Loan players

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is Gould's close relationship with Ricky Stuart at play in a ploy to help both clubs.

Ricky's next forwards in line get much needed game time with no Reggie's.

And we don't have to field 2 rookie props.

I don't like what the game has become to be honest, but it's great to see that we are switched on enough to take advantage of the rules.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I said they're both upgrades and good forwards. I just don't think any competition should change the rules every week or allow player movement so close to the finals.
I sort of agree it could open up a can of worms come finals time in the future and far out havent they changed eough rules its not the same game !

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even with a full strength squad these guys would get a start shows how much of a joke our team is

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it’s terrible form from the NRL. If a modern day NRL team cannot field a team from a squad of 30 then the problems with the club no one else.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think loan players should be allowed as it allows top teams to stockpile talent/depth (e.g. the Storm would of lost Harry Grant without the Tigers loan deal imo). I also think we need to extend the top 30 to a top 35 (just giving a number as an example) as there are way too many injuries and suspensions in the current game (I mean we're already using multiple players not even in our top 30).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it’s terrible form from the NRL. If a modern day NRL team cannot field a team from a squad of 30 then the problems with the club no one else.
Lol no. There's WAY more injuries happening this season and we can thank the NRL for implementing ridiculous rule changes during the absolute worst time possible. Team also don't have access to a lot of lower grade players they could've previously called on because of the Covid bubbles in place. This is ALL the NRL's fault.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even on Horsburgh's worst day he has more heart than Napa ever had. These 2 might actually give us some go forward, quick play the balls &, as an added bonus, not go to the sin bin for salty coat hangers because of uncontrollable red mist.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me how embarrassing it will be for our front rowers like hetho and Napa if these 2 end up making us look like a decent team. I can’t see it happening but if it does then that’s just lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
These guys are gunna go back to Canbra after experiencing games playing for us and getting screwed many times over by the refs. They’ll tell Ricky to never complain about the reffing ever again.

Always a Bulldog

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Canberra Raiders middles Corey Horsburgh and Ryan James will join the Canterbury Bulldogs on loan on a week-by-week basis.
You know things are really bad and fuc*ed up with our current pack - these two Canberra players who can't even get a look in on the bench (let alone the run on side) at Canberra are better than most of our current forwards except Thompson.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
How the fuck do we end up having 3 props suspended for 2 weeks minimum hahaha
Yes AC.

Like I just said in another post I want to know if this has ever happened to another first grade team in the history of rugby league.

I bet it hasn't.

It's a fuckin rort against the Bulldogs.

Players from other clubs do the same or worse sh!t than our players did and nothing happens to them.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's no coincidence that we play the Warriors and Newcastle the next two weeks who are both competing with Canberra for a top 8 spot. The Raiders aren't doing this to help us out, they're trying to make us more competitive so we can maybe help them make the finals.

Once again the NRL has opened a massive can of worms without thinking about the repercussions and how clubs will exploit these rules.
@ Khan00 read this and see the bigger picture.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting theory… makes sense! But it looks blatantly obvious at the same time! Might be pissed if I was a knights/ warrior supporter

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s mentioned in here but not sure why people are so upset over it.
Ogden has injury, Atoni in Sydney for child birth. Napa, hetherington and Thommo suspended. We literally have no props probably in the top group that are in the bubble in brisbane and we can’t access juniors in Sydney due to Covid.
Lighten up. Games different now during COVID times. Whilst it’s odd this loan system it’s not the end of the world.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This wont benefit us in the slightest..
This is absolutely embarrassing. Deal of the century for the Raiders. Priceless bit of match fitness to a couple of their reserve forwards who they’ll probably need to call upon at some stage later in the season.

What’s wrong with that softcock To’omaga? Has he just thrown in the towel for 2021? Any oil on this @MariaZ?

Surely Jimmy Roumanos can’t be that bad either. Should’ve just thrown him in there for a look to spare us the embarrassment of this scenario.