Not open for further replies.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate, cancer is fked, if i had one wish I'd cure cancer for everyone.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
:( very sad bro, Hope your mother proves medical science wrong and live another 100 years atleast.

there is no one in the world like a mother.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Keep ya head up. Try to be strong for her. Spend as much time as you can. You have the Kennel family behind ya :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How you feeling today brother?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All my strength to you, your family and especially your mum..

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As some of you that know me from on here and know parts of my life story i just wanted to share the latest. A quick run down for those who don't know my mother has been fighting cancer for the last year or so and unfortunately we got the news today that it's spread and she is now terminal. I have already lost my father and brother from illnesses and now mum is also soon to be. Like the title say life can be cruel.

After finding out the news pretty much her first words to me was "well the Doggies better do it for me this year, i want something to cheer about"
sorry to hear man, I lost my mother young, and my mother in law from cancer, as you said life is cruel, stay strong for her. I hope Bulldogs give us something to cheer this year

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As some of you that know me from on here and know parts of my life story i just wanted to share the latest. A quick run down for those who don't know my mother has been fighting cancer for the last year or so and unfortunately we got the news today that it's spread and she is now terminal. I have already lost my father and brother from illnesses and now mum is also soon to be. Like the title say life can be cruel.

After finding out the news pretty much her first words to me was "well the Doggies better do it for me this year, i want something to cheer about"
I was so sorry to read this. I'm the last surviving member of my paternal family. My last brother went to lung cancer and my father in law lost his fight against liver cancer some time back now. I think the hardest one for me to watch was my father in law. I got off to a rocky start with him, but in the end, I had so much respect for the man and he was a good man. He did nothing but good in his life. I hope the doctors can keep your mum comfortable. I can't imagine how painful this is for you.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How are you today MastaDogg?

Now that you have had time to take everything in and get your head around what is actually happening, how are you coping? How is your Mum?

I lost my Mum to lung cancer in 1985, but the memory of the day she passed is still fresh in my mind; the massive hole in my heart when I saw her at the hospital: too late to say a proper goodbye. However I also keep in mind a lot of other things that we did together in the happy times, the laughter we shared and the tears. Gosh I miss her, but there is always a little piece of her in my heart and my mind and believe it or not I still dream of her, mostly when things are a bit tough. In my dreams she is the Mum I knew before she got sick.

She was my best mate as I was the only girl of four children. We did not have a lot of time to dwell on Mum's illness as she was gone four months to the day of diagnosis, just after the wedding of my youngest brother who was the last of us all to wed. She went with dignity and knowing that we all would have the comfort of a good family to help us through. I really believe she waited until we were all best able to cope.

I hope your Mum gets to experience a good quality of life for the time she has left with you and I know that the time you have with her will mean the world to you both. Take every day as it comes and experience all the good things left for you and her. Don't dwell on the inevitable but keep the memories of the positive things alive. She will need your support and I know you will give it to her. Talk to her, ask her how she is feeling about everything . Tell her you love her each and every day and give her lots of hugs and let her know that you will eventually be okay afterwards.

Look after yourself too because your health is important and vent any negative feelings to your 'family' on the kennel. Don't be shy to PM me ( as I am also sure others would not mind either if you contact them) if you feel uncomfortable expressing any of your thoughts in the public forum and you should want to talk. The people I have 'met' here on the kennel and in real life are the best of the best and have truly renewed my faith in human kind. Good people all of them.God bless you mate; both you and your Mum will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
matsta mate, im so sorry to hear this. theres nothing i can say to even attempt to make you feel better. so all the best to your mum, yourself and your family.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this news Matstadogg and that you've had to deal with so much. We're all thinking of you, take care of yourself and your mum.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Somebody should post your mothers words in the boys' dressing rooms this Saturday.

If that doesn't fire them the fck up, nothing will.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks again for all of your support. Haven't been on for a few days just been dealing with the news and have had a lot of visitors.

I have also read all the messages to my mum and she was very greatful and for the fact that people who don't know her personally actually care.

Heading back to Sydney tomorrow for the week so she can have some radiation at St Vincents. Because we stay in Bondi, mum now wants to go to the Dogs v Roosters game if we can manage to get tickets seeing as we will be there. Anyhow, thanks again Kennel fam!!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey MD, really sorry about your mum. I pray she's at least comfortable during this tough time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, brother.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey MD, really sorry about your mum. I pray she's at least comfortable during this tough time. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, brother.

same as what he said Matsta

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matstadogg I'm so sorry to hear this, thinking of you and your mum during this tough time take care.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks again for all of your support. Haven't been on for a few days just been dealing with the news and have had a lot of visitors.

I have also read all the messages to my mum and she was very greatful and for the fact that people who don't know her personally actually care.

Heading back to Sydney tomorrow for the week so she can have some radiation at St Vincents. Because we stay in Bondi, mum now wants to go to the Dogs v Roosters game if we can manage to get tickets seeing as we will be there. Anyhow, thanks again Kennel fam!!
The boys will win it for her brother, i have faith. She sounds like an awesome lady and she deserves to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.