Luke Brooks? Option? Rejects offer From Tigers

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i dont think id want brooks at our club, but i do think he will do better away from the tigers, that entire club is so shit, management and all so he may do well else where. at the kennel though i think not

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would do very well here .. id take the punt at 600K .. all players just go better once they leave the Tigers - and go worse when they are there..

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do think there’s a chance this happens tho. Gus always talks highly of him. He wouldn’t have rejected Tigers unless there was another offer there. I can’t see him moving to Canberra or out of Syd.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Brooks will do well without the weight of expectations on his shoulder. Take the smaller contract and just play the deputy role alongside a dominant playmaker.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was loyal to them. Remember he was the only one from the big 4 that remained. I would take him for 600 -700k over hunt for a mil plus
He was the only one who was left and the Tigers offered him $1m which in current reference would be $1.5m. Of course he stays “loyal” for that money anyone is staying “loyal”.

The Tigers have paid him way overs for years. His performance on the field has in no way reflected that wage. He could be a much better player in a new environment but he needs to play for unders to play without the wage pressure.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He could be that type of player that excels in a new team, I don’t want to replace flanno after all these years with another potential “flanno”.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brooks is certainly not top grade. But he's better than what we have ATM. A change of scenery would help him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can anyone watch Brooks for the last 10 years and think he's the answer?

Our attack struggles to score points as it is. We're 15th in points scored. The Tigers have scored 2 more points than us and are 14th. Brooks has a lot to do with that.

I'd much rather ride it out with Olapau, Rajab or someone else than pay 600k plus to Brooks.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Our attack struggles to score points as it is. We're 15th in points scored. The Tigers have scored 2 more points than us and are 14th. Brooks has a lot to do with that.

I'd much rather ride it out with Olapau, Rajab or someone else than pay 600k plus to Brooks.
Most of this place has no F**kin idea what they are talking about most of the time. Just persist with KO and Rajab. Don't buy anyone's else scraps.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of this place has no F**kin idea what they are talking about most of the time. Just persist with KO and Rajab. Don't buy anyone's else scraps.
There is this obsession with finding external solutions. Sign, sign, sign! It's like the government, every problem just spend, spend, spend!

We need to find internal solutions. External solutions have to be quality but also at the right price. We've been burned too many times in the player market. Okunbor is an example of an internal solution and great work by the coaching staff.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trindall would be a good 7 for us. Cant get an nrl game at the sharks. Plays very similar to hodko.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is this obsession with finding external solutions. Sign, sign, sign! It's like the government, every problem just spend, spend, spend!

We need to find internal solutions. External solutions have to be quality but also at the right price. We've been burned too many times in the player market. Okunbor is an example of an internal solution and great work by the coaching staff.
You and I know how that worked out for us last time? A broken salary cap and heartache.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Just get Critta in to replace Perham and stiffen up our forward pack. We’d be a ten times better team with some luck with injuries next year.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunt will stay at Saints with Flanagan Snr. Brooks will go to Raiders. Flanagan Jnr to Tigers.
I thought Arthur and Flanagan senior might have done a deal… thought the Flange to eels no oil just guessing. Big no to Brooks.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with rajab the next foran minus the injuries will be a superstar

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Yep agree. We have significant combined cap $ & 2 x top 30 spaces tied up in Josh Reynolds & Flanno. Hopefully both exited from top 30 by end ‘23. However while Hunt sounds like a great idea (for 2 years) to mentor either/& KO ‘n Rajab, I believe Hunt, “play-wise”, is what we need, but he will just soak up a lot of Cap $ (his last big payday). Certainly not Brooks.
IMO with so few ‘value for $’ options on market, Trindall could potentially be a good cheaper 2year stop-gap until KO &/or KR, float to the top. If not agree, persist with KO/KR.