Like Thompson staggering deal revealed

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
More speculation.

I agree we’re probably paying too much for the return we get but I doubt it’s the amount quoted.

Also when we signed him, we were trying to entice players so we had to pay more to get the likes of Thompson and Cotric to sign. Of course it’s a different argument as to how that strategy worked out but everyone has 20/20 hindsight, don’t they.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who do we dildo for this contract?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Bulldozing runs & big hits in defense WTF?!?!?!
With his leg speed he would be ideal to follow 2 solid runs that had the defense back peddling....something that we don't do!
Unfortunately on massive overs for the output..

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lazy and too small, yet for someone that’s small he’s the least bit agile. He’s a fire hydrant. Any lateral movement and he’s cooked. The pommy dog would get stepped in a phone booth
I reckon that could be trained and fixed to be honest. His footwork needs tweaking. He is really light on his feet when moving yet he looks fuckn bogged down in defence.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought his first stint last week was one of his best for us

But

His second shift was a disaster …we were coming to get the Dragons late and he made an inexcusable handling error in attacking position

Then doubles down on that error with his failure to prevent the winning try (Barge over)

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a desperate signing at the time. We had very little to offer somebody new to the club so had to pay overs and it’s continued to hurt us now. I commend the bloke for his effort but I really can’t stand his defence. He makes similar missed tackles and errors to Waddell but is on 3 x the cash.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was a desperate signing at the time. We had very little to offer somebody new to the club so had to pay overs and it’s continued to hurt us now. I commend the bloke for his effort but I really can’t stand his defence. He makes similar missed tackles and errors to Waddell but is on 3 x the cash.
The effort and shoulder is not there in defence - have wanted it to work out for him but he just doesnt put in defensively - his poor lateral movement makes him a target and his laziness just makes the whole situation worse.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
so the Andersons, in an effort to fix the mess signed cotric thompson flanagan napa - good intentions are never good enough

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More speculation.

I agree we’re probably paying too much for the return we get but I doubt it’s the amount quoted.

Also when we signed him, we were trying to entice players so we had to pay more to get the likes of Thompson and Cotric to sign. Of course it’s a different argument as to how that strategy worked out but everyone has 20/20 hindsight, don’t they.
Yes we had to pay more to entice star players to sign with us but the unnecessary gamble was,
1. Thompson was unproven player in the NRL,
2. Cotric failed all his efforts to play centre at Canberra.
Both players were way over their realistic value !

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His main problem is that he is paranoid about getting sin-binned/sent off/suspended - refer to Shoop getting binned recently which turned the game. This has tamed his aggression, same with TPJ. It's a pity they can't learn from someone like Fish at Panther, controlled aggression in defence and hard running in attack.