Luke Brooks

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yuck, i mean if we got him for under 200k it might be worth the gamble but, no. I'd rather look at Jock Madden who also implied he's looking for a fresh start.
In saying that signing a player who can't get picked for the tigers doesn't sit well with me. They were awful on the weekend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yuck, i mean if we got him for under 200k it might be worth the gamble but, no. I'd rather look at Jock Madden who also implied he's looking for a fresh start.
In saying that signing a player who can't get picked for the tigers doesn't sit well with me. They were awful on the weekend.
Addo-Carr struggled to get game time at the Tigers. They let plenty of good players go.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papenhauzen couldn’t get a start with Tigers? Id sign him for as minimal as possible. Least he has a good kicking and passing game. He’s NRL hardened. His defence used to be a concern but I think he’s worked on that. I’d give him a go. Give him a lifeline like Dufty and Vaughn

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take brooks over Averillo any day. Brooks can be a good player he just needs a change of scenery.
It really depends what Brooks would want from the dogs and what the Dogs want from Brooks.

It’s obvs after only 2 rounds that Burton has both the skill and desire to manage the bulk of our attack. We really just need a foil for him with a great kicking game.

I thought Flanno was good for this but it is clear he is on the outer so Brooks could certainly work.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, please NO! we already have Averillo we don't need Brooks too.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends what Brooks would want from the dogs and what the Dogs want from Brooks.

It’s obvs after only 2 rounds that Burton has both the skill and desire to manage the bulk of our attack. We really just need a foil for him with a great kicking game.

I thought Flanno was good for this but it is clear he is on the outer so Brooks could certainly work.
Yeah me too. $450,000 a season sitting in reserve grade. Barrett needs to give him a go. Let’s just double and triple check that Flanno is shit. I mean he would’ve kicked those two missed conversions last night. That’s 14-16. Then when Averillo has his legs taken out we take the two suddenly we are 16-16 coming home with the momentum. You feel me? We need a proper half that’s played his whole career there. When I say give Flanno a go I don’t mean 5 shit mins then hook him. Persist with him for a couple rounds. FFS you persisted with Averillo for over a whole season.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah me too. $450,000 a season sitting in reserve grade. Barrett needs to give him a go. Let’s just double and triple check that Flanno is shit. I mean he would’ve kicked those two missed conversions last night. That’s 14-16. Then when Averillo has his legs taken out we take the two suddenly we are 16-16 coming home with the momentum. You feel me? We need a proper half that’s played his whole career there. When I say give Flanno a go I don’t mean 5 shit mins then hook him. Persist with him for a couple rounds. FFS you persisted with Averillo for over a whole season.
Isn't Jake a relative of Laundy?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t see Brooks coming full stop and especially however long the Flange is on the books and he’s unlikely going anywhere before the end of 2023.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't we have some good HBs coming through in the juniors? Maybe the club is waiting for one of them to develop rather than taking a punt on Brooks. Look how well that turned out for us in terms of Flanno. I'd rather sign a gun junior like Burton than take a chance on a player like Brooks who may or may not come good.