Lower Grade Player Discussion

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
According to Velocity Sports, Lachlan Lee has been added to the NRL squad.

Also the Knights have pinched Tavita Fesolai and Thomas McGrady (SG Ball 2016).

*Apologies if posted earlier/or other thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not another prop!! Far out...

Bummer re Thomas McGrady.... showed a bit of potential.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats everyone's thoughts on Jayden Okunbor ?
He looked like the next big thing but he looks rather average after seeing more games.
He doesn't have much pace or agility I thought he looked better playing prop at the back end of the year
From the games iv seen in 20s and previously sgball - cant or wont tackle - maybe that's y he ended up in the forwards - I thinkhe was a Castle pick - get the refugees interested - he also hadthe advantage of training in pre season with nrl squad - still wouldn't tackle in first half of the year - hopefully I'm wrong

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Ins: Zac Woolford (Canberra Raiders), Josh Cleeland (Cronulla Sharks/Newtown Jets), Rhyse Martin (Townsville Blackhawks), Brenko Lee (Canberra Raiders/Mounties), Tom Carr (St George Illawarra Dragons/Illawarra Cutters), Francis Tualau (Melbourne Storm/Easts Tigers), Richard Kennar (Melbourne Storm Storm/Easts Tigers) Josh Bergamin (2016 Holden Cup), Lachlan Lewis (2016 Holden Cup), Marcelo Montoya (2016 Holden Cup), Darcy Maroske (2016 Holden Cup), Soni Hala (2016 Holden Cup), D’Rhys Miller (2016 Holden Cup), Peter Tiatia (2016 Holden Cup), Lachlan Lee (2016 Holden Cup), Jerry Leasi (2016 Holden Cup)

Outs: Dane Chisholm (mid-season, Bradford Bulls), Lindon McGrady (mid-season, Wentworthville Magpies), Pat O'Hanlon (retired), Richard Coorey (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Makahesi Makatoa (Canberra Raiders), Jarrod McInally (*Easts Tigers), Graham Clark (*Northern Pride), Jake Kamire (released), Reubenn Rennie (released), Lamar Liolevave (*Tweed Heads Seagulls), Brad Keighran (released, mid-season), Soni Hala (released)

So Soni Hala is an in and an out???

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/12/06/intrust_super_premie.html

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Ins: Zac Woolford (Canberra Raiders), Josh Cleeland (Cronulla Sharks/Newtown Jets), Rhyse Martin (Townsville Blackhawks), Brenko Lee (Canberra Raiders/Mounties), Tom Carr (St George Illawarra Dragons/Illawarra Cutters), Francis Tualau (Melbourne Storm/Easts Tigers), Richard Kennar (Melbourne Storm Storm/Easts Tigers) Josh Bergamin (2016 Holden Cup), Lachlan Lewis (2016 Holden Cup), Marcelo Montoya (2016 Holden Cup), Darcy Maroske (2016 Holden Cup), Soni Hala (2016 Holden Cup), D’Rhys Miller (2016 Holden Cup), Peter Tiatia (2016 Holden Cup), Lachlan Lee (2016 Holden Cup), Jerry Leasi (2016 Holden Cup)

Outs: Dane Chisholm (mid-season, Bradford Bulls), Lindon McGrady (mid-season, Wentworthville Magpies), Pat O'Hanlon (retired), Richard Coorey (Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles), Makahesi Makatoa (Canberra Raiders), Jarrod McInally (Queensland Intrust Super Cup), Graham Clark (released), Jake Kamire (released), Reubenn Rennie (released), Lamar Liolevave (released), Brad Keighran (released, mid-season), Soni Hala (released)

So Soni Hala is an in and an out???

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/12/06/intrust_super_premie.html
I seem to remember that he played mostly Shield and Massey this year. Don't think he even played an U20 game for us. Penrith were not fussed when he left them.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's training with first grade

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tigris polata from the 20s looks like a great prospect , looks extremely quick

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we always had a good crop of juniors. Sad part was they never had access to a person who could coach. Patmore and Anderson etc.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maroske, Montoya, Martin and Tualau

This was taken at the 'monopoly day'. Great promo by the club for a change with interaction between players and fans. Mix of first grade, Intrust and U20's. Wonder how the presents looked after the Morris boys had a go, lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good read and sounds like he has his head screwed on, and some serious drive and ambition to succeed.

He was with us in 2014 for a train and trial it seems.
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/hamilton-news/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503364&objectid=11327162

and has played all over the place (prop/fullback/five eighth).

and he's a Crusher spotted player!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I think he was a training camp player. I haven't worked out what I'm doing with those lists yet.

I have nothing to do tomorrow night so I'll re-work this thread and make specific NSW Cup, NYC and SG/HM threads etc.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Part of the HPU group we have every year. Morgan Harper is one from the previous years group who's gone through to Holden Cup.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Sebastian Winters-Chang on his selection in the QLD U18 Schoolboys side.