Luke Brooks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think it's more the Tiger's management than Brooks' manager. Remember they also signed Josh Reynolds on around $900k, so it's a similar foolish deal.
Mbye was reportedly 900k with us chipping in. Reynolds was 600-700k, too long ago to remember the exact amount reported but it wasn't 900k.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If standing behind the gold posts waiting for the opposition to kick a goal is a measure of a players worth I can understand the the $1.1 million Brookes is getting paid. His player manager pulled off one of the greatest bank heist's in nrl history for that contract.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks had some very poor defensive efforts last night vs the Eels

from memory, Reynolds signed a 4 year, $3.2 million deal with the Tigers

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks had some very poor defensive efforts last night vs the Eels

from memory, Reynolds signed a 4 year, $3.2 million deal with the Tigers
I remember Benji Marshall giving him shit because he bought a sick AMG and got a personalised plate, after he signed that deal.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want Brooks but will he excel at a different club? Moses became a much better player since leaving the Tigers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't want Brooks but will he excel at a different club? Moses became a much better player since leaving the Tigers.
I think Brooks is mentally scarred, way too long at the Tigers. He literally can't even do a cross field kick without it going into touch.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooks definitely needs a fresh start and there is definitely a better player in there than he has shown for the most part of his career.

Whatever the reason behind why he hasn’t been good I don’t really care. I don’t want him as a Bulldog.

Of the four current halves options the Tigers have he is the only absolute NO for mine.

ADAM DOUEIHI is the clear best player they have. Whether or not he can play 7 though is debatable. I think he is a 6 or 1

JOCK MADDEN would be a low cost potential option. I don’t see him as any better than BBO or Khaled Rajab at the moment though.

JACKSON HASTINGS while far from perfect I think he would be a neat fit and a great get as our 7 if we can get him. He is a natural right sided player. He organisers without over playing his hand. Good kicker. He would be be the perfect style of 7 at the dogs for mine.
He is not top tier but he would be the solid no nonsense foil for Burton to do his thing.

Last edited:

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Brooks is mentally scarred, way too long at the Tigers. He literally can't even do a cross field kick without it going into touch.
He needs to go to the UK like Hastings, get some confidence back and then come back to a club on a reasonable contract.
Without the pressure of the $$$ he is on, along with some confidence returned, along with being somewhere other than the Tigpies & he would probably be a better that’s average 7.
He just needs a change of scenery & to get away from the constant noise about his contract

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye was reportedly 900k with us chipping in. Reynolds was 600-700k, too long ago to remember the exact amount reported but it wasn't 900k.
CONFIRMED: Reynolds signs with the Tigers | Sporting News Australia

"Reynolds has signed a four-year deal to move to Concord, rumoured to be around $900,000 a year. "

NRL 2021: Wests Tigers’ identity crisis: The real tales from Tiger town (smh.com.au)

Hasler: 'Josh is a quality human being' - League - Inside Sport

"Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has described departing five-eighth Josh Reynolds as a quality human being after the half signed a four-year deal with the Tigers. The contract is reportedly worth $900,000 a season and could not be matched by Canterbury."

" They then turned their attention to Canterbury’s Josh Reynolds, offering him $800,000 a season for four years when the Bulldogs were only willing to spend $500,000 on a shorter-term deal. " Not $900k but $800k here

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think if he went to the Dolphins, Bennett would get him playing at another level. Bellamy would be another who would provide him a role that he could execute. Not sure many other coaches (Robinson included) could actually fix the bloke confidence wise.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think if he went to the Dolphins, Bennett would get him playing at another level. Bellamy would be another who would provide him a role that he could execute. Not sure many other coaches (Robinson included) could actually fix the bloke confidence wise.
Before he signed his last deal, storm offered him a contract to learn of cronk and then take his spot , he stupidly took the money and stayed at tigers

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brooks will stay at Tigers. He wont get $1.1m anywhere else. He only has to turn up to train and he's a winner.