News Loyal Dog: Faitala-Mariner set for new deal after sniffing around

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
How strong is he..always bends the line and takes 3 to get him down. Needs quality ball badly. Wouldnt hurt to design some plays so he could get 1 on 1 with a half defender.
You're asking too much of Pay there mate :laughing:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know RFM was probably trying to be complimentary of Dean, but all hes done is confirm that Dean is the moron that we all assumed he was.. well, most of us assumed he was..
Mate please if the Morons hear you they’ll get upset lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I classify offloads and "passing" as two different things.

He can offload 100%.

He cant pass though nor does he know when its better off to pass it through to the backs
Fair point. I guess the fact that we don't have a dynamic backing makes it less important though.
VHN didn't have a great passing game either but he had a hell of an offload.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It makes it more hard to handle, watching him.
Ye na, dont think he's all that, hopefully a coach that knws what hes doing gets appointed and can get the best out of him.
He is a shitload better then any other backrower at the club.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. Rather Ray over Elliott tbh, particularly as we now have Thommo (so long as he delivers...)
I'd like to see us keep Elliot. Hopefully we can. Thompson should be our prop. There's no reason why the best prop in super league should have to change positions. He simply takes over tolmans position next year.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see us keep Elliot. Hopefully we can. Thompson should be our prop. There's no reason why the best prop in super league should have to change positions. He simply takes over tolmans position next year.
Burgess 2.0

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news , now we are close to the madness .. re sign pay for 2 years for 2 years of the madness

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant fucking believe it lol I even said it a few old posts that he's a run of the mill junior coach who says "run hard, tackle hard and have fun". Absolutely fucking insane haha
Its pretty clear, hes a simple coach with a simple mind and way too nice. We aint winning shit with that mentality.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There you go.

"Run hard tackle hard" absolute genius this dean pay is.
"I really like this about Deano, he's really narrowed my game down," Faitala-Mariner said.

-In fact, the whole team playing style has narrowed down. One out running; kick to nobody on the fifth, and always give it to a forward to take the tackle, 5 metres from the line on the fourth.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go.

"Run hard tackle hard" absolute genius this dean pay is.
What's Pay meant to say to him?

We don't have genuine, talented centres who know how to back RFM up for an offload so yeh keep it simple and gain as many metres. Our whole game plan is simple because we don't have the talent across the park.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I really like this about Deano, he's really narrowed my game down," Faitala-Mariner said.

-In fact, the whole team playing style has narrowed down. One out running; kick to nobody on the fifth, and always give it to a forward to take the tackle, 5 metres from the line on the fourth.
Spot on, with a dream boss.

Who wouldnt wana work for a boss that doesnt test you and push you to your absolute limits.. easy money if you ask me.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

We don't have genuine, talented centres who know how to back RFM up for an offload so yeh keep it simple and gain as many metres. Our whole game plan is simple because we don't have the talent across the park.
Is that because we lack the talent to bring out the players' talent?

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cmon mate you gota come up with something better than that.

Players are simple and follow instructions, they have to, its their bread n butter.

If not alot has been implemented into individuals or as a team OR, more importantly into a game plan, they'll just go through the motions from week to week hoping that heads up footy wins them games.

Its a joke of a set up (our team) atm. Players out of position, players not being able to play to their strengths and no fkn continuity.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that because we lack the talent to bring out the players' talent?
Thats what the coach is for, i can understand the 1st year as youre still getting to know the players but there is absolutely no development or progress as a team, asides from effort (woopy doo!) after how many years in charge?? Can someone fill me in.. feels like a miserable decade.