Life Can Be Cruel

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As some of you that know me from on here and know parts of my life story i just wanted to share the latest. A quick run down for those who don't know my mother has been fighting cancer for the last year or so and unfortunately we got the news today that it's spread and she is now terminal. I have already lost my father and brother from illnesses and now mum is also soon to be. Like the title say life can be cruel.

After finding out the news pretty much her first words to me was "well the Doggies better do it for me this year, i want something to cheer about"

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate tough break,sounds like shes a fighter,good luck to her to fight it.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I have no words, I am not good at this kind of thing,
Such a sad story,
Thank you for sharing it with us,
We are all here for you,
No matter what, you always have the kennel family,

Chin up mate, enjoy what time you have left with your mum,

Good luck

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Sorry to here the bad news MD.

I lost Dad in the space of 20mins. I've watched others dealt similar cards to you. It don't think it really matters if your loved ones are snatched from you in tragedy, or whether they fight the bravest of battles long-term that take vestige of their energies. All of us walk a similar path, and it's hard for all of us.

I hope you and all your extended family can find the courage to celebrate her contribution. Let her know how much you're grateful for what she's given you, and reassure her that the world is better off for her being here at all.

And of course ... when things get dark, and you need to decompress, come here and vent.
If nothing else, it'll help you drift away to a world where you might be able to have a quick giggle.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As some of you that know me from on here and know parts of my life story i just wanted to share the latest. A quick run down for those who don't know my mother has been fighting cancer for the last year or so and unfortunately we got the news today that it's spread and she is now terminal. I have already lost my father and brother from illnesses and now mum is also soon to be. Like the title say life can be cruel.

After finding out the news pretty much her first words to me was "well the Doggies better do it for me this year, i want something to cheer about"
Mate, so very sorry to hear about your mum. Stay strong and positive for her and look after yourself as well as she will need you more than ever. Amazing her reaction, so I hope the boys can bring it on home. She sounds like an amazing women from what you have told us before. God bless you both.

Yes; life can be cruel, my father in law was diagnosed with a tumour on his tonsil and cancer on the left side of his throat two to three weeks ago. After biopsies etc. we got the news today that he will start chemo next week for the next seven weeks. They are hopeful that it will do the trick for him and they seem to think upon examination that they have got it in time.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to here the bad news MD.

I lost Dad in the space of 20mins. I've watched others dealt similar cards to you. It don't think it really matters if your loved ones are snatched from you in tragedy, or whether they fight the bravest of battles long-term that take vestige of their energies. All of us walk a similar path, and it's hard for all of us.

I hope you and all your extended family can find the courage to celebrate her contribution. Let her know how much you're grateful for what she's given you, and reassure her that the world is better off for her being here at all.

And of course ... when things get dark, and you need to decompress, come here and vent.
If nothing else, it'll help you drift away to a world where you might be able to have a quick giggle.
I wish I said this,

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this man unfortunately cancer doesn't discriminate... One thing I can guarantee which I think has been well established over the last few months is that everyone on here is behind you man and wishing you well!! Praying for you that you have the strength to get through this tough time and praying for a miracle too chin up man!!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this man. Savour every moment you can with her, give her all the love you can and vent to us or pop on here to divert yourself a bit from the hard realities whenever you need to.

I really hope the dogs can do it this year even more so now so you can experience that joy with her.

Anyway man, life deals some really shitty hands at times, but you're a good son obviously and regardless of the misfortunes your mum has encountered lately, I'm sure she feels fortunate to have you by her side and to know she is loved.

Thinking of you both. All the very best.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My mums best friends died of cancer a few months ago, she thought she beat it but it came back a year later and took her.

Its a terrible disease that effects everyone at some point in their life whether it be themselves,friends or family.

Stay positive man and enjoy the time your have with her.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I lost my Father and favourite Uncle to fuking cancer too bro.

So I know there isn't anything I can say to make you feel better apart from she will be at peace soon in a place we all hope to be one day.

Stay strong brother and PM if you need anything.

PS the Dogs cheered me up in 2004 for my Uncle so there is hope.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And it goes without saying I will be praying for her and you my bro.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the kind words and support. Love the kennel family u are all good people and support eachother through good and bad. I'll still be here chatting about footy, life in general and what ever else and lets go the Doggies, this will be a special finals series for me now.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost my Father and favourite Uncle to fuking cancer too bro.

So I know there isn't anything I can say to make you feel better apart from she will be at peace soon in a place we all hope to be one day.

Stay strong brother and PM if you need anything.

PS the Dogs cheered me up in 2004 for my Uncle so there is hope.
My brother passed away from cancer in 2012 and one of the last things he knew was that the Doggies where on top of the ladder at the time. I remember he gave me the thumbs up even though he was pretty much in a coma at the time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow... really sorry to hear this Mastadogg..

I couldn't imagine losing my loved ones in such a short space of time. I recently lost my Nan suddenly, and shes the first close family member that has passed away.

It may sound strange, but I'm doing all I can to let her passing have a positive influence on my life. No more wondering, waiting and considering things. Instead I'm just enjoying the time I have here, working hard, and making the most of my life. It's also brought the family closer together, and every day I tell my wife I love her..

It may be too late to show them personally, but making changes in your life on behalf of a lost one, well, I'm sure up above they can see what's going on.

Again sorry to hear about your recent situations :(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My brother passed away from cancer in 2012 and one of the last things he knew was that the Doggies where on top of the ladder at the time. I remember he gave me the thumbs up even though he was pretty much in a coma at the time.
The Dogs have to do it for us this year bro, we fuking need it.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Dogs have to do it for us this year bro, we fuking need it.
Western Sydney and the true strugglers in it who the dogs bring joy to need it.

It's been tough struggling these past few years but seeing the dogs win makes me forget about it and be happy, I think it's really needed for us!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the team really want it this year, Graham has lost 7 GF's in a row, Franky's leaving and Des needs to redeem himself.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear mate I have lost loved ones to it and seen family go through it. All I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and loved ones in this time of need. Keep strong and I hope for nothing but the best for you and your family.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate, life can be a real bitch sometimes. As you know you have a strong network of friends here so if you need to vent or need anything else, that's what we're here for.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro sad story hope the dogs can win the grand final and cheer her up

Status
Not open for further replies.