a good player but not irreplaceable. The pros and cons on this one are difficult to weigh up....

The biggest issue right now is the fact we have been crying for 2 genuine marquee forwards for yearssss when we have always been stuck with one. Now that we have TPJ and Thommo they are letting one go and just when we have finally become a top 8 contender....

On another hand if Thommo leaves it frees up genuine space to make another purchase, maybe 2, maybe 3. It also allows the club to make some decent signings and upgrades for a rebuild. e.g Pearce/Upgrade Burton.

In all honesty though, its shit house that we are stuck with overpaid hacks like Elliot, Flannagan, Allen, RFM and Stimson whilst we need to let go of one of the best....
Thommo's staying mate.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be random but I want to start a rumour and get everyone on here to play along to prove the lazy fucks in the media just rip shit off here.

I have the perfect one when Penrith get booted out of the finals.

Cleary Snr and Jnr to follow Gus to the Dogs. I Can start it then others can confirm it with their sources.

I reckon the dumb fucks will run with it lol
Do it..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be random but I want to start a rumour and get everyone on here to play along to prove the lazy fucks in the media just rip shit off here.

Cleary Snr and Jnr to follow Gus to the Dogs. I Can start it then others can confirm it with their sources.

Barrett straight swap with Cleary Nathan to follow

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You've had a big, past few days mate.

Keep up the passion (and info). You can see the high regard Luke is held in with our supporters.

It's just the lousy situation our club is in atm driving all this upheaval. Luke will always be well thought of by Bulldogs supporters.
It’s been a trying week, Unfortunately for Luke he seems to be the only contract player that the other clubs are interested in,

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Frankly the reason why we are getting rid of Thommo is he is on way to much max 600k heshoukd be on plus he wants way to much money plus long term and frankly Gus needs the money to upgrade Burton for next year and the year after straight away and secure him on a long term deal don’t be supriased if Jacko goes as well in case we need to secure a hooker and or a 7 of or when one comes along
We have 8 players (Dufty, RFM, Hetherington, Katoa, Stimson, Topine, Vaughan and Wakeham) off contract at the end of 2022 and not one additional player signed for 2023. I just don't see any reason why would we need to get rid of Thommo or Jacko to make space to upgrade Burton in 2023.

Always a Bulldog

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was 600 over 2 years
Who the Tigers? they said 3 from next yr which is really 1 extra? Also they were willing to throw 800k at TPJ so why wouldn't they revert that money to Thompson?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have 8 players (Dufty, RFM, Hetherington, Katoa, Stimson, Topine, Vaughan and Wakeham) off contract at the end of 2022 and not one additional player signed for 2023. I just don't see any reason why would we need to get rid of Thommo or Jacko to make space to upgrade Burton in 2023.

Always a Bulldog
Me either.

It’s not as though he is on massive overs either. If he’s on $850k that’s probably only $150-$200k overs which is immaterial given the cap is $9million plus.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who the Tigers? they said 3 from next yr which is really 1 extra? Also they were willing to throw 800k at TPJ so why wouldn't they revert that money to Thompson?
600 is all they have spare to offer apparently or maybe backing the dogs into a corner so they have to pay the freight at 125 x 2 years
It’s irrelevant anyway Luke s not going

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Barrett looks a bit tired doesn’t he.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
600 is all they have spare to offer apparently or maybe backing the dogs into a corner so they have to pay the freight at 125 x 2 years
It’s irrelevant anyway Luke s not going
Good :grinning: I'd rather pay freight on at least 2 of our forward plodders than lose Luke..there's more than enough of them unfortunately. If we are to commence a rebuild back to success, we need him at his very best playing for us.

Do you think he will be making a statement any time soon or better to keep out of the politics and keep his head up and bum down.

Looking forward to seeing his reply to all the conjecture on the field today :grinning:

Reactions: ATT

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good :grinning: I'd rather pay freight on at least 2 of our forward plodders than lose Luke..there's more than enough of them unfortunately. If we are to commence a rebuild back to success, we need him at his very best playing for us.

Do you think he will be making a statement any time soon or better to keep out of the politics and keep his head up and bum down.

Looking forward to seeing his reply to all the conjecture on the field today :grinning:
None of the management at the club have spoken to him about it, the first he heard was when his agent rang him to tell that Gus had been in touch
The last Luke heard from Gus was a text message praising him after his last game he played

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
None of the management at the club have spoken to him about it, the first he heard was when his agent rang him to tell that Gus had been in touch
The last Luke heard from Gus was a text message praising him after his last game he played
Well best for all of us supporters to just move on to today's game and await the next Bulldogs story beat up.

Love your passion for Luke and looking after his best interests...hopefully for us, that all coincides for success, for all parties, real soon.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These hard times are obviously fvcking with peoples heads..... Really anyone still waffling sh!t about obtaining the services of Pearce need serious counselling, it wont happen. I think another myth is Cheese joining the Dogs, that ship has floated. Let's just get on with our lives and let the club do its' thing, I'm sure 2022 will be bigger, bolder and brighter even without the fantasy $15M salary cap some of you are dreaming of.