Lock position debate

Who do you want to be Canterburys lock for the coming 2018 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is we really don’t know what these players are capable of playing in a system that trusts their abilities (thank you Des)..... that’s why I chose RFM, he could be one of our X-factors!!!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
None of the above mentioned should be in that lock position. Josh Jackson would be a waste there and we all saw what happened when Klemmer played there

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
None of the above mentioned should be in that lock position. Josh Jackson would be a waste there and we all saw what happened when Klemmer played there
Why would Josh Jackson be a waste there

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam Elliot gets my vote

He reminds me finucane
A year or 2 under a decent coach who knows how to get the best out of him and we can have what the storm have in dale

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tolman.
Not because I like him, but because it makes the most sense.
Klem and woodsy to start up front leaves tolman out of a starting spot, and even though that’d be fine by me, there’s no way we’re leaving a $700k forward on the bench.
Once tolmans gone, move jacko to lock.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Between Jacko and RFM for me.

Jacko is our most effective tackler and can get fiery every now and again which is what you want in the middle but we don't haven't seen him given the chance to run any lines the last 5 years so I'd be inclined to start him on the edge for the first few games to see how he goes. In his debut year, he did run some pretty decent lines and definitely could in the U20's.

RFM can pop an offload no matter the situation and could be an X-Factor type player for us in the middle which will benefit Mbye the most from the back and if used right could be one of the best locks in the comp.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tolman.
Not because I like him, but because it makes the most sense.
Klem and woodsy to start up front leaves tolman out of a starting spot, and even though that’d be fine by me, there’s no way we’re leaving a $700k forward on the bench.
Once tolmans gone, move jacko to lock.
Tolman isn't even on close to 700k lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think tolman should be our lock personally. He wont do us any good coming off the bench, and he will hold down that middle third so the other forwards can just worry about hitting rhe ball up hard and running good lines.
I actually dont have any issues with tolman like so many otgers do. Having him and graham as our starting props was just a fucking dumb ass move by our former so and so.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i'd like to throw back to having a lock with some ball playing ability like when we used to have Dymock, Anasta or Jason Smith at lock..... I know many will say that's from back in the dinosaur days, but hey I reckon it could add some value...unfortunately I don't think we have a forward with any of those skills

Status
Not open for further replies.