Opinion Luke Brooks

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Brooks has all the skills to make it as a top class halfback but he's just not a leader. We desperately need someone with confidence who can steer the side around the park and free up Burton to focus on his running game.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taylor or Brookes are massive upgrades on what we have currently. As long as the price is right. Probably go for Taylor slightly over Brookes so that we have
a right and left foot kicker. Pearce isn’t really an option. I thought he was horrible against us on Sat night.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id take Brooks over Flanagan and Wakeham - Tigers were keen on Wakeham a couple of years ago - two for one?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taylor or Brookes are massive upgrades on what we have currently. As long as the price is right. Pearce isn’t really an option. I thought he was horrible against us on Sat night.
He looked very slow and appeared to be favouring his shoulder

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll already have enough defensive liabilities in the team next season. We don't need to add another.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe madge is getting the boot and this is flanno senior putting the wheels in motion to reunite with baby boy.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone is a better option than Mitchell Pierce ffs

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
would only take luke brooks if hes on a bargain-basement price, he is only slightly better than what we already have

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan hasn't got it unfortunately and was a dud recruitment decision. Cut the losses and subsidize him into another club. Look to develop a half from within to partner Burton. Burton will be the field position kicker. For enthusiasm, Lewis would be a low cost fill in. Biondi-Ono could be developed. No use paying overs for another retiree.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Gould's history is anything to go off, I can't see him going for a half-back that has continually failed to prove himself over so many seasons. So many seasons and he has consistently failed to steer his side to one solitary finals match.

If Gould is looking to bring another half-back to the club, my guess is that it would be an experienced playmaker to help guide the our rookie star Matt Burton, just as he did with James Maloney to guide Nathan Cleary.

In saying this, this Pearce rumour may have merit as there are no other experienced halves out there.

In hindsight, Adam Reynolds would have been the perfect foil for Burton.

Maybe the Maloney retirement is a smoke screen to wack him on our coaching staff to pay him and then trot him out in round1 because he sayshe feels great, but I doubt it.
excatly because reynolds is the person that controls the game and lets latrell and walker run the show thats what we need from a halfback. The issue is who to get.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brooks does some good things however managing a game and leading a side around the park isn't one of them.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Dragons and manly have a couple of good young halves in Amone / Sullivan and L.Fainu / Schuster... I have hope that the game will grow out of its lack of instinctive halves issue in time... But honestly the impact of covid with no lower grades wont see this get better any time soon
If anything I suspect it's the other way around. Players won't have been overcoached and will revert to more a more natural play what you see style. Well that's my hope.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If anything I suspect it's the other way around. Players won't have been overcoached and will revert to more a more natural play what you see style. Well that's my hope.
That's a positive way of looking at it, I hope you are right

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Brooks has such a punchable face, I don't wanna see it week in week out in our team colours.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brooks has such a punchable face, I don't wanna see it week in week out in our team colours.
I can safely say you are correct. My most recent coaching stint in junior league from 2011 to 2018, I didn't have to think real hard to counter opposing teams strengths. Found a lot of players were one dimensional and once you figured them out, and force them out of their comfort zone, the player and their coach, they didn't know what to do.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll already have enough defensive liabilities in the team next season. We don't need to add another.
I remember Brooks being on the back page of the paper after his debut for the Tigers at the SCG.. Was a great story and he had a wow of a game that day and it looked like he was going to be something special. He still looks like he is going to be something 8 years later..

Pass.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id take Brooks over Flanagan and Wakeham - Tigers were keen on Wakeham a couple of years ago - two for one?
And what about BOB? How would that affect his development in the halves? And u would need to fork out around 600k to nab Brooks

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its a no from me.
Brooks will never reach any great heights