Luke Rooney out for 12 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PENRITH'S former international winger Luke Rooney will be sidelined for 12 weeks with a neck injury.

Rooney, 24, will undergo surgery next week on a prolapsed disc after taking a knock in the Panthers' loss to St George-Illawarra last Friday.

The lanky winger, who has played five State of Origin matches for New South Wales and six Tests for Australia, complained of soreness in his neck and underwent CAT and MRI scans this week.

The disc was found to be pressing on Rooney's spinal cord and he requires fusion micro-surgery.

"I've been booked in for an operation next week, probably Monday," Rooney said.

"It's not a career threatening injury, but it's really disappointing."

The Panthers are struggling after just two wins in 2007 and five losses in their past five outings.

They have also lost forwards Trent Waterhouse (leg) and Shane Rodney (shoulder) to serious injuries.

"I think we are about to turn our season around and I want to be a part of that," Rooney said.

AAP

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
big loss..he has been playing some good footy 4 them....panthers r suffering atm.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats so unlucky.. i think he was a big chance for rep honours during SOO aswell.. proven winger who can do the job when necessary.. never a bad headline abt rooney

get well soon!

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
he was startiong to play well
just started to convert good play into trys

WMD 637

Blue & White Dynamite
Reaction score
Him and Tonga make a great Centre/Wing combo imo.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lucky it wasn't as bad as Joey's because it seems Similar but not Really as Bad. Still there goes his spot in the Blues, Now it's time for a Replacement in The Panthers, looks like someone will have pushed into the Wing Position.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Lewis will take his Position, Who Else??? Because I'm not Sure

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
they were calling for him and lewis to be in the NSW sider werent they?

Status
Not open for further replies.