Like Thompson staggering deal revealed

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s with us an overpaying bog average fowards.

Trex, woods, napa, thompson

Second of all no point having a prop on 800k a year when you have a hooker like JMK or lichaa who have crap service. Thank god Mahoneys coming next year.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Club has been sabotaged from within, and outside, for several years.

Is it any wonder members, fans and supporters are expressing their anger at what our club has become and the crazy decisions that got us here.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I must have missed every one of those bulldozing runs and big hits in defence.

Anyone see any ?

Raylene and Hill were absolutely desperate for a big signing at the time. No-one would come near us. Flew to the other side of the world twice reportedly and paid way overs to sign what turned out to be a very average first grader. They fell for and quoted the line of him being the best prop in the world although he hadn't played 1 game in the toughest competition (the NRL). Just demonstrates again us having administrators who know nothing at all really about the game.

Current mob needed to hire Gould for a MIL a season to tell them we need a 1 and 7.

Most on here could have told them for f..king free.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gee I must have missed every one of those bulldozing runs and big hits in defence.

Anyone see any ?

Raylene and Hill were absolutely desperate for a big signing at the time. No-one would come near us. Flew to the other side of the world twice reportedly and paid way overs to sign what turned out to be a very average first grader. They fell for and quoted the line of him being the best prop in the world although he hadn't played 1 game in the toughest competition (the NRL). Just demonstrates again us having administrators who know nothing at all really about the game.

Current mob needed to hire Gould for a MIL a season to tell them we need a 1 and 7.

I thought the Anderson regime signed Thompson - along with the other successes like Cotric DWZ etc ( icould be wrong Im old n forgetful)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It can be fixed, but you shouldn’t have to worry about that on a player you’ve signed for 800k
That’s exactly right he should be making more of an impact on the game at that price point but we did whatever we could to get the deal done as we didn’t want to continue to miss targets.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How much "the deal" is is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what is in the Cap and it's not $800k. For a starter we paid St Helens $100k+transfer fee, that's not in the Cap. We also paid his and his partner's legal fees for their visas plus relocation costs, and easy $50k there. He also has a car, another $20k excluded from the Cap. In the Cap is closer to $600k and that's all that matters.

This season I think he is playing much better with Vaughan than when he had Napa alongside him. But like everyone else he suffers from having to do far too much defensive work and not enough time spent attacking.

Always a Bulldog

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Anyone see any ?

Do you realised on TK we all seem to think we are super-duper professionals that know everything and have the solutions to all the Bulldogs problems, have you ever stopped to think why does Gus earn close to a million dollars and we don't ?
Incidentally, poor Rea Rea had nothing to do with this mess, it was Lynnee and Hilly :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last year we were happy with Thommo's performances and quite a few thought he was our best forward and carrying the team with his efforts.

He can play much better but is yet another infected with the Loser atttitude that's been allowed to creep into the team psyche.

Gus looks the only one currently on staff able to change this and needs to get more involved somehow, some way.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Last year we were happy with Thommo's performances and quite a few thought he was our best forward and carrying the team with his efforts.

He can play much better but is yet another infected with the Loser atttitude that's been allowed to creep into the team psyche.

Gus looks the only one currently on staff able to change this and needs to get more involved somehow, some way.
Just put it on his to-do list you reckon Wendy? :tearsofjoy:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you realised on TK we all seem to think we are super-duper professionals that know everything and have the solutions to all the Bulldogs problems, have you ever stopped to think why does Gus earn close to a million dollars and we don't ?
Incidentally, poor Rea Rea had nothing to do with this mess, it was Lynnee and Hilly :grinning:
Sorry yes I should have said Lynne (not Raylene). From what I read on here I actually think the average punter knows more about footy than most of those who run our club. Gus gets overpaid because others who should have some idea have no idea. Same when we employed Des. We just gave him the keys to everything because our administrators at that time had no idea themselves. If our admin had done their job properly and signed the right players (a decent 7 and fullback, and hooker much earlier) we wouldn't have really needed Gus.

I thought we should have signed Edwards when he was available. A lot of people said he was shit and Dufty was better but look how that turned out. Edwards is very very reliable and would have given us some stability at the back in the spine. He wouldn't have cost a fortune either

Last edited:

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry yes I should have said Lynne (not Raylene). From what I read on here I actually think the average punter knows more about footy than most of those who run our club. Gus gets overpaid because others who should have some idea have no idea. Same when we employed Des. We just gave him the keys to everything because our administrators at that time had no idea themselves. If our admin had done their job properly and signed the right players (a decent 7 and fullback, and hooker much earlier) we wouldn't have really needed Gus.

I thought we should have signed Edwards when he was available. A lot of people said he was shit and Dufty was better but look how that turned out. Edwards is very very reliable and would have given us some stability at the back in the spine. He wouldn't have cost a fortune either
Edwards in our team would be shit. He looks good in the Penrith team