Luke Brooks

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah going to be a little annoyed if Tigers get Shane Flanagan tbh.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This story is starting to get some roll to it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatever...he is NOT the solution to our 7 problem get rid of one liability that's good but likely take on another more expensive one.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I don't know who'd be getting the raw end of the deal if this were to eventuate, but at least Brooks has been playing first grade this whole time and is the more experienced of the two.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope we are not going to pay overs for him.
I will take Brooks over Flanagan every day of the week. Any swap deal would need to be 100% no financial difference either way in my book.

Literally a straight swap. We pay Flanagan whatever his contract states for the term of his contract. They pay Brooks for whatever he signed for.

Away from this deal it’s an absolute NO from me. There is no way we can pay Brooks a cent more than the overs we are paying Flanagan.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I will take Brooks over Flanagan every day of the week. Any swap deal would need to be 100% no financial difference either way in my book.

Literally a straight swap. We pay Flanagan whatever his contract states for the term of his contract. They pay Brooks for whatever he signed for.

Away from this deal it’s an absolute NO from me. There is no way we can pay Brooks a cent more than the overs we are paying Flanagan.
I agree if it’s a straight swap.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know who'd be getting the raw end of the deal if this were to eventuate, but at least Brooks has been playing first grade this whole time and is the more experienced of the two.
Yep I think we need an experienced 7. Might be good for a couple of years until Hayward is available.

as long as it’s a straight swap and we don’t end up taking brooks 900k a year contract. Brooks for $500 is a bargain

Reactions: CMP

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brooks is no better than Flanagan

Flanagan is on 450k while Brooks is on 700k

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

we dont want either of them. Brooks has led his team to nothing in 9 years. Averillo wins 1/2 and the TK want him sacked, now they want this imposter who comes from a losing culture

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we dont want either of them. Brooks has led his team to nothing in 9 years. Averillo wins 1/2 and the TK want him sacked, now they want this imposter who comes from a losing culture
He won dally m halfback of the year a couple years ago

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I think we need an experienced 7. Might be good for a couple of years until Hayward is available.

as long as it’s a straight swap and we don’t end up taking brooks 900k a year contract. Brooks for $500 is a bargain
Brooks on the same dollars as Flanagan is a great deal for us. While Brooks only plays one or two good games a year. He does have something hiding in there. Flanagan just doesn’t have anything.

A change of environment and the likes of Burton as a support player might enable Brooks to just play without the pressure he gets at the Tiger’s.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What does that actually mean though when you take into consideration Flanagan came from a winning culture and Averillo has been developed inside of a losing culture?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not sign Brooks for anything over 350k.
It's basically a second chance contract and he's done nothing to deserve anything more.